Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Showtek - The Colours Of The Harder Styles (Coone Kick Edit)

Discuss upcoming Hardstyle tracks without release info here

Postby SCH » 27 Jun 2013, 00:41

Why. can't. He. Play. The. Original?
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (28)
Producer

Postby timdawes » 27 Jun 2013, 00:51

bAsher:
icey:I know, let's get an awesome classic and put a shit kick on it which will 'update it'.... Simply no need.

Just play the FUCKIN Original mix

this! i never understood why they always make new kick edits which are usually a lot worse :\

because often a song doesn't fit in a current sounding set.
timdawes (35)
Admin

Postby bAsher » 27 Jun 2013, 01:13

that's true in most cases but i'd rather hear original instead of edit even if it doesn't fit at all
bAsher (27)
State Celebrity

Postby soepa » 27 Jun 2013, 01:16

this is just a total screw up of the original mix.
soepa (25)
State Celebrity

Location: Sweden (se) I live at home, my home is next to my neighbours house and my neighbours house is next to my house.

Postby Vicious » 27 Jun 2013, 01:16

Is that all it is? The mid intro with a dong? Cone pls.
Vicious
State Hero

Postby Vicious » 27 Jun 2013, 01:30

I just had a look at Coones tl for Dq and it says it's Colours (Zatox edit) /w Music is Art Vocals (lol). So this is just the Zatox edit or what?
Vicious
State Hero

Postby Digital Audio Tape » 27 Jun 2013, 08:12

icey:I know, let's get an awesome classic and put a shit kick on it which will 'update it'.... Simply no need.

Just play the FUCKIN Original mix

this a million times
F-Rank:Tbh, this is kinda pointless. It doesn't sound bad, but this doesn't make sense to me since it's so short.

Vicious:I just had a look at Coones tl for Dq and it says it's Colours (Zatox edit) /w Music is Art Vocals (lol). So this is just the Zatox edit or what?

it's not short guys, then there is a horrible Music Is Art vocals - and then the original melody with dem horrible kicks.
and as for you, Vicious, on a chat we thought that it was a Zatox Kick Edit, didn't really think of the possibility, that Coone would make his own edit, when there is a Zatox one already. nonetheless, it's a rape of the original
Brennan Heart:It's called hardstyle for good reason. It's hard and it's style

aw yiss! My new shiny facebook page!
Digital Audio Tape (31)
Crab

Postby NEKA » 27 Jun 2013, 12:45

Kick edit for simple reasons: mainstream crowd doesn't know what is an reverse bass, or have never heard of it... pretty much explains the current crowd of hardstyle and how producers respect reverse bass :(

Terrible edit.
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby RidiQless » 27 Jun 2013, 16:29

I think you are a bit overreacting...I don't like this
edit too...but saying that most of the people dont know a reverse bass is nonsense .. we might have more mainstream in hardstyle..but at defqon you could feel the energy going through the crowd when a reverse bass was dropped!
RidiQless (25)
State Celebrity

Postby icey » 27 Jun 2013, 21:51

RidiQless:but at defqon you could feel the energy going through the crowd when a reverse bass was dropped!

I see this a lot at gigs and raves. There is a massive difference in atmosphere(for the better) when reversed bass drops, there is no doubt about it. What's funny and quite crazy at the same time is watching the dance floors when the raw' kicks/pitched kicks are playing. It's like people don't know what to do? There is no energy on the floor or it doesn't seem like a 'rave'? Then a reversed bass kicks in, place goes wild. I see it all the time.

I've had a promoter of one of the biggest events in the UK tell me that raw' hardstyle kills the atmosphere on the dancefloors. It is a massive difference when reversed bass/gated kicks drop. The impact is night and day.

(Also I'm not saying there is no atmosphere at all on a dance floor when rawstyle plays, but with reverse it's 100% different for the better(imo) :)

* Sorry for slightly off-topic* :p
icey (32)
State Hero

Postby Lifterz » 27 Jun 2013, 22:41

icey:
RidiQless:but at defqon you could feel the energy going through the crowd when a reverse bass was dropped!

I see this a lot at gigs and raves. There is a massive difference in atmosphere(for the better) when reversed bass drops, there is no doubt about it. What's funny and quite crazy at the same time is watching the dance floors when the raw' kicks/pitched kicks are playing. It's like people don't know what to do? There is no energy on the floor or it doesn't seem like a 'rave'? Then a reversed bass kicks in, place goes wild. I see it all the time.

I've had a promoter of one of the biggest events in the UK tell me that raw' hardstyle kills the atmosphere on the dancefloors. It is a massive difference when reversed bass/gated kicks drop. The impact is night and day.

(Also I'm not saying there is no atmosphere at all on a dance floor when rawstyle plays, but with reverse it's 100% different for the better(imo) :)

* Sorry for slightly off-topic* :p

it kills dancefloors because of the dongs in my opinion. if your going to make harder or rawer hardstyle, than use gated kicks or reverse bass, that sh*** will blast the dancefloor! :naughty:
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby NEKA » 28 Jun 2013, 02:32

That's the point. Why did he make a kick edit then if everyone knows it doesn't work as well as the original?

What I meant by that mainstream crowd don't know reverse bass anymore, is that nowadays most fans are turning out to be those "sing-along-wildy-cheesy-climax" fans, who know maybe 1-2 hardstyle names who haven't listened anything before 2012-2013...

And I find it hilarious that I can't remember for example a HWS episode with an reverse bass in it... big producers/mainstream names have forgotten it completely, and they have made one of most known reverse basses... :( WHY DON'T THEY USE IT FFS ARGH (6) (6)
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby Orbi » 28 Jun 2013, 05:43

Nekasrof:And I find it hilarious that I can't remember for example a HWS episode with an reverse bass in it... big producers/mainstream names have forgotten it completely, and they have made one of most known reverse basses... :( WHY DON'T THEY USE IT FFS ARGH (6) (6)

Last episode. A-Lusion - Make Up Your Mind had a reverse bass intro didn't it? Looking at the TL the month before had Prophet - R3tro. Month before that had Speedwave - Zhangar (Builder Remix). Joy Kitikonti - Joyenergizer (S Dee 2013 Edit) was in episode 19. Those are just the ones I remember having a revbass in them.
Orbi
State Native

Postby th3r3zo » 28 Jun 2013, 07:52

no again :facepalm: are you kidding me coone?
th3r3zo
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles