Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General Opinion vs. Hardstyle

Postby nikkita » 01 Jun 2012, 17:23

Johnny250:c`mon guys don`t you know that both, Neo-Nazis and "Gabbers" copied that style from the Skinheadscene!

The only thing similar with the regular gabber and a skinhead is the shaved head. No skinhead would be caught dead in those tacky colourful track suits that look like the Zack Morris special from "Saved By The Bell" and expect to be taken seriously. The racist gabbers though, looked extremely similar to the normal skins even back in to the 60s: jeans, bomber jacket, shaved head.

They still kept the same look, it seems.

Ah, and one other thing: neo-nazis also ruined the skinhead movement for the skinheads. Hence why most (if not all people) associate skinheads in general with neo-nazis, despite the origins.
sic transit gloria mundi
nikkita
Vocalist

Postby Snugens » 01 Aug 2012, 09:01

"Dubstep" seems to be the new "Techno" as in it seems to be the new word people use to over-generalize EDM as a whole (or its the only genre they have ever heard of, neither would surprise me o_O ), people would give you a confused face whenever you mention any other kind of Electronica like dnb, house, (happy) hardcore, hardstyle, trance.

Good side of that is it makes the real fans more special when you do come across them.
Snugens
State Citizen

Postby R3cl41m3r » 31 Oct 2012, 01:57

People who know absolutely nothing about EDM refer to everything in EDM as "Techno" or "Dubstep" (Hell, I did it too when I first heard Hardstyle), and some people think Gabber, Hardstyle and Early Hardstyle are the same thing. Then there's these ACTUAL gabber fans who see Hardstyle like the general public sees Justin Beiber or One Direction, because all they see is the cheesy, mainstream shit that Scooter makes. They would probably laugh if I mentioned "Rawstyle" to them.

Also, here's a quote. I know most of you don't like Coone, but.....
DJ Coone - Words From The Gang:I don't understand people who are satisfied with ordinary pop music. They just listen to whatever radio stations decide they SHOULD like, followed by an overkill of ringtone commercials meant for kids. And my god, they like it.
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Location: Australia (au) The place where everything can kill you.

Postby Vicious » 31 Oct 2012, 02:05

^ actually that is Mr.Eyez quote :p
Vicious
State Hero

Postby hardstyler92 » 31 Oct 2012, 02:41

Double-T:My question is : What's you guys opinion about that?
And why do you think the harder styles are associated with nazism and far right politics?

yes they are .especially hardcore .depends on the country but some have a stronger connection than others.
hardstyler92 (26)
State Celebrity

Postby R3cl41m3r » 31 Oct 2012, 03:13

hardstyler92:
And why do you think the harder styles are associated with nazism and far right politics?

yes they are .especially hardcore .depends on the country but some have a stronger connection than others.

On the bright side, Hardcore has DJs of various skin colours & many tracks that speak out against racism & fascism, which is a perfect alibi for us.

Also, I'm a little worried about a potential idealogical barrier for Hardcore here in Australia, mainly because of Nasenbluten.....
"If you want to assert a truth, first make sure it's not just an opinion that you desperately want to be true."
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Vicious » 31 Oct 2012, 04:15

Musugorotsuki:
hardstyler92:

Also, I'm a little worried about a potential idealogical barrier for Hardcore here in Australia, mainly because of Nasenbluten.....

What do you mean? and what does a little known industrial group that haven't released anything for 10+ years got to do with it?
Vicious
State Hero

Postby Aztecz » 31 Oct 2012, 09:12

EDM in America is starting to make a name for itself. I see more and more new faces out at parties. But most people only listen to electro house, dubstep, and the occasional DnB track. Other than that theres only a small portion of people in america who listen to any type of "hard" dance music. Most of them haven't been introduced to it yet, but i still get weird looks from my friends when i put anything hard on. Eh, what are you gonna do about it? (H)
Aztecz (25)
State Tourist

Postby R3cl41m3r » 01 Nov 2012, 01:14

Vicious:
Musugorotsuki:
hardstyler92:

What do you mean? and what does a little known industrial group that haven't released anything for 10+ years got to do with it?

.......Actually, nevermind.
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Kogeki » 21 Nov 2012, 23:31

People(that i know for years) mostly know me as a metal music listener,but new ppl knows me as electronic-music listener.For 99% they think about radio-related shit.
I think that "dubstep" is the new "techno" term... I played to my friend some artcore/gabber stuff and he said "ooo,dubstep beating!" >.>,but at another time i played him some of power/early hardstyle stuff(precisely Ed E.T. & D.T.R - Hard Bass Bitch) and he liked it,but don't showed any interest.
I have Headhunterz ft. Brennan Heart - The MF Point Of Perfection mainpart for ringtone,i was returning from school,sitting at the bus with some of my friends.I was with headphones,listened some acid and don't show many interest about their talks xD And my phone ringed,one "intelligent" guy said that is techno and from this time some persons asked me that can i send them it ;p
And about dubstep...:
Friend: Do you like dubstep?
Me: Yes,i pretty liking it.What producers are you listen?
F: Skillrex...
For me it's stupidity :'(
And i showed some time ago some mainstream hardcore to my friends from school.(precisely it was Mad Dog & Anime - Hardcore Machine) and...my friend downloaded it to his phone,played at central point of school and started dancing >.< No bigger interest as usual.
But a good point is that about 5 from my friends by me knows what is (mainstream)hardcore :)
From happiest to darkest!
Sorry if i make any mistakes,nobody is perfect.
Kogeki (19)
State Tourist

Postby R3cl41m3r » 22 Nov 2012, 01:01

I might work up some confidence to play Industrial HC to my parents, firstly to see the reaction, and secondly so they can finally hear what I listen to on a daily basis. :+
-Neil DeGrasse Tyson
R3cl41m3r (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 22 Nov 2012, 01:14

Musugorotsuki:I might work up some confidence to play Industrial HC to my parents, firstly to see the reaction, and secondly so they can finally hear what I listen to on a daily basis. :+

In the cat, ask if you can pop in a CD and just let it rill :D
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby SCH » 22 Nov 2012, 21:16

Musugorotsuki:I might work up some confidence to play Industrial HC to my parents, firstly to see the reaction, and secondly so they can finally hear what I listen to on a daily basis. :+

Enzyme X - Kegadoru please _O-
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (27)
Producer

Postby Holder » 15 Apr 2015, 02:36

f*ck yeah I'm posting in 2015 hu3 hu3.

No but seriously, you got 2 types of people here

The first type is the type that listens to whatever the crap the radio and music channels and etc feed them.
These types of people usually say they've always liked it , and it annoys me so much... if you show them harder genres like metal or hardstyle or stuff like that, it's the typical reaction "Oh get that noise shit of me". The funny thing about the whole situation is that there was this one time that I was on a marathon in a military base. And they hired some people to play music, so everything is going as expected , they play what's hot in the moment. Stuff like martin garrix, w&w and etc. But then you know what I heard? The intro to some headhunterz & w&W track (I think), well the kick wasn't very close to hardstyle, but I heard no complaints whatsoever about the music. Why? Because they eat whatever the fuck they feed them... It was so funny but at the same time so frustrating... and again it wasn't that close to a genuine hardstyle kick but it was similar...

The second type of people are the ones who listen to whatever they like and couldn't care less about what other people think of them because of it. Some of the people I know listen to metal, but they usually avoid listening to hardstyle because they say the tracks are a little bit to loud and hard for them.

Oh and I actually forgot, there's another type of people who listen to harder genres only because they want to be diferent, they might not even like the shit, they just listen to it because they wanna be diferent, which makes me want to slap them in the face.

As for what people usually think of these genres... it's the most stupid and biased opinions you could of ever hear

Anything closely related to metal - Satanic music
Hardstyle/Hardcore etc etc - Drug addicts

Yeah it pisses me off, I could go on and on and rant about how people think they're musical genre is superior to the rest because of this and that, well guess what smartasses, there's no such thing as a genre that sucks, or a genre that's superior. There is such a thing as an artist that makes shitty said genre tracks. For example, pop is a great genre, but of course it's ruined today because of people like bieber or miley or one direction or whataver the fuck. I mean there's people who like extratone, if they like it who the hell am I to tell them it sucks, I mean of course it does sound strange to me how they like it, but I'm in the same position (since hardstyle/hardcore listeners couldn't be less of a minority, I mean literally, if there is such a thing as the smallest musical genre here, it's definately HDM) when it comes to other people criticizing on how only people on drugs could go to a party that plays pum pum pum for 10 hours straight... oh well, but as george carlin said "Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"... and I guess this goes for music as well
Raw kicks should sound like spitting something furiously followed by the sound of dogs barking
Holder
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles