Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Do you listen to any other genres?

All other music besides Hardstyle & Hardcore

Postby Deaftone » 27 Feb 2012, 13:20

Other than say, hardcore, hard trance, hard dance etc?

Just curious as to whether I'm missing out on any other nice music! For me, I've recently discovered liquid drum & bass, its really chilled out music with subtle melodies throughout, see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IoaKtjw0dM

I also really used to like Industrial just before I discovered hardstyle, and recently started listening again, see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguvgQUR7go

However, 90% of the music I still listen to is hardstyle, I'm yet to find another genre that gives me the same feeling!
Last edited by atomicoz on 27 Feb 2012, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: General Hs Discussions => Other Music
Deaftone (30)
State Newcomer

Postby MarlboroMan » 27 Feb 2012, 13:43

MarlboroMan (28)
Global Mod

Postby Reverse Ghost » 27 Feb 2012, 16:11

DUBstep (The more Dub Reggae sounding stuff), VG music, 8-bit sometimes, ambient sometimes, Video Game music, a little bit of Classical, but that's only about 5% of my library.
Reverse Ghost (26)
State Legend

Postby TheDiscoFan » 27 Feb 2012, 17:49

Drum&Bass, Dubstep, Hip-Hop and Metal(/Punk). I love especially progressive & hard stuff ;)
TheDiscoFan (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Lifterz » 27 Feb 2012, 18:25

I listen to rock,metal,metalcore,deathcore,trance,ambient,psytrance, its just in what mood i am in, i dont care pretty much what people say i listen to almost any genere
Lifterz (25)
State Native

Postby Future Shokk » 27 Feb 2012, 20:57

Only harder edged music for me ^^
Future Shokk (35)
Global Mod

Postby Esox » 27 Feb 2012, 21:40

Well Hardcore is the only one I couldn't live without.

For sure it's 95 % at least of my library.

Anyway I like Neurofunk, it blows the brain, specially when I'm snowboarding. It fits perfect to a serious off-slopes ride :listen:
I would mention a bit of rock too, but really few groups. As an example I would say Rage Against the Machines, or System Of A Down.
I don't like hip hop, anyway I listen from time to time to Eminem. It depends on the mood in fact, but he's the only one who's got lyrics that talk to me, with some kind of fun sometimes, some darker ones sometimes. He's not just always singing "I'm the richest rapper", or "I come from the gettho", and other stuff like that that rappers usually do.
I've got some other things like a little touch of reggae. I usually listen to it in spring, when the sun is starting to warm again. Dunno why but that's often the time when I listen to reggae.
A few more things are even rarer in my ears, but the fact is it always depends on the mood at the moment, and if I'm alone or not, because people around me don't listen to hardcore music or hardest styles of electronic music, so... :dunno:
Esox (37)
Producer

Postby ceero » 28 Feb 2012, 03:24

listening mostly to folk metal, folk rock and folk music in general (stuff like this, )
Also some indie rock, nu-metal, getting a bit into punk lately too, but not that much. and from electronic stuff, trance has always been my huge love but lately i just cant find much new interesting stuff (or better to say none). dunno if its me growing up from it or the whole genre going shit, perhaps both. also like some dnb, some PROPER non wobbly dubstep like Digital Mystikz/Mala stuff, some minimalish deep/tech/proghouse like Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha or John Digweed too. A tiny bit of techno too, never found myself in hardcore on the other hand (i only like Unexist...)
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby diesal11 » 28 Feb 2012, 05:08

ceero:listening mostly to folk metal

REALLY off topic, but am I the only one who found Eluveities new album mixed HORRIBLY?
I.E. All the folk instruments were too quiet in the mix.
https://www.facebook.com/syndromeofficial
DirtyTok:Ohh Diesal you little Tweeke slut
diesal11 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Obsidia » 28 Feb 2012, 06:33

Dubstep (Excision, Datsik, Downlink, Funtcase, Genetix)
EBM/Industrial/Synthpop (Mind.In.A.Box, Blutengel, Apoptygma Berzerk, Flesh Field)
Metal (Deathcore/Metalcore & Symphonic Metal)
Soundtracks
Obsidia (30)
Producer

Postby Matt » 28 Feb 2012, 13:43

I'm mostly into Classic Trance, House, Dubstep (Stuff like Noisia, Excision, Feed Me...), Hardcore & Industrial, prefer Industrial these days such as Sei2ure or The Oustside Agency :)
Also old rock
Matt (25)
State Celebrity

Postby John Cove » 28 Feb 2012, 14:13

Progressive House (Hard Rock Sofa, Dada Life etc..), Dubstep (Excision, Noisia), Hardtrance (Thilo & Evanti, Andrea Montorsi) and everything that sounds good to me :)
John Cove (32)
Crab

Postby SCH » 28 Feb 2012, 14:25

ceero:never found myself in hardcore on the other hand (i only like Unexist...)

Ever tried Tymon or Day-Mar?
I'm grumpier than you.

Do people even read these?
SCH (28)
Producer

Postby DjVero » 28 Feb 2012, 16:29

Trance, R&B, House, some pop music or (commercial) dubstep every now and then. My interest in especially EDM is pretty broad :D However, there are also genres I totally cannot stand :fist:
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (31)
Crab

Postby Subject Zero » 28 Feb 2012, 19:40

I listen to a lot of Metalcore, old rap/hip-hop, some trance.

Getting into liquid DnB & Ambient these days too :)
Subject Zero (28)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles