Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Tutorial wishlist! (for tutorial writers and readers alike)

For all Hardstyle tutorials regarding DJ'ing and Producing

Postby VOL-E » 17 Jan 2013, 19:08

Yes I have compression on vocals, but they have a little bit that white noise on the back, so was wondering if there is some tut to help removing them...
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Postby hsdjmatt » 18 Jan 2013, 08:03

Try using a gate effect
hsdjmatt
State Citizen

Postby The Bleacher » 20 Jan 2013, 19:13

well I had this idea about trying to produce some frenchcore tracks but I don't really have any idea how to create the right sound samples, after some searching on the forums I didn't found any thing directly related to this topc.

so If its possible I wan't te request a Frenchcore basics and if possible advanced toturial

The Bleacher
(I'm addicted to listening to frenchcore, but what I've tried yet sounded like cheap hardcore..)
Jarno Van den Bergh aka The Bleacher
Scammer, see the-bleacher-the-upcoming-talent-t25397.htm and post329328.html#p329328
[/admin edit]
The Bleacher (27)
Scammer

Postby R3cl41m3r » 21 Jan 2013, 06:58

The Bleacher:well I had this idea about trying to produce some frenchcore tracks but I don't really have any idea how to create the right sound samples, after some searching on the forums I didn't found any thing directly related to this topc.

so If its possible I wan't te request a Frenchcore basics and if possible advanced toturial

The Bleacher
(I'm addicted to listening to frenchcore, but what I've tried yet sounded like cheap hardcore..)

I was just trying to attempt the same thing yesterday. Maybe learning how to make Early Hardstyle kicks could give you a good start.....
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Postby overstrike » 30 Jan 2013, 00:36

A decent Raw Kick Tutorial.

Yes, I know YT and the interwebz overall has some tutorials but overall they aren't that raw.

What I'm looking for is a tutorial for a kick like: B-Front/Frequencerz/Digital Punk. The real nasty shit.
overstrike
State Newcomer

Postby R3cl41m3r » 30 Jan 2013, 07:45

overstrike:A decent Raw Kick Tutorial.

Yes, I know YT and the interwebz overall has some tutorials but overall they aren't that raw.

What I'm looking for is a tutorial for a kick like: B-Front/Frequencerz/Digital Punk. The real nasty shit.

Well, you could aim for lower frequencies, or add some Hardcore influences.
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Postby Zero Chance » 30 Jan 2013, 09:14

A Drum 'n, Bass Tutorial and how to make good sounding drums and some funky basslines :)
Zero Chance
State Native

Postby D-Verze » 30 Jan 2013, 11:38

VOL-E:Yes I have compression on vocals, but they have a little bit that white noise on the back, so was wondering if there is some tut to help removing them...

try a gate effect first, this one adds dynamics thus should help you get rid of low levelled white noise ;) then export, and eq/compress :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (26)
Producer

Postby TSHmusic » 01 Feb 2013, 15:48

Are there any good tutorials on hardcore kicks?
TSHmusic
State Newcomer

Postby ljk32 » 01 Feb 2013, 15:58

TSHmusic:Are there any good tutorials on hardcore kicks?

But please don't think you need to use everything he's used to make them. Do your own thing, use that as a guideline.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Xenophase » 01 Feb 2013, 16:35

Could someone actually make a half decent Melody tutorial ? Some of the tuts on here don't explain the fundamentals and theory behind making melody like scales and chord progression. Took me over a month to find out what chord progression was :'( (BTW No hate to the people who already made a tut about melodies, they do help but aren't good enough to understand everything about a melody tbh)
Xenophase (21)
State Citizen

Postby ljk32 » 01 Feb 2013, 16:40

Xenophaze:Could someone actually make a half decent Melody tutorial ? Some of the tuts on here don't explain the fundamentals and theory behind making melody like scales and chord progression. Took me over a month to find out what chord progression was :'( (BTW No hate to the people who already made a tut about melodies, they do help but aren't good enough to understand everything about a melody tbh)

It's not that simple mate, it can't be taught through a short video tutorial. If you wanna learn theory and apply it to your stuff, it's gonna take a hell of a lot of reading and practicing - something that you can't learn over a simple video. There are thousands of tutorials on theory, and that applies to any form of music, so you wouldn't need a Hardstyle-specific one.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Jonas » 01 Feb 2013, 16:42

True, I mean it's even taught in schools and such... :)
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (22)
State Hero

Postby Xenophase » 01 Feb 2013, 16:52

Yeah I guess so but its just so hard trying to find a website from searching Google or forum that actually explains this stuff and my school is shit when it comes to teaching music (6)
Xenophase (21)
State Citizen

Postby ljk32 » 01 Feb 2013, 16:54

Really? Dude, type in music theory lessons in Google and tell me you don't get results.

EDIT: Like, this surely covers everything? http://www.musictheory.net/lessons
And that's assuming you don't get tired of reading the entire thing.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles