Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

What are you currently reading?

Postby Doctor Dave » 01 Sep 2015, 19:42

read about 10 Jack Reacher stories, 2 David Raker and an Inspector Maclean in the last few months :)
Doctor Dave (30)
Producer

Postby Reflex F.N. » 11 Nov 2015, 19:53

I was reading The Stand by Stephen King and I was really enjoying it, but now I got an assignment for a course that I'm attending to read a book "7 Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. Well, it sounds like an interesting book, but I wish I could continue The Stand. :(
Reflex F.N. (22)
State Citizen

Postby bassfaceBAM » 17 Dec 2015, 03:48

Reflex F.N.:I was reading The Stand by Stephen King and I was really enjoying it, but now I got an assignment for a course that I'm attending to read a book "7 Habits Of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey. Well, it sounds like an interesting book, but I wish I could continue The Stand. :(

The Stand is a fantastic book. If you like Stephen King try the Dark Tower series. Without a doubt my favourite book series. I go through phases where in the space of a few months I'll read 3 or more novels but I can be a slow reader and tend to read full chapters twice to take it all in. I haven't read anything in ages, tend to be reading graphic novels right now last one being Batman Death of The Family which was the best batman story I have read since Black Mirror
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby The Convicted » 29 Apr 2018, 13:52

Need to reactive this topic as well :)

Read three novels lately:
Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse-Five, or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death
Dostoevsky - Notes From Underground
Hamsun - Hunger
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby ceero » 29 Apr 2018, 14:18

J. R. Tolkien - Beren and Luthien
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi - Flow
Jack Kerouac - On The Road

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 29 Apr 2018, 14:24

Started reading some books about Middle East geopolitics which is my favorite topic to read and talk about :)
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Gyldenløwe » 27 Jun 2018, 07:35

Før og etter Wirkola -
Norsk Hoppsport fra 1940-1990

Before and after Wirkola -
Norwegian Ski Jumping from 1940-1990
"Everyone has an ego, mine is just bigger...and better" - Gyldenløwe
Gyldenløwe (28)
State Native

Postby mrcax5 » 27 Jun 2018, 09:54

few days ago I finished reading 12 Rules for Life by Jordan B. Peterson. Really fantastic book. Now started to read Start Where You Are by Chris Gardner, and I can say I love it so far.
The DJ spins a galaxy of black vinyl, for the gods that came to dance!

Hard Island '15 '16 '17| Defqon.1 '18 | Qlimax '15 '16 '17 | Freaqshow '17 | HardBass '18 | Reverze '18
mrcax5 (25)
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 08 Sep 2018, 11:16

Finished Orwell's 1984 a few times, also Bulgakov's Heart Of The Dog, but I didn't quite like the second book for the time, I feel like it has much more potential for a longer story :/
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby DjVero » 12 Sep 2018, 18:36

Hjorth Rosenfeldt - The Test. I don't know if this is the proper English translation. I've read all four other books from them as well and they're really nice :)
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Lancer21 » 26 Sep 2018, 15:35

Right now, I'm working, so everything I'm reading are articles like that...

I swear I'm just looking at stuff about investments in real estate, residency and rents, boss, I'm totally not reading music forums at work :p

Edit : The Convicted, I've read The Heart of a Dog as well, it sure felt like there could be more development to that story, but I still enjoyed it a lot ; have you watched the Soviet movie adaptation as well?
Lancer21
State Outsider

Postby Emre » 26 Sep 2018, 16:07

The ingredients of the back of my cup a soup bag.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby solarized » 26 Sep 2018, 17:02

I've started reading the Jack Reacher books. Halfway through the first one but left it in a hotel 120 miles away! :sick: picking it up this weekend though.

I've been reading the Dan Brown books from the start though. Read Digital Fortress which is so saccharin and American but strangely addictive. Now reading Deception Point. Then I'm going to start on the Robert Langdon ones. I've already read Angels & Demons and seen Da Vinci Code but i'll read them all again in order.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (34)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles