Welcome to %s forums

Stay up to date on Hardstyle and Hardcore parties, releases, free/unreleased tracks, DJ mixes, how to produce and much more. International Hardstyle forum

Login Register

Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic

ceero
Global Mod
Poland

Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic

Post by ceero »

Emre wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:07 Or stick to the (minimal amount) of artists that really do their own thing.
...and eventually just vanish sooner or later

Reverse Ghost
State Legend
United States of America

Post by Reverse Ghost »

ceero wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:00 Hell, they are THE reason Showtek quit hardstyle those years ago.
I require elaboration, I assumed they just quit hardstyle since their releases toward the end of their tenure weren't at the same quality as their prior works.

Scitex
State Native

Post by Scitex »

Thats one of the reasons I am listening more and more to the PRSPCT stuff. Quite more undergroundish but music wise much more diverse (go check out the PRSPCT App f.e. and listen to "DJ Hiddens Imaginarium" or Thrashers "Wonderful world of Wax" (which includes re metal and hiphop too, but anyway). PRSPT feels more advanced and suits more to my age lol

ceero
Global Mod
Poland

Post by ceero »

Reverse Ghost wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 00:43
ceero wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:00 Hell, they are THE reason Showtek quit hardstyle those years ago.
I require elaboration, I assumed they just quit hardstyle since their releases toward the end of their tenure weren't at the same quality as their prior works.
There was an interview with them where they said it out loud, that the reason for their departure were disagreement with the main guy from Q-Dance. Someone can give me a hand maybe? I'm sure its been posted here as well but i cant seem to find it

ThePrincipal
State Hero
Australia

Post by ThePrincipal »

I don't recall any interview, Ceero. But all I understand is they weren't given big stage bookings because Q wouldn't pay their fees so they quit. That was just public knowledge.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus

John Cove
Crab
Germany

Post by John Cove »

ceero wrote: 15 Jan 2023, 21:00 All that bullshit about orange hearts and weekend warriors they try to stick down everyones throaths is just ridiculous imo.
Reminds me of the Star Wars/Marvel cult.

DjVero
Crab

Post by DjVero »

So, a company that wants to make some cash is a bad one? Don't forget Q is one the reasons why Hardstyle is so big in the first place. Imo it's their full right to push this genre into something they want! They practically have patent on this genre lol.

But it's not only them, it's the crowds too. When raw became a thing I couldn't believe all the 'ooohs' and 'aaahs' whenever a freaking hard kick kicked in, hadn't heard that with euphoric for quite some time. Euphoric producers have been the least creative producers for at least ten freaking years already, it's not only Q's fault. Raw has already had a few adaptations in those ten years, whereas Euphoric just keeps on churning out the same tune after the same tune.
Mr. Revealed

Chordata
State Citizen
Japan

Post by Chordata »

Reverse Ghost wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 00:43
If you search "Showtek Platinum" in this forum you'll see info about Q-Dance not booking Showtek because they (Showtek) left Platinum Agency. It's hard to imagine the counterfactual where they kept headlining major Q-Dance parties now.
ceero wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 09:06 There was an interview with them where they said it out loud, that the reason for their departure were disagreement with the main guy from Q-Dance. Someone can give me a hand maybe? I'm sure its been posted here as well but i cant seem to find it
I believe this is the interview you're thinking of.

GerHSUploadz
State Celebrity
Germany

Post by GerHSUploadz »

Rocko
Global Mod
Finland

Post by Rocko »

Digital Mindz release schedule with hint of an album(?)

Rocko
Global Mod
Finland

Post by Rocko »

P4RTYLOV3R
State Celebrity
Poland

Post by P4RTYLOV3R »

Bioweapon (Code Black and Audiofreq) are working on an album ;)

Emre
Global Mod
Netherlands

Post by Emre »

P4RTYLOV3R wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 22:23 Bioweapon (Code Black and Audiofreq) are working on an album ;)
Cool _O_

Puszek
State Citizen
Netherlands

Post by Puszek »

DjVero wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 15:58 Don't forget Q is one the reasons why Hardstyle is so big in the first place. Imo it's their full right to push this genre into something they want! They practically have patent on this genre lol.
Fine, but dont forget Q is also the reason why the scene is not bigger and more diverse. That patent is the worst thing that ever happened to hardstyle, it a disgrace.

Imagine some organistion/label would claim techno or hiphop and pushes the same 10 acts for 10 years. All other talents get moved to a shitload of related but useless sublabels, with no chance of playing their tracks/sets in front of a crowd. Lawsuits for radio stations who play too much techno/hiphop without their permission.

It would kill the scene, wouldn't it?

DjVero
Crab

Post by DjVero »

Puszek wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 20:26
DjVero wrote: 16 Jan 2023, 15:58 Don't forget Q is one the reasons why Hardstyle is so big in the first place. Imo it's their full right to push this genre into something they want! They practically have patent on this genre lol.
Fine, but dont forget Q is also the reason why the scene is not bigger and more diverse. That patent is the worst thing that ever happened to hardstyle, it a disgrace.
That's your opinion, the patent in my eyes is the best thing that could've happened to hardstyle. Now what? Euphoric is dying, that would've happened anyway. The crowds want harder and faster, simple as that. Q-Dance, albeit pushing, also caters to that. They're smart business people, I praise them for that!

Fifteen years ago a new kind of hardstyle took over. If the early sound would've continued, hardstyle would've died out. Look at Euphoric now.
Mr. Revealed

Return to “General Hardstyle Discussions”