(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (28)
State Celebrity

Postby IV » 29 Mar 2011, 22:54

jesus... who makes an hour long video?
IV (28)
State Tourist

Postby andytf » 29 Mar 2011, 22:58

IV:jesus... who makes an hour long video?

ppl that actually doesn't build hardstyle tracks... :roll:

:rofl:

... Ok, seriously now, and without trying to offend somebody (as usual), I think that is somehow lameness:

Isn't really an cake recepy to make "hardstyle tracks". The main problem on this "producers" today, is that like Brennan Heart said "they call themself producers", and in fact, they aren't. Is just some kids throwing loops on FL Studio or any other DAW and calling it "track". Build an track "structurally" is pretty easy if you have an good taste. Making this structure sound good, is an whole new novel.

Be producers... ;]
andytf (33)
Producer

Postby surfino » 30 Mar 2011, 10:53

i totally agree with andytf,
the best tutorial, if you don't want to read books on the basis of song constructions, imho is loading an already done by others (famous) track straight in the timeline (tempo matched) and study it.
Learn how to build up, when snares enter, when it breaks etc. etc.
Also basically avoid those "how to make this sound" because even if you'll reach the sound anyways you'll end up moving knobs/faders without even know the reason.. Another thing to avoid (IMHO) is using a zillion plugins because ohmicide is used by hhz, decapitator is used by tatanka, tridirt by another one etc. etc.
A famous italian hs guy uses mainly largo,s1 and tone2 synth for all the synths and universal audio plus a pair of other effects..
that's imho
probably started before you were born
surfino (43)
State Citizen

Postby thesh3ll » 30 Mar 2011, 11:58

i just do what comes in my mind, i don't follow any structures/rules, works for me i dunno :P
thesh3ll (29)
Producer

Postby The Hown » 30 Mar 2011, 12:04

glad I didnt watch if fully, the final result isnt that cool
just listen to other tracks helps the most imo (REALLY listen)
The Hown (30)
State Native

Postby Paulistos » 30 Mar 2011, 13:29

hm I´m really thinking about inventing a fully automatic track building machine, put andytf inside & just say what I want to have @ the end... than push the button & trääärääää --> track with some däng däng is done... :)
Paulistos (39)
Producer

Postby andytf » 30 Mar 2011, 15:59

Paulistos:hm I´m really thinking about inventing a fully automatic track building machine, put andytf inside & just say what I want to have @ the end... than push the button & trääärääää --> track with some däng däng is done... :)

That's slavery dude. Forbidden on modern world. :+
andytf (33)
Producer

Postby Vioda » 30 Mar 2011, 16:33

andytf:
Paulistos:hm I´m really thinking about inventing a fully automatic track building machine, put andytf inside & just say what I want to have @ the end... than push the button & trääärääää --> track with some däng däng is done... :)

That's slavery dude. Forbidden on modern world. :+

Even in Brasil ? :pacman:
Vioda (34)
Producer

Postby andytf » 30 Mar 2011, 18:29

Specially in Brazil... :+
andytf (33)
Producer

Postby malicious_kode » 31 Mar 2011, 04:10

IV:jesus... who makes an hour long video?

It's very generous of him though. After all, it's not like the guy has to do it, or has much to gain from it.

I've seen a lot of posts on here recently asking about track structure, so I'm sure there are some people who will find this useful.

surfino:Also basically avoid those "how to make this sound" because even if you'll reach the sound anyways you'll end up moving knobs/faders without even know the reason..

Agree with this. There are so many tutorials called something like "Hardstyle Kick in FL tutorial" where all you see for 7 mins is some guy chaining up plug-ins and turning knobs without any explanation as to the reasons behind any of it, or outlining what the result should be. They might as well just upload the preset and save time because in the end, all you end up with is the directions to make one sound.

Aliner:i just do what comes in my mind, i don't follow any structures/rules, works for me i dunno :P

Hardstyle needs more of this type of attitude. Too many tracks follow the same structure. It's not necessarily so bad, but it would be cool to hear tracks with many different and unpredictable structures. I admit I'm guilty of this though when approaching new projects, but I'd like to be able to do things differently when (if?) my skills improve.

andytf:That's slavery dude. Forbidden on modern world. :+

Someone should tell my boss that. :fist:
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles