(You can't hide all the genres)

Tech News & Rumours

Talk about PC's, games, gadgets, etc.

Postby Freddy » 09 May 2022, 15:38

Just Tech News & Rumours :)
Freddy
State Hero

Postby Morbid_Angel » 12 May 2022, 18:40

For those on Win 11, maybe hold off on installing the latest update.

https://www.techradar.com/news/even-microsoft-thinks-you-should-uninstall-the-latest-windows-11-update
Maybe if you wrote some music you wouldn't need 6 kick drums!
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 13 May 2022, 07:44

What the hell are they doing over at Microsoft? Ever since 10 their updates have grown more and more unstable.
Reverse Ghost (29)
State Legend

Postby Morbid_Angel » 29 May 2022, 22:14

Rumoured specs from the coming 4000-series Nvidia GPUs.

If those 4070 numbers hold up, I'm doing everything I can to get my hands on one. :O
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 21 Jul 2022, 16:06

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-4090-graphics-card-almost-twice-as-fast-as-rtx-3090-in-3dmark-time-spy-extreme-benchmark-alleges-rumor/

So the article link says it pretty well, the upcoming RTX 4090 will allegedly be about twice as powerful as a 3090. That's insane! I can't imagine the power draw this beast'll have, but I'm guessing a 1000W PSU will probably be close to minimum requirements to run an FE model.

and that 19000 score is apparently the leaker being conservative. Fucking hell..
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 25 Jul 2022, 21:36

Rumoured specs of the next TITAN-class card from Nvidia. LOOK AT THAT POWERDRAW! :rofl:
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 16 Sep 2022, 23:09

Effective immediately, EVGA terminates NVIDIA partnership, citing disrespectful treatment

Seems absolutely fucked and with some super weird timing seeing as the new cards are mere months from launching, but going through the video, the root of the issue seems to be Nvidia is hard and exhausting to work with, and EVGA's owner and CEO, Andrew Han, is in his early 60's and wants to spend more time with his family.

There are a host of other issues but that's the main one I got from Steve's (Gamers Nexus') reporting.

With that said, seems to me that the new AIB king on the Nvidia side will be ASUS going forward. Expect the ROG STRIX cards to get a slight bump in prices, beyond what we could've expected.
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Morbid_Angel » 20 Sep 2022, 19:52

So uh.. the MSRP for the new 40-series is looking.. "interesting".
https://twitter.com/hardwarecanucks/status/1572245074016178176

RTX 4090 costs 1599 USD
RTX 4080 16GB costs 1199 USD
RTX 4080 12GB costs 899 USD

So yeah, scalper pricing without the demand to back it up.

Furthermore, the 12 gig 4080 is literally a rebranded 4070 (leaks have shown as much - it's the only way they could "justify" that price on it.
Early projections on European prices puts the 4090 at a whopping €1979. Absolutely insane!
EU release date is set to 10th October.
(found some more prices: GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB: €1469
GeForce RTX 4080 12 GB: €1.099
)

Also, from the Geforce reveal, thing; DLSS 3.0 will be exclusive to 40-series cards.

Meanwhile, AMD has revealed that their next line of GPUs, the RDNA3 lineup aka 7000-series, will launch on the 3rd of November.

Honestly, AMD has a golden opportunity here. If they can keep up with 40-series AND temper their prices, they could get that long sought after power shift, and move mountains of cards, potentially even becoming the defacto kings of the market. (I know, it's a massive long shot, but I can't think that people will stomach these prices form Nvidia)
Last edited by Morbid_Angel on 20 Sep 2022, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby VOL-E » 20 Sep 2022, 19:54

Also, from the Geforce reveal, thing; DLSS 3.0 will be exclusive to 40-series cards.

i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (33)
Crab

Postby Morbid_Angel » 22 Sep 2022, 20:34

More good news from Nvidia's 4000-series announcement. Apparently none of the new cards will be made with Display Port 2.0, instead opting for DP 1.4.

Also, I wrote that the 4080 12 GB version was basically a 4070, but no one would pay $900 for a -70 card, so they called it an 80. Turns out, if we go off just the memory bus width, it's actually 4060 (Ti) since the -60 version of of their GPUs have been using 192 bit memory bus since way back on their GTX 600-series.

Personally speaking, looking at these stories from the launch and all that junk, I'm personally leaning heavily towards going AMD, IF I choose to upgrade with the coming cards.
I have a ROG STRIX 3060 Ti, (R7 5800X CPU) so it's not hyper critical that I get a new card, though I do feel it does struggle in 1440p on ultra in some newer titles. (As an example, I hit an average around ~85 FPS on Ultra in Assassins Creed Origins)

If AMD's new cards are also horrifically specced and priced, I might just get a 3080 Ti, or a 3090, with how their prices are going down.
Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby Rocko » 22 Sep 2022, 20:53

I'll buy a 3xxx from sale ty vm.
Rocko
Global Mod

Postby Morbid_Angel » Yesterday, 18:16

I'm sure some of you already know this, but for those who don't, Google is killing off their Manifest v2 in Chrome meaning that from January 2023, adblockers running on Manifest V2's API, won't work any more. That means by 2023 you'll start seeing a fuckton more ads, unless you switch to another browser that ISN'TChromium based, and that basically means switching to Firefox.
I've been using Chrome more or less exclusively since it launched to the broad audience, and with an adblocker for at least 10 years now. I'll be damned if I go back and suffer the hellish ad-infested browsing of before, so I'm making the switch and luckily all my bookmarks and passwords are easily transferable. Only "hassle" is finding the browser extensions, but that shouldn't take long either.
Now, I don't care what people use as a browser, but I do want to share information - especially when it pertains to the general user experience.

Here's a video that explains some of it in a basic way. (It also tells you what alternatives you have as a non power user)

Morbid_Angel (38)
State Celebrity

Postby VOL-E » 25 minutes ago

Google closes Stadia on 18 January 2023.

https://blog.google/products/stadia/message-on-stadia-streaming-strategy/

Well.. we lost future gaming :+
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (33)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles