Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Which tracks deserve a 2020 update?

Postby spitles » 08 Sep 2020, 04:53

Maybe it could be easier to remember about some tracks which could deserve a "2k20's coat" by adding a label list ? Let's start by listing Dirty Workz as it's the best label :lol:

DjVero:
Raw Output:Star Creatorz - Killzone

Abso-fucking-lutely not! In fact, I will murder the one who dares touching this.

It sounds cool with raw keks :omg: - try by yourself in your daw
spitles (33)
State Native

Postby dylannn » 08 Sep 2020, 11:49

DjVero:
Raw Output:Star Creatorz - Killzone

Abso-fucking-lutely not! In fact, I will murder the one who dares touching this. The Hunter Remix is good as is.

:+

Haha this! The only old tracks that I reckon need a makeover are where they're just poorly produced or mastered - even then I'd only want an update in the original style, not using current sounds
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby Soduku » 08 Sep 2020, 12:20

Vicious:
Soduku:Dark Oscillators - Food for Woofers /Stereophobia/Superstar DJ

Nah dawg they good as is

Of course they are good enough as they are. But this is about "...deserve an update" not "...need an update". In my opinion too many classic tracks are neglected because they just don't fit into the current style of the set. I actually never heard a Dark Oscillators track live in the last years
Soduku
State Tourist

Postby ceero » 08 Sep 2020, 12:47

So what? I can always listen to it by myself. I prefer that then listening to a remake 3:15 long in extended version. Unlike a lot of stuff from that era (sorry dbstf), the saifam stuff has always been top notch quality and doesn't really need an update because of the 'production quality' reasons at all.
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby spitles » 14 Sep 2020, 02:35

hardcopy - imagine this tune with phat 2k20 raw keks and more funny sound tweekz :omg: :
spitles (33)
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 14 Sep 2020, 12:12

spitles:imagine this tune with phat 2k20 raw keks and more funny sound tweekz :omg:

hmmmmm

The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Kedde » 14 Sep 2020, 12:36

Soduku:Of course they are good enough as they are. But this is about "...deserve an update" not "...need an update". In my opinion too many classic tracks are neglected because they just don't fit into the current style of the set. I actually never heard a Dark Oscillators track live in the last years

ceero:So what? I can always listen to it by myself.

I think the point Soduku was trying to make was a desire to hear it live (club/festival) and not at home. :) New remakes, reissues or remixes can thereby increase the chance of that happening.

This is an excellent topic btw.
Kedde (28)
Producer

Postby The Blaster » 14 Sep 2020, 13:07

Very out of touch with reality, but what is the barrier to playing the originals out at a club?
The Blaster
State Celebrity

Postby M3dia » 14 Sep 2020, 16:43

The Blaster:Very out of touch with reality, but what is the barrier to playing the originals out at a club?

I think artists have a certain set time and want to promote themselves aswell as being "on top" by playing mainly new and even unheard tracks. This limits the possibility of older tracks in a set and then we basically get the same 4-5 all year :D
M3dia (26)
State Native

Postby Reverse Ghost » 15 Sep 2020, 07:21

THIS track but updated with kicks like from PN & B-Front - The Solution, or just that weird Rawphoric kick that Sub Sonik used to implement. A half-decent punchy kick but with a strong crunchy tail would do this melody pure justice (L) (L)
Reverse Ghost (27)
State Legend

Postby spitles » 16 Sep 2020, 03:45

sigma - let's see (...) imagine act of rage cover/bootleg/version of this tune :dunno: :

tersikore (...) imagine 2k20 coat of ... eh this tune is so top secret it's not at discogs ? :O
https://www.junodownload.com/products/i ... k_number=3
spitles (33)
State Native

Postby ThePrincipal » 16 Sep 2020, 11:23

The Blaster:Very out of touch with reality, but what is the barrier to playing the originals out at a club?

the artists think they sound shit. Not sure why they don't just embrace them for what they are and how they were made at the time. Old tunes can fit anywhere if you think carefully enough on where to place them, but people can't be fucked doing it much anymore and use the "it sounds shit" excuse.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 16 Sep 2020, 11:58

ThePrincipal:

the artists think they sound shit. Not sure why they don't just embrace them for what they are and how they were made at the time. Old tunes can fit anywhere if you think carefully enough on where to place them, but people can't be fucked doing it much anymore and use the "it sounds shit" excuse.

So true, unfortunately.
What if who you essentially are right now, is all that you are ever going to be?
Emre (26)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 16 Sep 2020, 12:24

People like The Panacea can fit neurofunk, techno, hardstyle, dubstep and hardcore in one set.

People like Geck-O can fit obscure disco stuff, japanese nrg rave, techno, trance and 7 other genres in one set.

A hardstyle dj can not fit 2010 and 2020 hardstyle together in one set.
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 16 Sep 2020, 13:25

ceero:People like The Panacea can fit neurofunk, techno, hardstyle, dubstep and hardcore in one set.

People like Geck-O can fit obscure disco stuff, japanese nrg rave, techno, trance and 7 other genres in one set.

A hardstyle dj can not fit 2010 and 2020 hardstyle together in one set.

I kinda agree with this, but it would be better if the Hardstyle community was not so allergic to diversity in sets (oh besides Uptempo and Frenchcore of course).

I mean even besides old Hardstyle vs new Hardstyle (I know I’m getting offtopic), a guy like Noisecontrollers should be able to play Dubstep for example.
lilfrenchidiot (24)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles