Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Fusion Labs - Season 01 Episode 05

For all Hardstyle tutorials regarding DJ'ing and Producing

Postby Double-T » 19 May 2011, 19:25

Burning heart, tear me apart, raising me up, up to the orange sun.
Double-T (26)
Baguette Baguette!

Postby Q-Rater » 20 May 2011, 06:23

Wow...I want my 1 min back
Q-Rater (24)
State Native

Postby ljk32 » 20 May 2011, 12:19

Q-Rater:Wow...I want my 1 min back

+1, such a waste of time.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Shepherd » 20 May 2011, 16:25

Q-Rater:Wow...I want my 1 min back

+2
Shepherd (25)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Subject Zero » 20 May 2011, 16:33

It took them how long to make this?
Subject Zero (27)
State Hero

Postby MarlboroMan » 20 May 2011, 17:20

What is your problem, I mean they make something nice for their fans and you complain? o_O
It is actually pretty nice from Fusion doing these things. ;)
MarlboroMan (27)
Global Mod

Postby IV » 20 May 2011, 17:31

MarlboroMan:What is your problem, I mean they make something nice for their fans and you complain? o_O

True, but if you're going to do something in life, do it well. This was not done well :(
IV (28)
State Tourist

Postby Subject Zero » 20 May 2011, 19:17

MarlboroMan:What is your problem, I mean they make something nice for their fans and you complain? o_O

Some of the previous ones were like 5 or 7 minutes long, with a good explanation of how to do things. Its taken them like 2 months to come up with a minute long video which barely explains anything?
Subject Zero (27)
State Hero

Postby DAP » 20 May 2011, 21:05

He said one thing very important to me... distort that screech...
Gustavo Sales, 14 years old, Fortaleza, Ceará, Brasil.
DAP (23)
State Citizen

Postby malicious_kode » 20 May 2011, 22:01

Agree. It's not as though they're under any obligation to tell anyone anything. On top of that, they're probably pretty busy with stuff like, oh... i dunno... say, being Donkey Rollers or working on label-related matters. A minute of Pollens time is more valuable than an hours worth of watching screen recordings of noobs fucking about almost randomly (and with no explanation) in YouTube "tutorials" which serve little purpose other than to promote the services of Team Arcade.

Sure, I didn't learn anything from this that I didn't already know, but so what? I'm still happy to watch because I value being able to hear the best in the business discussing production and appreciate the effort they've made to do it.

And anyway, at least this episode won't lead to an outbreak of "OMG um, how do I 909 kick with Drumazon?" bullshit like the last one did. But I'd speculate that the next episode will continue on the topic of screeches, leading to page after page of "What software synth is most like Virus?" (Translation- "I need to copy the exact settings from the video. Are there any warez I can use to save me the trouble of spending thousands of dollars on cumbersome hardware?")
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby ljk32 » 21 May 2011, 01:59

Malicious, I do agree with you, but I also can't stand how hardstyle producers are so secretive. I understand that people want their own unique sounds, but there is generally no help given when it comes to making anything, whether it be screeches, leads, kicks, etc. People should be able to simply find help instead of trying to force information out of people. I am not saying that the experienced producers should tell people exactly how they do it, but it would be good for them to explain why and how they did it. Obviously this doesn't refer to everyone(some people make very good tutorials), so don't think I am directing this at everybody. And once again I understand from both sides of this discussion, because it is really hard to just give away a sound that you took so long to create, but it is also hard to create a sound with nothing to push you in the right direction(whilst being original and not simply copying people's works). People would learn so much faster if information was shared around. Anyways, that is just my point of view, I'm not really saying either side is wrong, and I'm not trying to start an argument...
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby quincentopolis » 21 May 2011, 03:30

Thats called not having inspiration.... you just want to copy what others have done. How do you expect any music genre to evolve and grow if you don't create your own sound? You cant just yell at good guitar players and say "Why won't you teach me?!?!?!?" why do expect it to be any different with any other form of music?
quincentopolis
State Newcomer

Postby ljk32 » 21 May 2011, 04:39

Are you stupid? Did you not see what I wrote?
I do not want to copy people's work at all. In fact, I would rather know how and why the steps were taken, instead of just being given an amazing kick. So learn to read before you judge me. I hate being given things, I like to learn.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby quincentopolis » 21 May 2011, 05:20

You're a bottom feeder. You have no desire to be creative. You cant even understand what you've said, and whats wrong with it. I'm done trying to help you. Goodbye. I'm going to pretend you don't exist. ;D
quincentopolis
State Newcomer

Postby ljk32 » 21 May 2011, 05:39

Wow, great way to sort out problems, how immature can you get? And who said I wasn't creative? I like your ability to put words in my mouth. Lastly, since when have you tried to help me?
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles