Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Hardstyle producer/sound designer from NY Queens

Postby bloodlord1989 » 15 Jul 2014, 03:54

Hey everyone. I just joined today after hearing about this site on youtube. I'm from New york city and no one really listens to Hardstyle here or knows what it is sadly. I've been a music producer for about 14 years or so on and off, but now i'm getting more serious about it. I got into making edm songs when i was about 12 on music generator for ps 1 arranging already made beats, then when i got older went on techno ejay and dance ejay creating my own beats from already made sounds and got more into producing video game music. Then i found out about fl studios and i started making songs a lot better. I still produced video game music till i herd hardstyle about 2 or 3 years ago and tried making a hardstyle track and most came out to be video game music. So i got into sound design a little bit and stopped using presets and samples making my own hardstyle kicks which didn't sound so great using distortion,filter or phaser,eq, distortion and .ect. About 2 to 3 months ago i got heavy into sound design using fm and additive/subtraction synthesis. My songs as of recently have been evolving as i learn more on sound design and i don't make my Hardstyle kicks the same way anymore and they sound a lot better. Now that i know a lot more of what i'm doing I've been working on experiments creating a growling (neuro) Hardstyle kick and a new type of style. I have about 8 demo tracks on my sound cloud nothing really special yet in my opinion. If you want to check them out just ask and i'll pm you the link. I'm not putting the link on here because this is just an introduction of who i am and what i do not my songs. It's great to be here since I don't really know anyone into Hardstyle which is my biggest passion as of recent.
bloodlord1989
State Newcomer

Postby Zoomx » 15 Jul 2014, 04:34

Im from Long island :O , Welcome!
Zoomx
State Newcomer

Postby DjVero » 15 Jul 2014, 12:44

Welcome to the forum man
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (31)
Crab

Postby zANIK » 15 Jul 2014, 14:50

Hey man, welcome! :)
zANIK (20)
State Newcomer

Postby bloodlord1989 » 16 Jul 2014, 10:14

Zoomx:Im from Long island :O , Welcome!

You know any who listens to Hardstyle in NY or know of Hardstyle events/clubs in NY?
bloodlord1989
State Newcomer

Postby Zoomx » 17 Jul 2014, 00:17

bloodlord1989:

You know any who listens to Hardstyle in NY or know of Hardstyle events/clubs in NY?

My buddy likes hardstyle but thats about it, everyone likes Spinnin records where i live. They think anything that sounds electronic is dubstep, its pretty sad. Like id play a hardstyle song and my friend would be like "Is that dubstep?" I do not know any clubs that play it either, when i get to it ill try to mix hardstyle at a place near me but thats if i get stuff to do it.
Zoomx
State Newcomer

Postby bloodlord1989 » 17 Jul 2014, 06:33

Zoomx:
bloodlord1989:

My buddy likes hardstyle but thats about it, everyone likes Spinnin records where i live. They think anything that sounds electronic is dubstep, its pretty sad. Like id play a hardstyle song and my friend would be like "Is that dubstep?" I do not know any clubs that play it either, when i get to it ill try to mix hardstyle at a place near me but thats if i get stuff to do it.

lol dubstep. They did add vowel growls in hardstyle these recent years that dubstep uses and there is actually a genre called Dubstyle so maybe thats why. Hardstyle needs to be more popular here in the states, it's still underground here sadly. I also like Hardcore,but not happy hardcore because i think it sounds like being in a circus and it's too happy.
bloodlord1989
State Newcomer

Postby DjVero » 17 Jul 2014, 14:24

Zoomx:
bloodlord1989:

Play them Noisecontrollers & Pavelow - Quatre Mains :+
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (31)
Crab

Postby Zoomx » 17 Jul 2014, 21:35

bloodlord1989:
Zoomx:
bloodlord1989:You know any who listens to Hardstyle in NY or know of Hardstyle events/clubs in NY?

lol dubstep. They did add vowel growls in hardstyle these recent years that dubstep uses and there is actually a genre called Dubstyle so maybe thats why. Hardstyle needs to be more popular here in the states, it's still underground here sadly. I also like Hardcore,but not happy hardcore because i think it sounds like being in a circus and it's too happy.

I like hardcore also, but the people near me listen to Spinnin records, thats it.
Zoomx
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles