Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Headhunterz - Orange Heart [Q-dance]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Emre » 11 Jul 2019, 19:53

Well, to be fair, that's Q to blame for, not HHZ. :+

Monopolies happen. *marco voice* ~ money makes the world go round, round, round ~
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby SKRWD » 11 Jul 2019, 20:46

ceero:what amazes me is that people arent tired of this exact same debate in every single headhunterz topic even after all those years :+

Even though there's artists where you could say the very same things regarding playing it safe, lack of innovation, etc pp. Idk why it's mostly in HHZ topics...
SKRWD (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Gommes_ » 12 Jul 2019, 11:40

Emre:Yeah, gotta admit man, that sounded pretty elististic Tekk. :\

It seems as if 'just because he's HHZ' people think he HAS to make the best tracks every year again, if he makes a 'meh' track people judge him way more cause he's apparently supposed to be making banger after banger just because he's so popular.

I don't know if that's it. Right now we have guys like Phuture Noize, Myst, DBSTF, Sub Zero Project etc. just to name some bigger artists. On top of that there are smaller acts like Neroz, Artifact, Regain, Solstice, Udex and so on who all brought something really fresh to the table.

Personally I think that HHZ can't keep up with that anymore. I mean "Orange Heart" and "When the Stars Connect in Space" by Myst & Adaro for instance are worlds apart on how hardstyle should sound for me today. The sound design of the "new guys" is much more exciting and I have the feeling that most of them are dying to try out new stuff. "Orange Heart" feels old and sounds like it belongs to another era of hardstyle. This is highly subjective but for me HHZ doesn't have "it" anymore. While DBSTF and Wildstylez are still going strong HHZ didn't really reinvent himself.
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (34)
State Native

Postby John Cove » 12 Jul 2019, 16:48

Gommes_:

It seems as if 'just because he's HHZ' people think he HAS to make the best tracks every year again, if he makes a 'meh' track people judge him way more cause he's apparently supposed to be making banger after banger just because he's so popular.

I don't know if that's it. Right now we have guys like Phuture Noize, Myst, DBSTF, Sub Zero Project etc. just to name some bigger artists. On top of that there are smaller acts like Neroz, Artifact, Regain, Solstice, Udex and so on who all brought something really fresh to the table.

Personally I think that HHZ can't keep up with that anymore. I mean "Orange Heart" and "When the Stars Connect in Space" by Myst & Adaro for instance are worlds apart on how hardstyle should sound for me today. The sound design of the "new guys" is much more exciting and I have the feeling that most of them are dying to try out new stuff. "Orange Heart" feels old and sounds like it belongs to another era of hardstyle. This is highly subjective but for me HHZ doesn't have "it" anymore. While DBSTF and Wildstylez are still going strong HHZ didn't really reinvent himself.

In my opinion Headhunterz is able to give his tracks that special feeling many artists can't. His sound design is extremely high, it's all crystal clear yet powerful. Besides that he is a really interesting & controversial person, which keeps the buzz around him high. He completely understands how this scene works and how he can get profit out of it while still give his fans the feeling to connect with him.

There is a reason why this guy has the most followers, the biggest gigs and the most influence on the scene.

I have to say I'm really a fan of his output during the last two years.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby Qre8ive » 12 Jul 2019, 17:11

John Cove:
Gommes_:

In my opinion Headhunterz is able to give his tracks that special feeling many artists can't. His sound design is extremely high, it's all crystal clear yet powerful. Besides that he is a really interesting & controversial person, which keeps the buzz around him high. He completely understands how this scene works and how he can get profit out of it while still give his fans the feeling to connect with him.

There is a reason why this guy has the most followers, the biggest gigs and the most influence on the scene.

The reason he still has the most followers is because he always had from his golden years, but if i look at his spotify listeners for example it hasn't really grown for the last 2 years while other have caught up or even surpassed him (for example da tweekaz just did).

His music sounds good indeed, but i think if he would spend more time on proper songwriting it could be so much better like they used to be.

Biggest gigs? Not really. Most influence on the scene? Nah not anymore.
Qre8ive
State Native

Postby John Cove » 12 Jul 2019, 17:42

Qre8ive:
John Cove:
Gommes_:

but if i look at his spotify listeners for example it hasn't really grown for the last 2 years while other have caught up or even surpassed him (for example da tweekaz just did).

But it's almost constantly around 1.5 million. Higher than Brennan Heart, Zatox, Coone, RR and every other artist in the scene (besides Tweekaz, who released a remix of a world famous artist 2 weeks ago)
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby Qre8ive » 12 Jul 2019, 18:01

John Cove:But it's almost constantly around 1.5 million. Higher than Brennan Heart, Zatox, Coone, RR and every other artist in the scene (besides Tweekaz, who released a remix of a world famous artist 2 weeks ago)

That's the thing... for someone who was head and shoulders above the rest in the past, he is almost equal levels with others now. That's the disappointing thing for me and to me thats because his music is good, but could be so much better.
Qre8ive
State Native

Postby Emre » 12 Jul 2019, 19:52

Well, you can't consistently stay in that flow perfectly for 15 years.. A lot of artists who currently are trending will switch places with another artist at the moment that new artist finds a new sound that works good in the market. SZP exploded, then calmed down a bit. PN exploded, he's taking a break now. Inbetween there was also MYST but he didn't 'keep the hype up'. Let's be honest, HHZ has been steady since 2005. Not always #1 trending, but always big and steady. Give him a break, he can't please everyone for so long.

Altho I do agree it would be fun to see him going on adventure in the scene a bit more, for ex. make a collab with D-Sturb (We know he likes his music). or finally that DBSTF collab. Or Atmozfears. Devin Wild. Phuture Noize? W, if you read this, try something new. He likes a lot of guys. Look at his podcasts, he's actually way more diverse in what he likes than what he seems to show. I'm fine with him focusing on SR and SZP and stuff but broaden it up a bit, keep us a bit more stimulated, if that's in check, my small point of criticism will also be gone :D
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 12 Jul 2019, 20:11

That DBSTF collab must happen, I so hope it won't fall into obscurity because they didn't find time for it :(
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby Qre8ive » 12 Jul 2019, 20:23

Emre:Well, you can't consistently stay in that flow perfectly for 15 years.. A lot of artists who currently are trending will switch places with another artist at the moment that new artist finds a new sound that works good in the market. SZP exploded, then calmed down a bit. PN exploded, he's taking a break now. Inbetween there was also MYST but he didn't 'keep the hype up'. Let's be honest, HHZ has been steady since 2005. Not always #1 trending, but always big and steady. Give him a break, he can't please everyone for so long.

Altho I do agree it would be fun to see him going on adventure in the scene a bit more, for ex. make a collab with D-Sturb (We know he likes his music). or finally that DBSTF collab. Or Atmozfears. Devin Wild. Phuture Noize? W, if you read this, try something new. He likes a lot of guys. Look at his podcasts, he's actually way more diverse in what he likes than what he seems to show. I'm fine with him focusing on SR and SZP and stuff but broaden it up a bit, keep us a bit more stimulated, if that's in check, my small point of criticism will also be gone :D

He had a break while in EDM imo :+ no but seriously of course you can't please everyone anyways. But like you said it would be nice to see him going on adventure in the scene, not just play the safe thing and throw it on the hypetrain (which this track sounds like to me).

ceero:That DBSTF collab must happen, I so hope it won't fall into obscurity because they didn't find time for it :(

Definitely, DBSTF are on a roll music wise :)
Qre8ive
State Native

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 16 Jul 2019, 22:04

I really like the vocal in this track. Overall decent track but the melody is a bit 'okish' as it flows a bit sluggish.
hardstyleprem1um (32)
State Celebrity

Postby NEKA » 25 Jul 2019, 00:29

DjVero:What a boring melody. :fist: And lol at Heady's face at 1:10 in that video, pills ftw haha :naughty:

Oh lord just saw this and can't unsee it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby The Ascendant » 29 Jul 2019, 02:48

After all of these years people still bitch about Headhunterz... Scul would be proud :+
The Ascendant (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Qre8ive » 29 Jul 2019, 15:06

The Ascendant:After all of these years people still bitch about Headhunterz... Scul would be proud :+

Good old days, HHZ flaming scul on his website, nustyle discussions, getting banned for being intern at scantraxx, etc. At least harderstate exists thanks to him :+
Qre8ive
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles