(You can't hide all the genres)

Glumex - Abandoned

Need feedback on your Hardstyle track? Post it here

Postby F8 » 02 Jan 2019, 16:47

F8
State Tourist

Postby Anton zY » 16 Mar 2019, 19:02

Hi F8,

I've listened to your three most recent tracks, so I think I have an idea of what you're going for. Do you have reference tracks? It sounds like you're going for the older hardstyle sound, which I'm not too familiar with, so keep that in mind for the following.

I like the delayed reverb you have on the clap in the intro/outro.

You have an interesting way to end your intro with that low end reverb impact. I hear it in your other tracks Realm, and Fire, so I think that's a thing you're going for. I'm really used to there being a tok at least to provide that mid-range impact, but I guess this comes down to the aesthetic and personal preference.

I was a little surprised by that horn sound in the intro... I think, in terms of the "soundscape", I wasn't expecting that kind of sound, so it felt out of place to me. The same goes for your lead right after the intro. Maybe there needs to be more of a break between the intro and the verse section so the ear can "reset" and accept a totally different sound?

In the drop, the kick, I think you hit the note D, it sounds... out of key to me, or dissonant enough that I need to consciously prepare myself to accept it.

I like the kick. It has a nice offbeat character in the low-end and the mid-range in tok is nice (maybe squelchy?).

The first drop seems cut off a bit, the delay tail on the lead feels ...out of place. Maybe let the melody play through the entire last bar, instead of cutting it off at beat 2. Might be personal preference.

One thing I think you can do in future tracks is experiment with your arrangement. All three tracks have the same layout, not that it's a bad thing, but you could be surprised with what you make when the structure is different.

Keep it up!
Anton zY (28)
State Outsider

Postby F8 » 18 Mar 2019, 22:18

Anton zY:Hi F8,

I've listened to your three most recent tracks, so I think I have an idea of what you're going for. Do you have reference tracks? It sounds like you're going for the older hardstyle sound, which I'm not too familiar with, so keep that in mind for the following.

I like the delayed reverb you have on the clap in the intro/outro.

You have an interesting way to end your intro with that low end reverb impact. I hear it in your other tracks Realm, and Fire, so I think that's a thing you're going for. I'm really used to there being a tok at least to provide that mid-range impact, but I guess this comes down to the aesthetic and personal preference.

I was a little surprised by that horn sound in the intro... I think, in terms of the "soundscape", I wasn't expecting that kind of sound, so it felt out of place to me. The same goes for your lead right after the intro. Maybe there needs to be more of a break between the intro and the verse section so the ear can "reset" and accept a totally different sound?

In the drop, the kick, I think you hit the note D, it sounds... out of key to me, or dissonant enough that I need to consciously prepare myself to accept it.

I like the kick. It has a nice offbeat character in the low-end and the mid-range in tok is nice (maybe squelchy?).

The first drop seems cut off a bit, the delay tail on the lead feels ...out of place. Maybe let the melody play through the entire last bar, instead of cutting it off at beat 2. Might be personal preference.

One thing I think you can do in future tracks is experiment with your arrangement. All three tracks have the same layout, not that it's a bad thing, but you could be surprised with what you make when the structure is different.

Keep it up!

Hi Anton zY,
thanks a lot, the melody is a main part in the track I think.
F8
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles