(You can't hide all the genres)

Ran-D - The Reawakening (Qlimax 2021 Anthem) [Q-Dance]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby 123098man » 14 Oct 2021, 07:13

I miss Chris Corley :/
123098man (28)
State Native

Postby Reverse Ghost » 14 Oct 2021, 08:37

First off, those youtube comments are trash. A dark theme in Qlimax? Not since 2007 or maybe 2013 :rofl: :rofl:
The vocals are beautiful, I love the singer's work and what Ran-D did with them like at 2:10.
The high tempo is pretty unusual for a Qlimax anthem though, this sounds more like a Defqon 1 or Reverze anthem imo. It's MUCH better than the 2013 anthem, that's for sure. I love the second climax and the different kicks used, not in a nauseating way like Raw does. Hardcore part is a bit weird though as ceero put it.
I can see why some don't like the Hardcore part at the end, but I do think it fits in a way. Qlimax has always been a party for Hardstyle first and foremost of course, but it also had a Hardcore closing since 2003, and I feel like a Hardcore last climax is fitting in that way. I'm not sure if it's really worth having in the official anthem video, it would have been much better to keep that part as a surprise for the live play at the event itself :fist:
It's definitely not my favorite anthem from the past 5 years, that honor goes to the Wildstylez anthem still. This isn't bad though, I liked it a lot :)

Qre8ive:
niconietom: Qlimax vibes in this one.

niconietom:Melody ain't dark at all.

Literally the same reactions since like 2007 :+

QFT :+

NYU:...Coone... got the vibe of Qlimax right. Dark, mysterious energy.

:meh: The Coone anthem is much the same as this, minus the vocals and a much lesser, more forgettable melody. The only saving grace in that anthem was the creativity with the spelling of "Qlimax" in the intro.
Reverse Ghost (28)
State Legend

Postby Pinago » 14 Oct 2021, 09:06

I also don’t get any qlimax vibes here :( simple Hardstyle melodies are always good for the dancefloor but this is too normally.

All big DJ‘s give their feedback to Ran-D on his instagram post…can‘t believe that everybody is so happy about it :D

But at the end everything in this world is ABOUT personally taste.

For my taste D-Sturb or Rejecta could have fit in the qlimax anthem vibes
Pinago
State Citizen

Postby cccc5 » 14 Oct 2021, 10:53

Can't wait for Devin Wild, D-Sturb or Vertile to make a qlimax anthem in the upcoming years, will be a banger for sure :D
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance
cccc5 (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Shodan » 14 Oct 2021, 11:00

cccc5:Can't wait for Devin Wild, D-Sturb or Vertile to make a qlimax anthem in the upcoming years, will be a banger for sure :D

Same, unfortunately only D-Sturb is already commercial enough and selectable to do it, maybe 2023, my bet is PN next

OT: i hate the snares during the whole build up, Radical Redemption's heavy drums/tombs would have worked as a charm instead, the rest is alright, i even tought about the tempo change since we knew Ran-D was responsible for the anthem, should have called it out before lmao :rofl:
The greater the LIGHT, the bigger the SHADOW
Shodan (22)
State Celebrity

Postby hardstyleprem1um » 14 Oct 2021, 13:48

Damn this is boring :yawn:
No qlimax feeling, very standard hardstyle track, boring melody. I was forgetting that i was listening to a qlimax anthem until a voice said QLIIIMAX...and that's not a good sign.
hardstyleprem1um (35)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 15 Oct 2021, 08:38

No one tell the guy who runs that instagram how the old SAIFAM melodies were done :+
Reverse Ghost (28)
State Legend

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 15 Oct 2021, 09:17

Kronos called him out instantly :+
lilfrenchidiot (25)
State Celebrity

Postby KiLLu12258 » 15 Oct 2021, 10:16

personally i have nothing against melody recycling, you will hear something that sounds similar in any tracks.
The thing is how its done. Hurricane as example is a complete rip off, but (for me) its done in a perfect way, the whole sound design, kick, vocals fits like hell and made hurricane to that catchy song.

In the qlimax anthem i miss any catchyness. The melo itself isnt it because of that short notes. Hate him or love him but he made a ton of tracks that had "something" over the last years, but this one is missing the most of it.

At the end its just an anthem. Even Bfront did just an "okayish" job for me on the anthem. Especially if i compare it to all those other tracks he made over the last years. The qlimax anthem was the one i forgot the fastest.
KiLLu12258
State Senior Citizen

Postby MidnightDUB » 15 Oct 2021, 12:17

KiLLu12258:personally i have nothing against melody recycling, you will hear something that sounds similar in any tracks.
The thing is how its done. Hurricane as example is a complete rip off, but (for me) its done in a perfect way, the whole sound design, kick, vocals fits like hell and made hurricane to that catchy song.

In the qlimax anthem i miss any catchyness. The melo itself isnt it because of that short notes. Hate him or love him but he made a ton of tracks that had "something" over the last years, but this one is missing the most of it.

At the end its just an anthem. Even Bfront did just an "okayish" job for me on the anthem. Especially if i compare it to all those other tracks he made over the last years. The qlimax anthem was the one i forgot the fastest.

theres a big difference when it comes to "being inspired" by some pop song which was relevant years ago and almost blatantly copying track in the same genre which is still fairly new. thats what Toneshifterz did back at the very beginning, thats what most new artists do nowadays, just listen to those new AOC releases. I know Ill get blasted for this comment, but in this case qdance might just have asked dbstf do the anthem..
MidnightDUB
State Citizen

Postby dolanpls » 15 Oct 2021, 13:34

lilfrenchidiot:Kronos called him out instantly :+

That's ironic since his newest track is blatant ran-d copy lol
dolanpls (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Tomix » 15 Oct 2021, 19:51

Shodan:
cccc5:Can't wait for Devin Wild, D-Sturb or Vertile to make a qlimax anthem in the upcoming years, will be a banger for sure :D

Same, unfortunately only D-Sturb is already commercial enough and selectable to do it, maybe 2023, my bet is PN next

Or Frequencerz.
Maybe Adaro solo.
Roughstate label founders are well-known and selling names with good relations with Q :) My bet is every big guy on the label will get their chance one-by-one in coming years.
"Maybe if you wrote some music you wouldn't need 6 kick drums." - Lenny Dee
Tomix (31)
State Native

Postby th3r3zo » 16 Oct 2021, 00:26

Ok my top goes like this after a few listens:

1. D-Block & S-te-Fan – The Nature Of Our Mind
2. Technoboy – Next Dimensional World
3. Headhunterz – The Power of the Mind
4. Psyko Punkz – Fate or Fortune
5. Zany – Science & Religion
6. B-Front – Symphony of Shadows
7. Deepack – The Prophecy
8. Wildstylez – Temple of Light
9. Zatox – No Way Back
10. Ran-D – The Reawakening
11. Noisecontrollers – The Source Code of Creation
12. Brennan Heart – Alternate Reality
13. Coone – Rise of the Celestials
14. Atmozfears – Equilibrium
15. Alpha² – The Dark Side
16. Sub Zero Project – The Game Changer
17. Gunz For Hire – Immortal Essence
th3r3zo
State Legend

Postby Amperial » 16 Oct 2021, 16:20

I didn't know Charlotte Wessels at first but she really reminds me of Alissa White-Gluz.

She is clearly one hell of a talented vocalist and i've never thought i'll ever say this, is the main reason (paired with the breaks) that makes it great. To the point she does overshadow the whole track.

The first climax is already growing on me though.

I hope they'll work with her to create a mysterious/dark sounding climax anthem. The potential is huge.

I didn't expect a qlimax vibe, more of a ran-d defqon anthem like vibe, so i am not disappointed.
Amperial
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles