Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Little HC release facts and gossips topic

Postby Shodan » 31 Jul 2022, 01:36

He's the copyright holder, he can decide if every copy/sample on the internet gets taken down, even free ones, its not about good or bad, its just what it is lol
The greater the LIGHT, the bigger the SHADOW
Shodan (23)
State Celebrity

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 31 Jul 2022, 11:20

Emre:
lilfrenchidiot:https://www.instagram.com/p/CgnBMlrjSAb/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The comments piss me off so much but I’m glad I know that half the Uptempo scene will defend this piece of shit

I'm not a fan of his personality, but since when is it suddenly a bad thing to sample artists for FREE releases? This happens all the time in hardstyle.

Original artist doesn't approve = no official remix

No official remix = free release it

Which he did..? So I don't get the whole point here.

Not crediting was the issue I guess
lilfrenchidiot (26)
State Hero

Postby Emre » 31 Jul 2022, 16:26

Alright, crediting, which barely anyone does with bootlegs these days anyways ..

It literally happens all the time these days that artists make a bootleg, and do this:

Instead of:

Artist A - Song (Artist B Remix)
Artist B just calls it
Artist B - Song.

Or use Ran-D Zombie as an example (I know he got an official remix) but then a lot of artists just do what Ran-D did without permission and hope the original artists won't notice it. I repeat, I'm not a fan of his personality but I'm not jumping on the TDH = bad bandwagon if this happens 24/7 in hardstyle and he only get called out because of the other things he's done in real life.
Emre (28)
Global Mod

Postby Shodan » 10 Sep 2022, 03:06

an Ophidian masterclass has been published _O_
https://harderclass.com/programs/ophidian-masterclass
The greater the LIGHT, the bigger the SHADOW
Shodan (23)
State Celebrity

Postby freddy g » 10 Sep 2022, 09:05

Emre:Alright, crediting, which barely anyone does with bootlegs these days anyways ..

It literally happens all the time these days that artists make a bootleg, and do this:

Instead of:

Artist A - Song (Artist B Remix)
Artist B just calls it
Artist B - Song.

Or use Ran-D Zombie as an example (I know he got an official remix) but then a lot of artists just do what Ran-D did without permission and hope the original artists won't notice it. I repeat, I'm not a fan of his personality but I'm not jumping on the TDH = bad bandwagon if this happens 24/7 in hardstyle and he only get called out because of the other things he's done in real life.

yeah, it's crazy how tribal these things become. taking a side and getting abusive at anyone with a different opinion. its a bit of a non-issue imo, I don't care about the bootleg, not like he was making any money from it, I could maybe understand the credit thing if it wasn't such a well-known iconic tune to begin with but I'm sure most people who hear it would know its from a Marc acardipane tune (I had never even heard of the dark horror before reading this :rofl:).

but if Marc has a claim to the music and wants it taken down then fine also lol

it reminds me of the luna-c/Paul elstak beef in the 90s - luna-c made a track with the 6 days on the run vocals and DJ Paul was a big fan of it and approached Luna-C as he wanted to license the track to repress on froze records as it was difficult to get a hold of. Luna-C said no so DJ Paul made his own track with the same vocals (which was much better imo) and the rest is history.....

But there were a load of people in the UK scene trying to get distributors to boycott froze records over it, and subsequent kniteforce releases had a load of petty digs at Paul elstak on the sleeve which I thought was hilarious as I don't even see what he did wrong. Maybe it was a bit cheeky because of the timeline but in essence they both made 2 completely different tracks with the only similarity being the use of vocals that were lifted from a euro dance tune released earlier in the year, but people got so angry about it. I guess some things never change :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
freddy g
State Senior Citizen

Postby Xurreal » Today, 09:04

Guess that topic will never grow old.

Should there a be a better separation between the terms DJ and producer? Would that actually change anything for us as consumers? Idk
Retired
Xurreal (32)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » Today, 09:39

AoF just calling out half the scene like that.

I don't know, I always partly agree (just partly) with those posts, but this complaining is just like-hunting, those posts won't achieve anything.

If someone can throw a tight dj mix (which most ghosted dj's can't) and has the money and connections to have someone else produce for them as a mutual agreement, why not? All respect to them.

Problem is that most ghosted dj's can't dj for shit either. But yeah.. that's another topic than the ghosting itself.
Emre (28)
Global Mod

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles