Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Devin Wild - Mind Bending [Scantraxx]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Soundphase » 06 Jan 2019, 22:13

it's innovative and I like it because of that, not outstanding but definitely something decent and inspiring
It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation
Soundphase (28)
State Celebrity

Postby Herman » 10 Jan 2019, 10:31

2nd climax seems unnecessary, that scream before the drop is kinda annoying
Willem loves a good chant
Herman (24)
State Citizen

Location: Norway (no) Hello I am Supreme Master First Class in CS:GO so don't mess with me or I'll 1v1 you.

Postby Stein » 11 Jan 2019, 19:53

Stein
State Tourist

Postby The Convicted » 12 Jan 2019, 14:50

I really like the whole track, BUT COME ON, DAT MID-INTRO <3 Why the hell the isn't the complete track based on that...
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby macdz » 12 Jan 2019, 19:25

This is Yhimself right? He seems to be showing his potential...partially ;) Melo doesn't appeal to me tho.
Monitor Audio BX6, NAD C356-BEE, REL T5
macdz (30)
State Legend

Postby mrcax5 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:01

macdz:This is Yhimself right? He seems to be showing his potential...partially ;) Melo doesn't appeal to me tho.

wat? no, that's not Yhimself :rofl: :facepalm:
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Defqon.1 '18 | Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18
mrcax5 (25)
State Native

Postby Shendooo » 12 Jan 2019, 23:59

Hmm, I expected a bit more tbh. Its certainly different, and I'll never criticise originality. Just feels a bit empty to me.
Shendooo
State Citizen

Postby th3r3zo » 13 Jan 2019, 01:14

Sounds like 2 different tracks, the first track around 0:00-2:00

Not bad, i like the atmosphere from the melody but the rest it's not my taste

owww i imagine a climax with that melody from the intro with heavy kicks and propper build :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
th3r3zo
State Hero

Postby macdz » 13 Jan 2019, 02:14

mrcax5:
macdz:This is Yhimself right? He seems to be showing his potential...partially ;) Melo doesn't appeal to me tho.

oh this is X-Systeeeem. Ok and Yhimself? I am lost :hat:
Monitor Audio BX6, NAD C356-BEE, REL T5
macdz (30)
State Legend

Postby mrcax5 » 13 Jan 2019, 02:51

macdz:
mrcax5:

oh this is X-Systeeeem. Ok and Yhimself? I am lost :hat:

Yhimself is a guy from norway if I'm correct under gearbox. He is/was also part of Vast Duality (not sure if they still produce together but i think not cause other guy stopped producing 2 years ago IIRC.
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Defqon.1 '18 | Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18
mrcax5 (25)
State Native

Postby ceero » 15 Jan 2019, 15:40

that gated intro and break are fucking nice. than a generic wannabedark mainpart with a lazy melody and generic kick. meh, got my hope high through the first half of the tune :( why not just make a full on gated kick based dark tune? why there just has to be a classic dong kick? this feels like it was forced into the usual hardstyle box, while it could have worked way better if Devin wasnt afraid to experiment a bit

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 15 Jan 2019, 15:47

ceero:that gated intro and break are fucking nice. than a generic wannabedark mainpart with a lazy melody and generic kick. meh, got my hope high through the first half of the tune :( why not just make a full on gated kick based dark tune? why there just has to be a classic dong kick? this feels like it was forced into the usual hardstyle box, while it could have worked way better if Devin wasnt afraid to experiment a bit

This way (with the regular climax) it's easier for the average hardstyle listener to ease into it. If this was a full gated kick tracks where the climax would be in the same style as the midintro I'm sure it would be too alternative for the masses. And about your last sentence I underlined, you know this is quite far from his usual stuff so he definitely did experiment a bit, if you ask me.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 15 Jan 2019, 17:29

Emre:
ceero:that gated intro and break are fucking nice. than a generic wannabedark mainpart with a lazy melody and generic kick. meh, got my hope high through the first half of the tune :( why not just make a full on gated kick based dark tune? why there just has to be a classic dong kick? this feels like it was forced into the usual hardstyle box, while it could have worked way better if Devin wasnt afraid to experiment a bit

This way (with the regular climax) it's easier for the average hardstyle listener to ease into it. If this was a full gated kick tracks where the climax would be in the same style as the midintro I'm sure it would be too alternative for the masses. And about your last sentence I underlined, you know this is quite far from his usual stuff so he definitely did experiment a bit, if you ask me.

How? The second part imo is just the usual stuff, usual kick scantraxx, usual scantraxx soundbank, just darker.

I do understand your point though, i mean this is Scantraxx not Spoontech or something, so obviously the space for outside of the box sound isnt as big as this would deserve. Still better than most of the stuff released here these days, cant say i dislike it, its just that there could have been done a lot more with this

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby PiozMioz » 15 Jan 2019, 17:55

Couldn't agree more on this. A pity that he didnt used this gated kicks through the whole track, so it ended in a typical scantraxx track with a banging intro and a boring melody.. lost potential if u ask me
PiozMioz
State Citizen

Postby solarized » 15 Jan 2019, 17:58

I like it :)
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (34)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles