Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Headphones vs Speakers.

All about Software and Hardware (Shared HS/HC)

Postby ljk32 » 12 Mar 2011, 09:24

I'm sort of new to producing hardstyle but I am really dedicated to it and want to get somewhere from making it. My problem is that I can't really have speakers because my family complains about the noise, so I will probably have to get headphones. But i would still like to know overall what is better, headphones or speakers. And would you also be able to tell me the goods and bads of each. One last thing, would you tell me the best of the best headphones/speakers to get. Not to be rude, but could you only reply if you know what your talking about and are pretty experienced. I know I am asking for A LOT but you don't understand how much i will appreciate it if you guys help me out.

Thank you SOOOOO much in advance (H)
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby malicious_kode » 12 Mar 2011, 14:22

Okay, I'll tell you exactly which speakers are universally agreed upon as the best. But first, you must help me with a problem I have. I'm buying a new car soon, but I can't decide what to get. I want to know... which one is the best? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Now, headphones vs speakers (you only get the short answer until you solve my car dilemma)- Here is a random assortment of studio pics:

Not a set of headphones in sight. Not only that, but each setup features not one, but several pairs of different monitors. Now, while a massive compilation of no less then four Google Images cannot be offered as definitive proof of anything, it certainly illustrates a trend in the implementation of monitoring systems by various users.
Hopefully this will go some way towards answering that part of your question.
No kick topics, no exceptions.
For kick-related stuff use the topics in the red text above. #n00bz4eVar
malicious_kode
State Celebrity

Postby Ferren » 12 Mar 2011, 14:27

I use headphones, and I know many producers who use it without any problems.
However, I wouldn't suggest that you master your tracks in headphones, real speakers is needed for that, atleast in my own experience.
Ferren (35)
Producer

Postby ljk32 » 12 Mar 2011, 14:48

Wow thanks a lot for the help... This means I have to tell my family to deal with hardstyle or leave the house :D
And with your car dilema, u can get any car u want, but it has to have the BEST speakers for blasting hardstyle :P
Have fun and thanks a lot. Also this is quite obvious considering all the information you have given, but do any of the professional hardstyle producers use headphones?I assume not.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Subject Zero » 13 Mar 2011, 00:17

I use both, since in reality most of us cannot play hardstyle through speakers at 2am in the morning

Late at night i use my Sennheiser HD 25's, since now i lie in bed and use my laptop to come up with ideas for tracks etc. Then during the day, i use speakers for actually creating the sounds. (and like Apothecary said, i wouldnt mixdown/master with headphones its a bad idea)

So basically get a decent pair of studio speakers. They are essential for any serious producer, and well worth the money
Subject Zero (28)
State Hero

Postby ljk32 » 13 Mar 2011, 00:24

But if I'm going to have to use headphones, would they be limiting me in any way? Because I'm not just gonna be planning songs with them like you, i'll be having to make them with the headphones. And another question...your probably gonna be like omg what an idiot but i'm sorta new to producing, anyways what is mixdown/mastering.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Q-Rater » 13 Mar 2011, 04:17

@Malicious :P
Q-Rater (25)
State Native

Postby Roby31 » 13 Mar 2011, 19:26

You obviously meant Image
Roby31 (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Q-Rater » 14 Mar 2011, 10:56

Your kidding right? Look at that ugly stock spoiler on that lancer.
Nothing beats a skyline.
Q-Rater (25)
State Native

Postby ljk32 » 14 Mar 2011, 11:33

It's gone from headphones to skylines :rofl:
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Vioda » 14 Mar 2011, 11:45

ljk32:It's gone from headphones to skylines :rofl:
Vioda (35)
Producer

Postby Nekro » 15 Mar 2011, 13:24

I prefer using both headphones and speakers. I don't own any good equipment though. 50% speakers and 50% headphones. I feel like there's more control over panning and stereo stuff in headhpones.
Nekro (28)
State Citizen

Postby Doolittle » 15 Mar 2011, 19:35

I use both, doesn't really matter for me..;)

And @malicious ...

Want a proper car?:
Doolittle
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles