Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby Gracio » 15 Jun 2020, 15:57

Keta kickin hard i see :+ xD

FIFA World Cup Winner 2014: Germany
Harderstate World Cup Prediction Champion!!!
Gracio (32)
Crab

Postby DjVero » 15 Jun 2020, 17:25

At least forum activity has sparked more than 30% activity again :+
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (32)
Crab

Postby Valadia » 17 Jun 2020, 03:27

Gracio:Keta kickin hard i see :+ xD

DjVero:At least forum activity has sparked more than 30% activity again :+

Didn't want to say it, but..
Soundcloud
Facebook
kraczk:Also Hard Driver and Digital Punk are notorious for being edgier than US school shooters.
Valadia (22)
Producer

Postby spitles » 17 Jun 2020, 04:32

69% soon :lol:
spitles (33)
State Native

Postby Reverse Ghost » 17 Jun 2020, 05:16

spitles is the shining light of the old Harderstate glory days. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Reverse Ghost (26)
State Legend

Postby [] » 27 Jun 2020, 15:08

DjThera:My unpopular opinion is that I miss trance and early hardstyle elements (like acid) in todays hardstyle. So I started to focus way more on producing that myself. Few releases already out now. Not a lot of attention, not a lot of reach / streams etc. But I will continue nevertheless. It's not about scoring hits but to produce what I love.

Got Soundcloud? I feel the same, and I want to hear more hard trance, hardstyle and nu-style hardstyle.

My own unpopular opinion is that hardstyle is currently having a massive identity crisis. At each spectrum, we have raw or euphoric (euphoric being so soft, cheesy and everyday sounding that it doesn't make sense to call it HARDstyle). But overall, most new hardstyle tracks are just hard EDM. Same structure and production value as mainstream EDM tracks. No intro, no underground sound, no continuous heavy beat. Too much singing and too little "Umph".

Hardstyle was glorious while an underground club genre. Continuous mixes without those random breaks that make no sense, is what I believe made this genre unique.
[]
State Outsider

Postby DjThera » 27 Jun 2020, 17:17

[]:
Got Soundcloud? I feel the same, and I want to hear more hard trance, hardstyle and nu-style hardstyle.

My own unpopular opinion is that hardstyle is currently having a massive identity crisis. At each spectrum, we have raw or euphoric (euphoric being so soft, cheesy and everyday sounding that it doesn't make sense to call it HARDstyle). But overall, most new hardstyle tracks are just hard EDM. Same structure and production value as mainstream EDM tracks. No intro, no underground sound, no continuous heavy beat. Too much singing and too little "Umph".

Hardstyle was glorious while an underground club genre. Continuous mixes without those random breaks that make no sense, is what I believe made this genre unique.

Of course :)
Soundcloud.com/djthera
DjThera
Producer+

Postby mrcax5 » 27 Jun 2020, 20:49

DjThera:My unpopular opinion is that I miss trance and early hardstyle elements (like acid) in todays hardstyle. So I started to focus way more on producing that myself. Few releases already out now. Not a lot of attention, not a lot of reach / streams etc. But I will continue nevertheless. It's not about scoring hits but to produce what I love.

This sooo much. I love that Sub zero project and Zatox started to implement more trancey style in their production recently. Go Thera and do it, full support :D
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Defqon.1 '18 | Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18
mrcax5 (27)
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 28 Jun 2020, 19:04

I'm glad for the comeback of gated kicks in general and mostly feel the euphoric tracks are turning into something better to me when they're used... at least for the mid-intros. The rest is very often just dull as hell and kills the vibe halfway through the track. DBSTF is a good example to me. Yeah, I mean, I can always tell the same, people on the dancefloor will go crazy even for that but meh :/
The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Ferren » 07 Jul 2020, 13:10

I would love to see a new (hate myself for saying this) subgenre in Hardstyle that is more focused on it's roots.

One of my favorite labels from back in the day was StraightON Black (Thilo & Evanti, Future Tribes etc).
That was an awesome sound, sadly it never took off completetly.

Hardstyle back in the day was experimenting more soundwise. Just like I said with the Tech sound and then we had the Jumpstyle era that most labels released with during 2005-2006 (also never became a hit).

But aye, I miss the more Techno / Trance orientated sound of Hardstyle and especially longer tracks then 3min.
Ferren (35)
Producer

Postby ThePrincipal » 08 Jul 2020, 01:36

Straight on Black is the best label ever. no debates!

We need more 146-150 dark simple techy hardstyle again!
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby NICK9656 » 08 Jul 2020, 01:51

Simple, dark and hard Hardstyle which is more Techno oriented? Oh yeah, we definitely need this!
NICK9656
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 08 Jul 2020, 09:08

ThePrincipal:Straight on Black is the best label ever. no debates!

x1000
Along with Fools Forest / Therabyte. I'm so sad this kind of complex & dark kind of harddance died out :(
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby Ferren » 08 Jul 2020, 09:18

ceero:
ThePrincipal:Straight on Black is the best label ever. no debates!

x1000
Along with Fools Forest / Therabyte. I'm so sad this kind of complex & dark kind of harddance died out :(

Still "dark" hard trance out there, Hyper Reality is going quite strong nad Dark by Design is still releasing some stuff. Iäm sure there's others as well.
Ferren (35)
Producer

Postby ThePrincipal » 08 Jul 2020, 09:51

Dark by Design did a decent new release on Infexious not long ago!

But yes the dark stuff was just the best. I get so happy listening to it. If some of these extra raw tracks were made at 150 and the kicks were able to breathe, could have a similar sound now , but noooooooooooooo they want to be made at 160 and played at 165 :(
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles