Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Headphones

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby ljk32 » 02 Apr 2011, 10:16

Ok, I have a little problem. I definitely know that monitors are better than headphones and you cannot mixdown/master on headphones for many reasons. But my family is getting really angry at the noise I am creating so I think I may have to use headphones. Is there anyway I can get fairly close to a flat sounding set of headphones which will sound roughly the same on all speakers, such as the car, computer speakers, etc. Could you recommend the best ones I can get. Because I don't really want to make an entire song and then have to change it because it only sounds good on the headphones. Could you please only reply if you are experienced, not just because you think certain headphones are good.

Thanks in advance.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Mystral » 03 Apr 2011, 23:04

Sorry ljk32 but I don't respond to your problem.

I juste take the opportunity of this topic to ask if vous have some headphones to advise me.
(Maximum price 150€)

And I would like to ask too if the KRK RP5 G2 are good ?

Thanks
Label manager @ Invaders Records.
Mystral (27)
State Citizen

Postby rigz » 04 Apr 2011, 11:39

It sound cliché, but the Beats By dre are realy cool & effective. I have the solo Hd, and it's a must have.I think it's 100% perfect ( for a headphone of course ) for the bass frequence, but not 100% perfect for the mid/high. Anyway, better than a lot of other headphone for the same price ( i buy it 170€ )
rigz
State Senior Citizen

Postby Mystral » 04 Apr 2011, 15:47

Yeah but Beats By Dre are not made for studio ?

(I forgot to precise that in my precedent post, I search a headphone for the studio)
Label manager @ Invaders Records.
Mystral (27)
State Citizen

Postby rigz » 09 Apr 2011, 18:16

Basicly it is. There is 2 version, the solo one ( that i have ), and the studio one. It pretend to be professional for studio use ( both ).
rigz
State Senior Citizen

Postby Subject Zero » 09 Apr 2011, 18:58

Beats By Dre :rofl:

You may aswell just buy headphones for like £100 and just throw away the other £150. They are made for people who want to listen to music on overpriced headphones that shouldnt cost anything near that amount
Subject Zero (28)
State Hero

Postby ljk32 » 10 Apr 2011, 01:41

StuartC:Beats By Dre :rofl:

You may aswell just buy headphones for like £100 and just throw away the other £150. They are made for people who want to listen to music on overpriced headphones that shouldnt cost anything near that amount

+1

It's saddening seeing so many people get sucked into buying them, I try to tell people not to, but the think " They look good and they say good quality so they must be good", then they buy it. :(
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Stereowasterz » 31 May 2011, 03:50

rigz:It sound cliché, but the Beats By dre are realy cool & effective. I have the solo Hd, and it's a must have.I think it's 100% perfect ( for a headphone of course ) for the bass frequence, but not 100% perfect for the mid/high. Anyway, better than a lot of other headphone for the same price ( i buy it 170€ )

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

M-Audio Q40s are brilliant cans, well worth the price.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_au/S ... leQ40.html
Stereowasterz
State Newcomer

Postby zanshi » 04 Jun 2011, 03:18

AKG. and JUST akg. :3

Studio: K-240, K-121, K-271
DJ: 181DJ
Reference: K-702, K-701 (Q-701), K-601

my personal advice would be the K-121, they do a SWEET job for 80€
or if you really want to spend some more money: the K-271 for about 140€
i got a pair if 181's and i'm saving on a pair of 701's atm (:
the cables can be a bit bitchy but the sound is crrrrrryystallll clear.
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (28)
State Hero

Postby Almanac » 04 Jun 2011, 06:50

I have two sets of headphones:

Sennheiser HD280's are a very affordable DJing headphone. They are very durable, have great quality, and are just the best.

For general music listening, I use Denon AH-D1001S. They are really fantastic headphones with a great frequency response. Denon is a very reputable brand for me, and you should surely have a look at them.

Everything sounds different on every speaker - that's a fact. You can still produce the track and lay everything out and do the majority of the EQing with headphones, and then while the family is gone, fix it up on monitors. Then check it on the headphones to make sure it still sounds good :)

However, if you're gonna be spending hours producing, you should be worried about hearing loss if you're gonna use headphones. Be sure to have them QUIET! (When I listen to music in general, on my mp3 player or such, I listen to it at a very low volume, enough to talk to people around me even though I still have a pair of cans on my head :p .) Just be careful about that. :)
Almanac
State Celebrity

Postby ljk32 » 04 Jun 2011, 07:08

Omg finally, somebody that is not a retard. There are so many people that play music on their heaphones at 100% and they think they're so cool. I tell them that they will be deaf by the age of 20 but they don't seem to care. Once it happens to them, then I'm gonna say sucked in to them(which they probably won't even hear, considering how deaf they will be). I get called a loser and a bitch because I listen to music at a low volume. They're such idiots. Anyways, this post was a while ago, I have studio monitors now(krk rpg6 g2). Now I have no excuses, I'm just hoping that I improve(I'm still shit at producing :'( )
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles