Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Minor suggestions/new stuff

For news, announcements, suggestions or other talk related to the site itself

Postby Vicious » 08 Apr 2022, 01:55

DjVero:But 90% of that stuff is shit anyway. Yes, I know, opinions blabla, but the problem is it really clutters imo, can't keep track of the good tracks by the big producers anymore either.

Yeah it's a complete mess, pages and pages of no name producers and labels with 0 replies. I used to actually use it to keep up with releases but it's useless now
Vicious
State Hero

Postby DjVero » 11 Apr 2022, 17:58

Emre:
DjVero:But 90% of that stuff is shit anyway. Yes, I know, opinions blabla, but the problem is it really clutters imo, can't keep track of the good tracks by the big producers anymore either.

Trying to keep the forum active & keeping an archive. For every person like you that doesn't like it, I get 5 messages from people that like it.

And you should calm down, you seem a bit grumpy lately. ;)

Haha I'm not :D

Im not here to please people, im here to voice my opinion and to find hidden gems, which right now is a little impossible because tracks (topics) that I like are among a gazilion other topics. I cant be arsed to go through 90% of the shit thats released in our scene either.

My problem, I know, just stating it here. It's ugly, thats all
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (33)
Crab

Postby Emre » 11 Apr 2022, 22:30

DjVero:
Emre:

Trying to keep the forum active & keeping an archive. For every person like you that doesn't like it, I get 5 messages from people that like it.

Im not here to please people, im here to voice my opinion and to find hidden gems, which right now is a little impossible because tracks (topics) that I like are among a gazilion other topics. I cant be arsed to go through 90% of the shit thats released in our scene either.

It shouldn't be that hard to scroll through 2-3 pages to be back to the moment before I started doing a topic streak. Very rarely i'm posting over 10 topics in a row. Forum activity/new topics should never be been seen as something bad imo, especially on Harderstate which isn't exactly super active in the first place.

As I said, as long as I get more positive reactions from archiving as much as possible releases (multiple people found some new hidden gems) than negative reactions, I will keep tracking releases.

It's also kinda subjective, when is a release relevant? When it's from a big artist? Taste is taste, and people (including myself) are still discovering hidden gems because of tracking all the 'obscure releases'. A lot of smaller names have more diverse and unique tracks than some of the bigger artists (imo).
We are just an advanced breed of monkeys, on a very average star
Emre (27)
Global Mod

Postby DjVero » 12 Apr 2022, 11:45

Emre:
DjVero:
Emre:

It shouldn't be that hard to scroll through 2-3 pages to be back to the moment before I started doing a topic streak. Very rarely i'm posting over 10 topics in a row. Forum activity/new topics should never be been seen as something bad imo, especially on Harderstate which isn't exactly super active in the first place.

As I said, as long as I get more positive reactions from archiving as much as possible releases (multiple people found some new hidden gems) than negative reactions, I will keep tracking releases.

It's also kinda subjective, when is a release relevant? When it's from a big artist? Taste is taste, and people (including myself) are still discovering hidden gems because of tracking all the 'obscure releases'. A lot of smaller names have more diverse and unique tracks than some of the bigger artists (imo).

OK. Fair enough!

Do not agree with your last paragraph though. All these smaller names do is just copying what the big shots do, certainly not "a lot". The only name that I can think of right now is Anderex. Can you give me more names from artists that "have more diverse and unique tracks"? I'm not talking smaller names on bigger (talent sub-)labels here, but I mean from real idle meaningless labels/artists that you seem to post, e.g. Blackbox, RSU Records, Upcoming Records, Ellivium Records, Massive Dynamic Records, Triplex Records, Akkros Awakken, which are all just a selection of the first two pages with topics that literally no one seems to care about......and for a reason from what I can hear.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (33)
Crab

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 12 Apr 2022, 12:06

Why not compromise and use the Overwiew threads ? Like with title, artist, label, month and preview link
lilfrenchidiot (25)
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 12 Apr 2022, 13:23

Edit : nvm :) thanks skrwd
Last edited by ceero on 12 Apr 2022, 16:20, edited 2 times in total.
ceero (30)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 12 Apr 2022, 15:06

DjVero:
Emre:
DjVero:

OK. Fair enough!

Do not agree with your last paragraph though. All these smaller names do is just copying what the big shots do, certainly not "a lot". The only name that I can think of right now is Anderex. Can you give me more names from artists that "have more diverse and unique tracks"? I'm not talking smaller names on bigger (talent sub-)labels here, but I mean from real idle meaningless labels/artists that you seem to post, e.g. Blackbox, RSU Records, Upcoming Records, Ellivium Records, Massive Dynamic Records, Triplex Records, Akkros Awakken, which are all just a selection of the first two pages with topics that literally no one seems to care about......and for a reason from what I can hear.

I was gonna react with a lot of artists, but since you said
I'm not talking smaller names on bigger (talent sub-)labels here
then yeah.. you're right (bar a few exceptions from Upcoming & Triplex) they're not as relevant. But since Harderstate has been linked with hardstyle-releases.com since the beginning, I was scrolling through the 2022 history and was gonna add all the missing 2022 releases in the Releases section. But I do get your point about the smaller labels being too irrelevant & not outstanding quality-wise.

Sooo.. I can skip those labels from now on if that's okay with the rest :p
Emre (27)
Global Mod

Postby The Convicted » 12 Apr 2022, 17:25

Emre:But since Harderstate has been linked with hardstyle-releases.com since the beginning, I was scrolling through the 2022 history and was gonna add all the missing 2022 releases in the Releases section. But I do get your point about the smaller labels being too irrelevant & not outstanding quality-wise.

Sooo.. I can skip those labels from now on if that's okay with the rest :p

You can still continue to do the yearly hardstyle overview thing if you really want to. Just build the list from month to month, not all of them should necessarily link to an existing topic but also to a place you can buy or download the release from. Makes the release section easier to maintain and look around but also keep track of each release at the same time :)

I did this long enough but due to lack of time and passion for hardstyle I stopped it a while ago.
The Convicted (27)
State Retired Person

Postby Bomberz » 12 Apr 2022, 18:02

I have to agree that the release section is a bit overcrowded with too many releases from small artists/labels.

Maybe we can do something like what exists in the free releases section, with main/unsigned artists. I mean, "main labels" hardstyle and "small labels" hardstyle. Let's hear you ;)
Bomberz (28)
Global Mod

Postby The Blaster » 12 Apr 2022, 21:43

Good idea
The Blaster
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 12 Apr 2022, 23:28

Bomberz:I have to agree that the release section is a bit overcrowded with too many releases from small artists/labels.

Maybe we can do something like what exists in the free releases section, with main/unsigned artists. I mean, "main labels" hardstyle and "small labels" hardstyle. Let's hear you ;)

Sounds good. But when is a label small or big? I know Scantraxx, DWX etc are big. But for example, what category would Derailed Traxx be? Or Prospexx? Or all the other big label sublabels. If we can clear up that grey area, sure I'm all for splitting the release section up in categories :)
Emre (27)
Global Mod

Postby DjVero » 13 Apr 2022, 19:20

Bomberz:I have to agree that the release section is a bit overcrowded with too many releases from small artists/labels.

Agreed. Nice middle road, but Emre is right here with....

Emre:

But when is a label small or big? I know Scantraxx, DWX etc are big. But for example, what category would Derailed Traxx be? Or Prospexx? Or all the other big label sublabels. If we can clear up that grey area, sure I'm all for splitting the release section up in categories :)

Derailed Traxx and Prospexx are sublabels of an extremely big label, which means they'd normally get a lot of exposure. I'd classify the labels I mentioned as small labels. It's up to you of course.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (33)
Crab

Postby Bomberz » 15 Apr 2022, 20:34

We could open a poll with pretty much every label we know so we can determine if it's a "main" or "small" label. I think it can be a good solution.
Bomberz (28)
Global Mod

Postby DjVero » 01 May 2022, 12:37

Is an ode to Delete as an official announcement/tribute an idea?
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (33)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles