Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby KRB-MP » 09 Oct 2019, 10:47

@DJZane

I pretty like this old school rave spirit in your track
Well mixed and it doesn't sounds too flat for a techno track, that's a pretty good job you did there !

First attempt making a sort of "rawphoric" tune, check it and tell me what do you think about it ;)

KRB-MP (21)
State Tourist

Postby Pinago » 12 Oct 2019, 20:24

@KRB-MP: I really like the Intro :dance: but for me the melody is too euphoric to fit in the main mood of the track. It´s a nice track though.

I made two new projects in the last months, curious to see what you think:

Pinago
State Tourist

Postby KRB-MP » 14 Oct 2019, 09:53

@Pinago

I really like the way you design your leads (preference for the ones in "The Outside")
Maybe try to add more rythm between the notes of your melodies, since you've got some blanks in the main melody, add for example a second layer with supersaws playing a background melody

The first kick sounds better than the second one, I guess it's due to the punch which has got more crunch ?

Otherwise keep working on these, you could make something really nice out of these snippets !

To answer your comment, the melody was meant to be euphoric to contrast with the raw part ahah, it's two subgenres of hardstyle that I really love and I wanted to mix these together in the same track !

Here's a raw only track (guess the melody is less "happy" ahah

KRB-MP (21)
State Tourist

Postby KVAIN » 15 Oct 2019, 17:11

@KRB-MP I like the atmosphere that you created, and I like the melody! the kick sounds dope and clear, The screech in the 2nd drop is way too sharp and way too high in frequencies.

I’m kinda lost at some parts with the structure of the track, for example from 2:46 when it directly starts playing the melody again it feels a bit off.

@PINAGO Snippets sound nice, melodies have potential, leads still sound a bit thin, layering could perhaps do the trick to make it sound a bit phatter! + I think it needs a tad more reverb, looking forward to seeing next version!

here is a new preview from my side, it still needs some vocals, especially in the beginning:
what do you guys think?
KVAIN (27)
State Citizen

Postby KRB-MP » 21 Oct 2019, 12:28

@KVAIN
Thank you for your feedback !
About your track, it sounds really nice and clean, the kick sounds maybe a bit "too loud" I don't really know, maybe reduce a bit some mid freqs, or higher freqs, but it's just a question of personnal taste ! Otherwise that's a pretty good track we've got here ;)

Ok, first time trying to make a decent remix, so I've choosen the well known track "Psychedelic" from HHz to remix, I've tried to add my personnal touch with a brand new atmosphere, I hope you'll like it !

KRB-MP (21)
State Tourist

Postby we sixteen » 25 Nov 2019, 20:55

@KRB-MP It sounds good man, only thing I don't like is the head hunterz plucky style (personal opinion, technically it doesn't sound bad), I think the bridge and second verse could have a better development.

Here's an original of mine, be brutally honest please :)

https://soundcloud.com/wesixteenmusic/we-sixteen-false-prophets/s-iyQok
we sixteen
State Outsider

Postby Soundphase » 14 Dec 2019, 00:45

@we sixteen It's hard to judge because there's anharmonic melody notes, try to fix the harmony between the bass (kick) and the notes. the lead synth has potential

not sure if I will do something with this idea
It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation

Fill my brain with hardstyle data!
Soundphase (29)
State Celebrity

Postby spitles » 14 Dec 2019, 10:23

you guys have skills.
why aren't you @ labels ? :O

anyway i wanted to share the "kick salad" idea
it's badly done, but i don't care, it's just a funny idea lol

:lol:
spitles (33)