[26/09/2015] QULT - The Last Supper [NL]

Looking for parties?

Postby Nightstalker » 07 Aug 2015, 20:19

Info
Name: QULT - The Last Supper
Organisation: QULT & Q-Dance
Date: 26th September 2015
Time: 22:00 - 05:00
Ticket price: TBA (Ticketsale starts on the 08th of August 2015 - 13:00CET)
Get tickets at: QULT & Q-Dance
Source: Facebookevent

Trailer

Lineup
22:00 - 23:30 S1ngular & Bold Action
23:30 - 00:30 Donnie Darko
00:30 - 01:30 A*S*Y*S
01:30 - 02:30 Geck-o
02:30 - 03:30 ACTI
03:30 - 04:30 Alex Kidd
04:30 - 05:00 The Crucifxion
MC Tjek
AUSTRIA (Not Australia )
There is always time for SCHNITZEL & BEER!!!
Nightstalker (30)
Beer Mod

Postby Twixel » 07 Aug 2015, 20:38

Is this the end of Qult parties or qult in general?
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Tritta » 08 Aug 2015, 11:23

Twixel:Is this the end of Qult parties or qult in general?

The Last Supper is a reference to The Bible so I don't think the word "last" means the end of Qult.
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby DjPractice » 08 Aug 2015, 11:35

yes, the last of Qult......it just didn't take off enough and narrowed its scope too much :(
DJ PRACTICE - Playing weird shit since 2004
http://www.facebook.com/djpracticeofficial
Keep up to date with my new mixes, gigs, tracks and remixes :)
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby bassfaceBAM » 08 Aug 2015, 12:58

DjPractice:yes, the last of Qult......it just didn't take off enough and narrowed its scope too much :(

Only asking, but can you explain why you think it narrowed it's scope?
bassfaceBAM (32)
State Celebrity

Postby NICK9656 » 08 Aug 2015, 18:38

If I understand Q-Dance correctly, it is the last Qult in the Westerunie... just read a comment by Q-Dance on instagram somewhere.
NICK9656
State Celebrity

Postby Ben G » 11 Aug 2015, 13:10

NICK9656:If I understand Q-Dance correctly, it is the last Qult in the Westerunie... just read a comment by Q-Dance on instagram somewhere.

are you sure?

After reading through it seems to be that it's the end of QULT?
Ben G
State Tourist

Postby DjPractice » 11 Aug 2015, 13:15

for me, Qult was meant to be a big range of genres but then after the success of particular subground tracks from Acti and co, all that Qult appeared to push and have at their parties was that type of track. Less of the techno, less of the hard dance around 140, less of the minimal, etc

Now I never got to go to a party and I know Rik always plays shitloads of techno in the Qult radio shows but it seemed everyone else who "joined the Qult" were too similar to each other and it went stale :(
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby Tritta » 11 Aug 2015, 14:04

DjPractice:for me, Qult was meant to be a big range of genres but then after the success of particular subground tracks from Acti and co, all that Qult appeared to push and have at their parties was that type of track. Less of the techno, less of the hard dance around 140, less of the minimal, etc

Now I never got to go to a party and I know Rik always plays shitloads of techno in the Qult radio shows but it seemed everyone else who "joined the Qult" were too similar to each other and it went stale :(

I politely disagree. If you look at the line-ups of the QULT parties and stages, the diversity is quite strong. Of course the core is Subground but you got Techno (ex : Two Times Four), you got Trap and Electro House (Mightyfools, Dirtcaps), you got Hardstyle, Tekstyle (Lowriderz, Dr Phunk) and besides some, DJs played various music (the genres I listed + Dubstep, DNB, Geck-o sometimes even plays Hip-Hop and Pop).

I think the fact is that you focused on the productions and not on the sets :p

But of course in terms of productions I get what you mean and you are right.
Tritta
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 11 Aug 2015, 14:33

Tritta:
DjPractice:for me, Qult was meant to be a big range of genres but then after the success of particular subground tracks from Acti and co, all that Qult appeared to push and have at their parties was that type of track. Less of the techno, less of the hard dance around 140, less of the minimal, etc

I politely disagree. If you look at the line-ups of the QULT parties and stages, the diversity is quite strong. Of course the core is Subground but you got Techno (ex : Two Times Four), you got Trap and Electro House (Mightyfools, Dirtcaps), you got Hardstyle, Tekstyle (Lowriderz, Dr Phunk) and besides some, DJs played various music (the genres I listed + Dubstep, DNB, Geck-o sometimes even plays Hip-Hop and Pop).

I think the fact is that you focused on the productions and not on the sets :p

But of course in terms of productions I get what you mean and you are right.

this. I went to Qult XL last year and yes, majority is subground. But the sets are still really varied and there are other stages with pure techno, for example. Everyone got what he/she wanted. :)
What if who you essentially are right now, is all that you are ever going to be?
Emre (26)
State Retired Person

Postby NICK9656 » 11 Aug 2015, 17:04

Ben G:
NICK9656:If I understand Q-Dance correctly, it is the last Qult in the Westerunie... just read a comment by Q-Dance on instagram somewhere.

are you sure?

After reading through it seems to be that it's the end of QULT?

No I'm not sure and yes you're right. After reading through it, it seems to be the end of QULT. But I can't imagine that this is the end, I'm waiting for an "official statement".
NICK9656
State Celebrity

Postby DirtyTok » 11 Aug 2015, 17:15

I think Rik (Mr. Geck-O) can answer this here yes?
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (27)
State Hero

Postby DjPractice » 11 Aug 2015, 21:02

thanks Tritta and Emre :) as I said, I haven't followed the parties that much. I knew there was diversity but it didn't seem like the diversity was standing out enough, maybe???? Or it didn't make enough dollars :( :( :(

Diversity seems to be a dirty word in the music scenes these days :(
DjPractice
State Legend

Postby Bomberz » 12 Aug 2015, 01:17

Devoted followers of QULT,

With pride we retrospect to more than three years of musical experiments. A journey containing fifteen memorable editions at the WesterUnie and the Transformatorhuis, as well as various national and international festival hostings. Subground became our blueprint, grew into a movement to be taken seriously and a community emerged.

At our church, dedicated ravers gathered to embrace the new wave. We got the chance to get to know you, and we feel honored that we did. However, the time has come to close a chapter, the end of our very own Genesis. On the 26th of September, you’re all invited to join us for QULT – ’The Last Supper’ at the good old WesterUnie. This is where we will preach our final sermon.

The line-up of QULT – ‘The Last Supper’ is soon to be released, so keep a sharp eye on our socials.

Ticket sales start on Saturday the 8th of August at 13:00 (CEST) on joinqult.com/tickets.

We look forward to unite with you all for the very last time on the 26th of September at the WesterUnie.

Amen,
QULT

Unfortunately this is the end. I see that coming, there weren't parties in the latest months.
Bomberz (26)
Global Mod

Postby r.H. » 12 Aug 2015, 01:39

Q-Dance really ruined this concept. It was perfect as a club night at Westerunie with a mixture of Techno, Electro and Subground. But more and more Techno and Electro dissapeared and the focus went more and more to harddance. Imo that killed the uniquness of the concept. Subground is awesome, but the mixture of various styles is what QULT made awesome, just like the podcast by Geck-o is awesome.

But an underground club concept like QULT was and should be isn't interesting enough for Q-dance ($$$).
They killed In Qontrol and QORE 3.0 in the same way. Too underground, not enough profit.

Hope some other organization takes over and keeps the QULT vibes alive!
r.H. (30)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles