Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Mashups and Mixes

Postby Trantix » 18 Feb 2019, 06:58

Hey everyone! Sorry if this isn't the correct spot to put this.

So this year I started something new for myself to try out and I think some of you may find some interest in this.
So basically, I love mixing and mashing songs together and hearing how they sound together. And I thought, what if I attempted to do this where the songs were randomly chosen for me instead. I thought it would be fun to see how I mashup two songs together and also I would learn some things in the process.

So basically, here's what I decided I wanted to do:
-Every Monday, I'll be uploading a mashup where the 2 songs are randomly chosen.
-Every 2nd Friday of the month, I'll upload a podcast type of mix called Lucid Dream. This will be an hour of 30 hardstyle songs that I think are special from the previous month.
-Hopefully every 3 months on the 4th Friday, I'll upload a special mix. These special mixes will be an hour and contain whatever music I feel like makes sense for it. These mixes will generally have a theme or something such as year mixes, or featuring songs outside of hardstyle, or completely randomly chosen songs, etc.

Some extra details if you're curious:
Show spoiler
So I have a list of literally 15,800 songs (no idea how it became such a nice number. I didn't try for that). Roughly 90% are hardstyle from between the early 2000s and now and I'll be continuing to add more to this list. The rest are random hardcore, industrial, and subground songs. Every week, 2 of these are randomly chosen and I attempt to mash them together and make it sound as good as I can. So far I've made 6 of them and I think they all came out decent.

Links:

Everything is also on youtube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9AQ2i ... bLRQqAmxMg

I hope you guys enjoy!

Also if you by any chance want to stay up to date with further mashups and mixes I release, I post updates on instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/officialtratix/?hl=en
Trantix (22)
State Citizen

Postby Mystic » 18 Feb 2019, 13:57

That's a nice idea! I'm a mash-up guy as well, and i'm curious to hear yours.
I'm following you on Instagram now, so i'm staying tuned, haha! ;)

I did this big 67 minute long mash-up project with 140 songs a few months ago,
called "The Alchemy Of Sound". Maybe it'll give you inspiration! ;D

Mystic
State Tourist

Postby Trantix » 18 Feb 2019, 15:09

Mystic:That's a nice idea! I'm a mash-up guy as well, and i'm curious to hear yours.

Oh sweet, I'll be sure to listen to this. My favorite thing with mixes is hearing how people mix the songs together so if you have 140 within 67, that'll be fun to listen to :fist: The one mix I released called "Lucid Dream : The Beginning" has 42 songs with an hour.
Trantix (22)
State Citizen

Postby Mystic » 20 Feb 2019, 14:36

Thanks haha, enjoy it!
I've listened to yours aswell, and i quite loved it but yeah i have a thing for Subground anyway. ;D
So keep up the good work!
Mystic
State Tourist

Postby Trantix » 20 Feb 2019, 21:46

Mystic:Thanks haha, enjoy it!
I've listened to yours aswell, and i quite loved it but yeah i have a thing for Subground anyway. ;D
So keep up the good work!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! And I'm sure I will!
Trantix (22)
State Citizen

Postby Deadwood » 23 Feb 2019, 09:32

Mystic:That's a nice idea! I'm a mash-up guy as well, and i'm curious to hear yours.

Awesome mix made. :) I am always glad to hear some high tracks/minute mixes, because it mostly means that actual mixing is involved. Btw. What is the track starting at 60:55?
I have also done a few high tracks/minute mixes, e.g. my last Defqon.1 warm up mix with 170 tracks in 60 minutes: https://www.mixcloud.com/nyetram/defqon ... er-styles/ :fist:

Trantix:-Every 2nd Friday of the month, I'll upload a podcast type of mix called Lucid Dream. This will be an hour of 30 hardstyle songs that I think are special from the previous month.

I am looking forward to your mix. :)
Deadwood
State Native

Postby Trantix » 25 Feb 2019, 03:53

Deadwood:
Trantix:-Every 2nd Friday of the month, I'll upload a podcast type of mix called Lucid Dream. This will be an hour of 30 hardstyle songs that I think are special from the previous month.

I am looking forward to your mix. :)

You can already listen to them! I'll put the youtube links here too then because I know Mixcloud can be a little weird. I didn't want to make the original post spammy or anything.

Trantix (22)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles