Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What do you listen to other than hardcore?

Postby mercenary » 28 Nov 2018, 11:02

Hi there,

Not sure where to put this question, really, so I hope you don't mind.

The reason I put it here is cuz I'm a hardcore head since 1994 and hardcore will always have a special place in my heart. But! I was always interested in other genres as well, especially in fresh new sounds, but I cannot find anything interesting lately. So I'm open to suggestions. Do you listen to anything other than hardcore and its derived sub-genres?

Just to give you a few examples what I'm thinking about.
In recent years I was really into hard house, liked the American-Mexican "hard sound" movement, found a bunch of really cool hard psy and hard trap tracks. The German dark techno scene and the Russian witch house scene are also pretty awesome lately. Yet I'm still hungry for some fresh new stuffs. This year was everything but eventful music-wise. (For me at least) Is there any genre out there that made a great comeback recently? Or anything worth paying attention to? Any hidden gems?

Share your recent pleasant surprises! Thanks. :)
mercenary
State Tourist

Postby Bibifoc » 28 Nov 2018, 11:13

Noise and Ambient/Drone related music, it's where I found my favourite group and some really good hidden gems among the miasma of retarded/boring junk.
Bibifoc (26)
State Senior Citizen

Postby mercenary » 28 Nov 2018, 11:26

Bibifoc:Noise and Ambient/Drone related music, it's where I found my favourite group and some really good hidden gems among the miasma of retarded/boring junk.

Can you embed a few of these gems? Thanks!
mercenary
State Tourist

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 28 Nov 2018, 11:30

Besides the obvious Hardstyle, I listen to a lot of stuff in Bass Music especially Trap.

However, my main pleasure besides Hardcore these days is that new Trapmetal stuff (not an official name) : check out artists like Scarlxrd, some XXXTentacion (RIP) tracks like Rip Roach or Caution, Ghostemane, City Morgue (and their solo aliases ZillaKami and SosMula) and so on :)

Last edited by lilfrenchidiot on 06 Dec 2018, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
lilfrenchidiot (23)
State Celebrity

Postby pscl » 28 Nov 2018, 16:27

i listen to every kind of music
depends on my mood :)

dubstep / trap (slander, gammer,...)
dnb (sub focus, delta heavy, camo & krooked,...)
metal (bullet for my valentine, linkin park, korn, limp bizkit,...)
classics records / opera (bach, carl orff, beethoven, andrea bocelli...)
pscl
State Citizen

Postby Vi Ta Lee » 28 Nov 2018, 17:18

I love everything.

Metal / Rock (classic rock, death metal, black, symphonic rock...etc)
Classical music , Soundtrack, Swings Jazz , Soul.. etc
HipHop / Trap.. etc
Ambient, chillout, 90’s pop, 80’s pop, Triphop, EDM (all kind subgenres), modern pop .

No matter what genre at all.

Best thing is live concerts (metal and jazz and classic music)
Vi Ta Lee (32)
Producer

Postby Morbid_Angel » 28 Nov 2018, 20:39

Metal (obviously) though mostly the more extreme genres like Death, Black and combinations of the two.
Retrowave/Outrun/Synthwave. Massively into Dance With the Dead, Perturbator, and Carpenter Brut.
Some Hip-Hop/Rap though none of the popular shit, and mostly the old stuff.
Classical music, but mostly Vivaldi, Mozart, Chopin and Beethoven.
Some disco and funk. (Earth, Wind & Fire, Boney M etc.)
80's pop music like Bonnie Tyler, Kim Wilde, Cynthia, Brixx, Exposé etc.
Uptempo needs to die
Morbid_Angel (36)
State Native

Postby mercenary » 29 Nov 2018, 10:14

lilfrenchidiot:However, my main pleasure besides Hardcore these days is that new Trapmetal stuff (not an official name) : check out artists like Scarlxrd, some XXXTentacion (RIP) tracks like Rip Roach or Caution, Ghostemane, City Morgue (and their solo aliases ZillaKami and SosMula) and so on :)

Last Saturday I played hardcore on a witch house party (or at least that's what I was told what it was :D) and that's where I heard the Hungarian equivalent of these. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOv2pLG_1E)
There was even an XXXTentacion remembrance DJ set there.

Thanks for the recommendations btw, it's really cool, I only knew some Russians like IC3PEAK so far with a sound similar to these.
mercenary
State Tourist

Postby mercenary » 29 Nov 2018, 10:18

Morbid_Angel:Metal (obviously)

Classical metal is not my cup of tea, but experimental ones like The Algorithm is. It's really cool how Rémi bends genres within each of his tracks. :)
mercenary
State Tourist

Postby The Convicted » 29 Nov 2018, 23:01

mercenary:Last Saturday I played hardcore on a witch house party (or at least that's what I was told what it was :D) and that's where I heard the Hungarian equivalent of these. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOv2pLG_1E)
There was even an XXXTentacion remembrance DJ set there.

I actually expected worse after opening that link :+ But it's sad I hardly find enjoyable Hungarian rap stuff.
The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Postby mercenary » 30 Nov 2018, 11:50

The Convicted:I actually expected worse after opening that link :+ But it's sad I hardly find enjoyable Hungarian rap stuff.

Should I notify you next time when I play on a party like this? ;)
mercenary
State Tourist

Postby SKRWD » 30 Nov 2018, 12:34

I’m not a Hardcore only listener but I really like Crossbreed and Industrial Hardcore. Besides that and obviously Hardstyle I also listen to a lot of Dubstep, Neurofunk and Techstep.

The Convicted:But it's sad I hardly find enjoyable Hungarian rap stuff.

What about ESSEMM and BSW?
SKRWD (25)
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 29 Dec 2018, 21:46

^ Not sure how much you know them but it's far away from my taste lyrics-wise... I'd rather say Bëlga instead, because of the satiric content. So if you ask any Hungarian guys around about them, don't be surprised if they give you a laugh at first time after mentioning ;D
The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles