Postby kolpex091 » 01 Oct 2018, 23:34

kolpex091
State Outsider

Postby Emre » 02 Oct 2018, 21:50

That first kick is fucking shit. Second kick classic Regain bombs :naughty:
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby propells » 05 Oct 2018, 13:53

Emre:That first kick is fucking shit. Second kick classic Regain bombs :naughty:

Disagree! Pretty much all of Regains "different" kicks sound really fucking gr8 live
I think we all know the answer.. Explosions!
propells (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 05 Oct 2018, 13:58

Not really different, shitloads of acts using these pingpong kicks the past while. Just like with psy kicks/SZP. They were one of the first to use it in Hardstyle, it was fun, but the 273th act that does it, isn't fun anymore.

I wish those experimentation 'phases' in Hardstyle lasted 2-3 months max instead of New hype -> milk it for year(s). Would be better if it goes like Psy hype late 2016/early 2017 -> mid 2017. New hype. Till max early 2018. New hype. That keeps it fresh. Now the hypes take too long, from months to sometimes years till someone comes up with a new idea. I need to be 'triggered' by new things, the 273th track in the style of a current hype will always be a whack, second-place version of the first few tracks that were made in that style.

/rant lol
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby propells » 05 Oct 2018, 14:01

Emre:Not really different, shitloads of acts using these pingpong kicks the past while. Just like with psy kicks/SZP. They were one of the first to use it in Hardstyle, it was fun, but the 273th act that does it, isn't fun anymore.

I wish those experimentation 'phases' in Hardstyle lasted 2-3 months max instead of New hype -> milk it for year(s).

Hmm, each to their own right :D Sounds huge live tho, even if it's the 273th act that does it
I think we all know the answer.. Explosions!
propells (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Amperial » 05 Oct 2018, 14:22

Emre:Not really different, shitloads of acts using these pingpong kicks the past while. Just like with psy kicks/SZP. They were one of the first to use it in Hardstyle, it was fun, but the 273th act that does it, isn't fun anymore.

I wish those experimentation 'phases' in Hardstyle lasted 2-3 months max instead of New hype -> milk it for year(s). Would be better if it goes like Psy hype late 2016/early 2017 -> mid 2017. New hype. Till max early 2018. New hype. That keeps it fresh. Now the hypes take too long, from months to sometimes years till someone comes up with a new idea. I need to be 'triggered' by new things, the 273th track in the style of a current hype will always be a whack, second-place version of the first few tracks that were made in that style.

/rant lol

Honestly, kickrolls (kickroll hype) can stay forever. But there are a shit ton of people who are not feeling them.
I also don't think ping pong kicks won't just die out for a new hype.

Everything will just add up new elements to 'xtra raw'.

Copy paste producers are annoying though. I just miss more producers who have their own style and concept.
Amperial
State Native

Postby robinjo » 05 Oct 2018, 18:02

Experimenting will always be part of every music style. The fact that some people categorise this(in the track above) as pingpong instead of knowing that this is more an 'oldschool hardcore' kick says a lot about their knowledge imo. :rofl:
robinjo
State Senior Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 05 Oct 2018, 22:56

I would say that the psy kicks (for lack of a better name) are no longer a hype but a legitimate tool to use in Hardstyle. It's similar to when producers were putting a reverse bass kick at the beginning of their tracks.
OT Regain is only bettered by Delete when it comes to making that xtra raw? industrial raw? kind of style.
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 06 Oct 2018, 00:48

robinjo:Experimenting will always be part of every music style. The fact that some people categorise this(in the track above) as pingpong instead of knowing that this is more an 'oldschool hardcore' kick says a lot about their knowledge imo. :rofl:

this x 2 _O_ _O_ _O_
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles