Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Streaming from CDJs

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Diamanic » 13 Nov 2011, 22:01

Hey all,

I have a short simple question: How do I stream from my CDJ's to (f. ex.) listen2myradio.com or livestream.com?

My mixer is connected to my M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but I have no idea how to get it aired!

if anyone could help that would be great :)

cheers,

Dia
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby Ferren » 13 Nov 2011, 23:30

Erhm, don't really understand the question(s).
You can't stream from your CDJ, but you need to connect them to your mixer then to your computer.
You must connect the cable between the mixer and the computer to the "Line in" slot. Then you activate The sound of "Line in" on your soundcard/program
Soundcloud Facebook
"Thunderdome till we die!"
Ferren (34)
Producer

Postby Subject Zero » 13 Nov 2011, 23:31

Hmm honestly do not know. I would have thought that you connect the mixer to your PC for it to work

Also how do you connect your mixer to your Fast Track Pro?
Subject Zero (27)
State Hero

Postby Ferren » 13 Nov 2011, 23:41

Stuart:Also how do you connect your mixer to your Fast Track Pro?

Damn, didn't think of that program.... damn it, im to old school :P
Soundcloud Facebook
"Thunderdome till we die!"
Ferren (34)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 14 Nov 2011, 00:45

Apothecary:Erhm, don't really understand the question(s).
You can't stream from your CDJ, but you need to connect them to your mixer then to your computer.
You must connect the cable between the mixer and the computer to the "Line in" slot. Then you activate The sound of "Line in" on your soundcard/program

Ahh my bad, I meant of course: streaming with DJ-gear (so mixer yes) ;)

Well, about that: I have a MacBook (Pro) so it has no line-in slot! (well I cant find one :+ )

Stuart:Hmm honestly do not know. I would have thought that you connect the mixer to your PC for it to work

I've connected the mixer to my Fast Track Pro with a cable ( :+ ) it goes from the master out to the phantom-inserts on the front of Fast Track Pro (6,3mm Jack plug). From there on it goes to my KrK's.

My soundcardprogram itself doesnt work since I run bootcamp on my macbook, so its invaled. Also on the macpart is still doesnt work correctly. There is sound, and that's it. Only in Windows I can adjust things like samplerate and such. Hate M-Audio for that
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 16 Nov 2011, 11:18

Nobody can help me out? ( I hate to ask again) :O
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 16 Nov 2011, 17:32

You need WinAmp and some sort of Plug-In if I'm correct. Some google work should help you out :)
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 17 Nov 2011, 13:48

yeah I found that :) Works with Shoutcast. I have Shoutcast connected to a streamingsite (listen2myradio.com) but I cant get the input in (thats the main problem). Will try to test out further tonight, but if anyone has tips;)
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 17 Nov 2011, 14:31

Diamanic:yeah I found that :) Works with Shoutcast. I have Shoutcast connected to a streamingsite (listen2myradio.com) but I cant get the input in (thats the main problem). Will try to test out further tonight, but if anyone has tips;)

So, you don't have any input at all? And you have selected the right input channel?
If so, try updating the drivers of your soundcard, works pretty often in such cases.
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 17 Nov 2011, 14:39

well there is! Winamp also clearly shows that there is input (parameters moving on the beat, if you know what I mean). But as soon as I start to broadcast, its like there's nothing happening, even though there is sound coming from my monitors. Really weird. I've updated my driver last week, so I don't think that could be the problem? :O
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 17 Nov 2011, 15:06

Nah, that would be the problem if you didn't receive a signal at all...
Did you select the right imput source in shoutcast?
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 17 Nov 2011, 15:32

Well it has different lines, but I can't check it right now since I am not home right now..I will check it out tonight, you might wanna do this convo through PM instead of here? ;)
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby D-Verze » 17 Nov 2011, 16:08

Diamanic:Well it has different lines, but I can't check it right now since I am not home right now..I will check it out tonight, you might wanna do this convo through PM instead of here? ;)

Why should you do it through PM? There might be more ppl with the same problem, should be useful for them to know what to check, right?
Connect with D-Verze
Image Image Image Image
D-Verze (26)
Producer

Postby Diamanic » 17 Nov 2011, 16:21

True story, bit selfish to think that :)
Diamanic (28)
Producer

Postby Subject Zero » 20 Nov 2011, 19:08

Diamanic:
Stuart:Hmm honestly do not know. I would have thought that you connect the mixer to your PC for it to work

I've connected the mixer to my Fast Track Pro with a cable ( :+ ) it goes from the master out to the phantom-inserts on the front of Fast Track Pro (6,3mm Jack plug). From there on it goes to my KrK's.

The old cables i was using before must be broken, got myself a new set today and this works, thanks :)
Subject Zero (27)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles