Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby [] » 17 Oct 2020, 21:23

Payne:
[]:And many more, were truly musically daring and unique.

Barely anything in edm has ever been truly unique (exception :+ ). Usually it's just - either you like it or not.

[]:One is a hard dance version of trap

Don't see too many Trap influences in Hardstyle, referring to Hard Trap being its own subgenre (probably more popular with Dubstep-crowds.)
Would guess you mean the more predictable structure, including longer breaks?

1. Real Hardstyle is not EDM, so you're wrong. And to say that even EDM hasn't ever been unique is rather close minded in my opinion. Anyway, I'm talking about what the Hardstyle genre was doing from 2006 - 2012. It was truly it's own thing back then, and mostly without any mainstream influences. Honest and refreshing music.

2. I see A LOT of trap influences, especially in raw. Both in how tracks are structured, but also in the lyrical themes and purpose of them. Lyrical meaning, again, stuff like; "Imma OG" "dropping like a boss" "I'm bla bla bla bla" etc. Annoying stuff like that. Secondly, I'm referring to the unbridled obsession with making the perfect "kick" and to make as much noise as possible after a build up. Essentially introducing the infamous "drop" into a genre that wasn't meant to use this hype generating mechanism.
[]
State Newcomer

Postby [] » 17 Oct 2020, 21:25

omarak2229:
[]:One is a hard dance version of trap. The other is EDM with distorted kicks.

is it bad that I can't tell which one of those descriptors is raw or euphoric?

Nope... You're good. That's just what happens when mainstream culture kills off yet another unique sub culture.
[]
State Newcomer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 17 Oct 2020, 21:42

spitles:Dunno if unpopular or not. Is HDM mood much better at USA/Americas than HDM mood at Benelux/Europe ?

100% my guy. I remember when DJs tried bringing that melodic style here to appeal to the "EDM" crowd but it didn't much go over well. Anytime a DJ breaks out some older tracks or some heavy ones the crowd goes apeshit, mostly since we're so rarely exposed to it that we aren't as spoiled as most NL partygoers who would usually have a Hardstyle party every other weekend. With that said though the HDM crowd here is so small that it's not worth most DJs flying out here for a party or tour.
Even going as far back as the 90s our crowds were generally more hyped and "violent" than most others, except of course Sala 2 in Italy :+ That's most apparent if you look at these old videos:
Reverse Ghost (27)
State Legend

Postby Payne » 17 Oct 2020, 22:24

[]:1. Real Hardstyle is not EDM, so you're wrong. And to say that even EDM hasn't ever been unique is rather close minded in my opinion.

:? Is it being played with acoustic guitars on funfairs?

I believe my opinions towards electronic dance music might be quite biased, but I've also listened to one or two tracks from other subgenres in my lifetime.

[]:2. I see A LOT of trap influences, especially in raw. Both in how tracks are structured, but also in the lyrical themes and purpose of them. Lyrical meaning, again, stuff like; "Imma OG" "dropping like a boss" "I'm bla bla bla bla" etc. Annoying stuff like that. Secondly, I'm referring to the unbridled obsession with making the perfect "kick" and to make as much noise as possible after a build up. Essentially introducing the infamous "drop" into a genre that wasn't meant to use this hype generating mechanism.

There's more Trap than Yellow Claw's party songs.

edit: on a 2nd I'm not sure if you've listened to much trap music.
Payne (30)
State Native

Postby ceero » Yesterday, 10:09

Hocus Pocus & Night After Night are the best Noisecontrollers tunes ever. I hate the fact they were not released on a vinyl so much :(
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby lilfrenchidiot » Yesterday, 10:44

Payne:
[]:
There's more Trap than Yellow Claw's party songs.

edit: on a 2nd I'm not sure if you've listened to much trap music.

This, Trap is super rich actually
lilfrenchidiot (24)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles