Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Equipment - What all is needed in a Beginner Studio ?

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Fuhron » 21 Dec 2011, 23:17

Hey guys , Fuhron here.

Since 1 year I'm into audio editing / producing things... by now only with my PC and FL Studio ...

Now it's time to buy "studio equipment" .. i'm not talking about a 30.000 $ Equipment like Headhunterz & Co.

I'm talking about a very basic , Beginner studio !

WHat is REAAALLLYYY needed at very first ?

Are there any tips about certain basic things , like.. at very first an Midi-Keyboard .. a Hardware Synth ... or maybe a 2. Screen at first ? I really have no clue about these things :)

So I'm searching for good quality/price things !! So I can buy it with a good acceptable price and quality for beginners :D

Fuhron
Looking for collabs :)
Fuhron (26)
State Citizen

Postby Lifterz » 21 Dec 2011, 23:22

So What You Need Is: a midi keyboard controller(if you play on it), 2 speakers with subwoofer, 2 screens if you like(uneccesery), sound card, i have an M-AUDIO KeyRig 49 and M-AUDIO Soundcard, Fl Studio, And Logitech Speakers with subwoofer, all that stuff didnt cost alot, with the soundcard you can record guitar, and vocals. i dont know what equipment you should begin with but speaker with sub will help you hear the sound deep and nice.
Last edited by Lifterz on 21 Dec 2011, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby VOL-E » 21 Dec 2011, 23:28

Logitech Speakers with subwoofer

Had them to, but they are for gaming/movie watching only, for hardstyle they are usefull, because they give f*cking bass which shouldn't sound like that... so that's your number one problem in all your kicks :D
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Postby Lifterz » 21 Dec 2011, 23:32

VOL-E:

Had them to, but they are for gaming/movie watching only, for hardstyle they are usefull, because they give f*cking bass which shouldn't sound like that... so that's your number one problem in all your kicks :D

lol so how i should hear my bass? with 2 speakers on my laptop with no bass at all :) ;)
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby VOL-E » 21 Dec 2011, 23:34

Lifterz:
VOL-E:

lol so how i should hear my bass? with 2 speakers on my laptop with no bass at all :) ;)

Change speakers or buy some good headphones :p
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Postby SCH » 22 Dec 2011, 00:31

Lifterz:
VOL-E:

Studio monitors?
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (27)
Producer

Postby Fuhron » 22 Dec 2011, 00:38

I have a keyboard..but without midi..so what i play on it , i have to "click in" in FL Studio :D SO i thought about a midi-keyboard... SOundcard.. i have Creative X-fi TItanium ... plugged into it a Stereo Amplifier .. Yamaha AX-497 , with 2 big speaker ! .. so no gaming/ ect. speakers :) I think they have a nice deep sound, that's not my problem !

I more thought about..like ... Hardware... maybe a Hardware Synth an things like that ! Things which are essential for producing and which should not be forgotten for any reason !
Fuhron (26)
State Citizen

Postby Lifterz » 22 Dec 2011, 00:42

SCH:
Lifterz:
VOL-E:

Studio monitors?

do you know an good monitors for good price?
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby Fuhron » 22 Dec 2011, 00:45

I often hear really good things about the KRK RP Rokit's :)

http://www.elevator.de/krk-rp-6-g2-rokit.html

Sorry for german link :)
Fuhron (26)
State Citizen

Postby Lifterz » 22 Dec 2011, 00:49

Fuhron:I often hear really good things about the KRK RP Rokit's :)

http://www.elevator.de/krk-rp-6-g2-rokit.html

Sorry for german link :)

Thanks that what i need :) just need to save money for it
now back on your topic

try virus synths http://virus.info/page/render/lang/en/p ... izers.html
Last edited by Lifterz on 22 Dec 2011, 01:08, edited 4 times in total.
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby Fuhron » 22 Dec 2011, 00:52

No problem :) But i really don't know about bass-performance of studio monitors..or if you need a sub too... don't know about these things !

THat's the reason,why i made this thread !! :) So back to topic ;)

Anybody got an idea,what to start off with ? What is really essential ? :D
Fuhron (26)
State Citizen

Postby The Void » 22 Dec 2011, 02:27

Main thing to do is to make sure your computer will be able to handle the processes. So make sure that the processor is capable of handling large amounts. Then I would advise a soundcard, Lexicon and M-Audio soundcards are good. I would also get monitor headphones or Active Studio Monitors. Also get a midi keyboard but they are not essential as I don't use mine very often. Two screens is not needed either but if you want two then it can be easier to mange he workspace on the DAW. I would hold off gettin a hardware synthesizer for a while because they are generally very expensive. The DAW which is good for most beginners is FL Studio. The DAW is simple to use and here are lots of tutorials on YouTube. Hope that helps you a bit :)
The Void (23)
Producer

Postby Fuhron » 22 Dec 2011, 14:57

@ The Void : Thank a lot ! But by now i have all you said :) I have a good computer , yes ! Processor : Intel Core Quad Q 9400 :) and Soundcard Creative X-FI Titanium ;) SPeakers aren't the problem ! It's more about thinks like Synth's .. Midi Keyboard..AUdio Interface..and things like that !! The more advanced Producing things :)

I'm in FL Studio already :)

Like i said.. it's more about the real producing stuff , less the basics , as i see , i have done the basics .. with soundcard,pc and speakers , and of course the DAW !
Fuhron (26)
State Citizen

Postby H3RO » 26 Dec 2011, 03:32

I guarantee you need studio monitors. I goolged you're yamaha thing and it's completely irrelevant. So, like many people have said but you've chosen to ignore, buy a set of studio monitors or a nice pair of studio headphones. And then, before you buy hardware synths, which you really don't need, try and get a track signed. The gear doesn't make the producer. I bet you any money that Headhunterz or Brennan Heart didn't learn how to produce with Virus synths and such. They made the best of what they had. And I'm politely asking you to really listen to what everyone else has said, because they are right. You need studio monitors. And if you've only been producing a year, you are absolutely nowhere near done with the basics. The fact that you say you are is proof that you're not. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking.
H3RO
State Newcomer

Postby Binox » 26 Dec 2011, 13:05

All you REALLY need, is a computer that handles your DAW without lagg, a good audiocard, and reliable speakers / headphones. The rest is optional or BS.
Binox (25)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles