Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Kick Topic (Give feedback before posting yours)

Sound design and production in general

Postby alan1 » 22 Feb 2012, 16:07

psychosis:@Aliner: great, great kick imo, nice drive in it. I like that bass part that fades in the middle of the kick - not sure if u just crossfaded it or it came naturally :) (that's the kind of kick that I'd like to achieve btw :P)
@Taranta: also nice kick, kind of psyko punkz style
@Heineken: it sounds unfinished a bit (but already very good)
@overheat: I like it, just maybe a slight boost in high-end
@Skephyz: sounds pretty clean, but I would distort punch a little more
@alan1: yeah.. bass... and? :P

and here's my try - made it very quickly so it's not yet finished (punch needs some work for sure). I want some feedback on the distortion part the most ;)

Question is, how i can fix it? ofcourse it should all bars have so powerful like the first ones :D:D
Taranta,

I heard it so clearly if i put more f-king 2 punch layers... thhhhh
alan1
State Tourist

Postby Taranta » 22 Feb 2012, 16:25

@Alan1 I am not saying there isn't any punch at all! Try comparing it to other people and maybe you can hear the difference. I this time downloaded it and put my volume up and there is a punch, but you almost can´t hear it "stand-out" from the bass.
@Psychosis Nice distortion, I like it.
Taranta
State Citizen

Postby alan1 » 22 Feb 2012, 16:44

Taranta:@Alan1 I am not saying there isn't any punch at all! Try comparing it to other people and maybe you can hear the difference. I this time downloaded it and put my volume up and there is a punch, but you almost can´t hear it "stand-out" from the bass.
@Psychosis Nice distortion, I like it.

What i can do then, Aliner tried to explain to me how to sidechain punch with bass but i tried and still there is no result -.- is there more things how i balance it or smth?
Edit: plus i need fix the bass because first 4 bars it sounds like there is punch but there have no punch in bass -.- or mby its normal, i just hear it like the bass layer what i uploaded has a punch in four bars :D.

Edit 2x:
It got in my nerves, so i tried to get bass volume to 30% so i tried to rise it till it sounds balanced

If ya still cant hear the punch then my ears is f-ed up :D
alan1
State Tourist

Postby Taranta » 22 Feb 2012, 17:18

@Alan1 It's better now.Still you need to work on the sound of it to make it stronger (the sound of it makes it looks like there is no attack i guess). It is better balanced though. Also the bass has to be improved (more low and add or change distortion/ eq and maybe try to make a little 'gap' between the punch and the bass)Then put it together so it still sounds good. Because otherwise it just sounds like a 4-step punch with just a 4-step bass under it. It has to be one sound. Hope I dont go too far now :p
Taranta
State Citizen

Postby alan1 » 22 Feb 2012, 18:27

"maybe try to make a little 'gap' between the punch and the bass)Then put it together so it still sounds good. Because otherwise it just sounds like a 4-step punch with just a 4-step bass under it. It has to be one sound. Hope I dont go too far now "

everything you said in here i did not understand
gap?
it sounds like 4 step punch with 4 step bass?? how it need to sound then? 3 step bass 4 punch ?:D :D :D
what you mean one sound, it all sounds like its "one sound" because the kick, punch, tail starts the same time and ends too in one time, only the bass bar is little bit smaller than tail and punch bar because the bass needs a "pause moment" too, or what you think?

Im not professional 10 year FL user so maybe you can explain it with more easier words?
alan1
State Tourist

Postby Raw Output » 22 Feb 2012, 18:53

@alan

Raw Output (27)
Producer

Postby thesh3ll » 22 Feb 2012, 18:57

@alan1 also, you need to realise that the punch shouldn't have such short decay, your punch is most likely too short, I would suggest to try and rip a good kick and then compare the length of the punch from the ripped kick with your punch
thesh3ll (29)
Producer

Postby Mystral » 22 Feb 2012, 19:44

Taranta:@Mystral In other words: layer your punch more but be carefull don't over-do it. Take examples from other punches you like a lot. Also add some bass. And maybe improve the distortion a bit more. Hope you understand me a bit ;)

Yeah thanks, gonna try this then !!!
Label manager @ Invaders Records.
Mystral (27)
State Citizen

Postby Jay » 22 Feb 2012, 19:51

Edited the tail and sub's :)
Jay (26)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby Cardioid » 22 Feb 2012, 19:53

Jay:Edited the tail and sub's :)

Kick is good, but looks like it's flanging like hell?
Cardioid (31)
State Native

Postby Jay » 22 Feb 2012, 20:08

Mh weird, friend told me something similiar. But can't hear anything with the headphones at the moment. need to check later with monitors :D!
Thanks for the feedback :)
Jay (26)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby zerot » 22 Feb 2012, 20:58

Hello ive tried to pitch a kick that i made.. give feedback good or negative its all good:D

zerot
State Outsider

Postby Cardioid » 22 Feb 2012, 21:09

Jay:Mh weird, friend told me something similiar. But can't hear anything with the headphones at the moment. need to check later with monitors :D!
Thanks for the feedback :)

Maybe you've eq'ed too many mid high freq's.... i would check that out...
Or just too many chorus if you're using that...
Cardioid (31)
State Native

Postby Fong » 23 Feb 2012, 01:40

@zerot nice and snappy, i would tweak the tail a little and add a little more punch in the beginning

I think its too hardcore, opinions plz ;)
Fong (29)
State Newcomer

Postby paahhh » 23 Feb 2012, 02:07

@fong It does sound a bit hardcore-ish but a little more eqing and it should sound ok.

I never got any feedback on my kick so here it is again. I tweeked a little more. Tell me what you guys think! :D

paahhh (24)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles