Format: Digital
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMU9DYAt5X/

Tracklist:
01. The Time Has Come

Samples:
Barticf
State Hero

Postby John Cove » 19 Mar 2019, 18:43

Bas is using his Mid-Intro screech since 2014 or something. I'm still so sad that this legend totally lost his ability to bring fresh air to the scene like he did with CTRL ALT DELETE, Give It Up, Gimme Love, Yellow Minute.

Of course this track is nice, but he has been so much better in the past.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby RPGWiZaRD » 19 Mar 2019, 19:42

John Cove:Bas is using his Mid-Intro screech since 2014 or something. I'm still so sad that this legend totally lost his ability to bring fresh air to the scene like he did with CTRL ALT DELETE, Give It Up, Gimme Love, Yellow Minute.

I think it might be that Bas finds it difficult to find his way into the recent trends in Hardstyle. Among the biggest producers he's one of the "least changed" and this also has lead to a popularity/hype decrease around him as a producer (those who change with the times typically are most successful). I think he aren't fully happy how the genre has evolved and find it hard to be inspired. If he continues to produce what he likes he probably will be snagged of as lost his creativity, yaddayadda but yea you can tell he's not as inspired as he once was. It's probably also why there hasn't been a lot of releases for the last couple of years. The recent controversial tweet (I think it was? Can't remember what it was about) and lack of releases and inspiration in his tracks has lead me to come to such conclusions, he's just struggling for inspiration and how to fit in, in nowadays hardstyle trends.

I think he needs to find his own niche that he likes to produce, be it whatever experimental stuff or older inspired styles (there's definitely enough of a demand of more classic style), Sound Rush kinda made a name of themselves based on that (feels like HHZ is helping out bigtime though no doubt).
RPGWiZaRD (32)
State Celebrity

Postby John Cove » 19 Mar 2019, 20:21

RPGWiZaRD:
John Cove:Bas is using his Mid-Intro screech since 2014 or something. I'm still so sad that this legend totally lost his ability to bring fresh air to the scene like he did with CTRL ALT DELETE, Give It Up, Gimme Love, Yellow Minute.

I think it might be that Bas finds it difficult to find his way into the recent trends in Hardstyle. Among the biggest producers he's one of the "least changed" and this also has lead to a popularity/hype decrease around him as a producer (those who change with the times typically are most successful). I think he aren't fully happy how the genre has evolved and find it hard to be inspired. If he continues to produce what he likes he probably will be snagged of as lost his creativity, yaddayadda but yea you can tell he's not as inspired as he once was. It's probably also why there hasn't been a lot of releases for the last couple of years. The recent controversial tweet (I think it was? Can't remember what it was about) and lack of releases and inspiration in his tracks has lead me to come to such conclusions, he's just struggling for inspiration and how to fit in, in nowadays hardstyle trends.

I think he needs to find his own niche that he likes to produce, be it whatever experimental stuff or older inspired styles (there's definitely enough of a demand of more classic style), Sound Rush kinda made a name of themselves based on that (feels like HHZ is helping out bigtime though no doubt).

I agree with most of this. It could also be that he is just getting older & less enthusiastic about the producing/touring stuff.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby dafuq » 19 Mar 2019, 20:33

So you are telling that he cannot use a preset synth that he has made in 2014? Or if he is using an old sound from an early library he lost his creativity? Tell me more :rofl:

Personally really like the tune, the melody is very catchy, cannot wait to have this tune!
I started this gangsta shit and this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?!
dafuq
State Senior Citizen

Postby John Cove » 19 Mar 2019, 20:44

dafuq:

So you are telling that he cannot use a preset synth that he has made in 2014? Or if he is using an old sound from an early library he lost his creativity? Tell me more :rofl:

Personally really like the tune, the melody is very catchy, cannot wait to have this tune!

He used it in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby John Cove » 19 Mar 2019, 20:50

Just looked it up to prove my statement.

Mid-Intro "Craving For The Beat" (2013)
Mid-Intro "Cats, Jets & Breaks" (2014)
Mid-Intro "Wolfs" (2015)
Mid-Intro "The Game" (2016)
Outro "Het Gevoel Van" (2017)
2nd Mid-Intro "This Is Our World" (2018)
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 19 Mar 2019, 20:59

John Cove:Just looked it up to prove my statement.

Mid-Intro "Wolfs" (2015)

This is true but TBH, I like this screech and imo he can use it whenever he wants to.

My main problem with Bas is that he lost what made him (them?) one of my favorites : innovation. I'm actually thinking Arjan was responsible for the experimental/crossover side of the NC music (look BLOQSHOT if y'all don't know). Bas became pretty stale : a great producer showing too little inspiration for his music to stay really interesting.
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Gommes_ » 19 Mar 2019, 21:16

I really hoped the vocals were part of the second climax. Damn. :G But nevertheless, I really like this one!
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (34)
State Native

Postby macdz » 19 Mar 2019, 23:08

Shit. There've been so many tunes people liked I am talking about Universe Twisters and similar to that not to name those babies. It's understandable, even though, he knows people liked it and still like, he won't follow it because he doesn't feel it. I wouldn't be judging too soon. Frontliner has got back after some plunge of his. What I am trying to say is yes, I miss true NC as well :) This guy is amazing because he combines everything, fiddle with anything and he succeeds as no one else there. That's the true essence of his career. What a guy :)
Monitor Audio BX6, NAD C356-BEE, REL T5
https://www.instagram.com/rebrandyourselfifneeded/
macdz (30)
State Legend

Postby dafuq » 20 Mar 2019, 01:54

I just cannot understand why it's a problem if he using some of his old sounds?
I started this gangsta shit and this the motherfuckin' thanks I get?!
dafuq
State Senior Citizen

Postby ceero » 20 Mar 2019, 09:34

its not even about the old sounds, i couldnt care less about that. My problem is that this sounds so uninspired and without an essence that it's screaming. It has no theme, it has no atmosphere, it has no soul. Could listen to it 10 times and i won't remeber what does it sound like. This is just as mediocre as if it was made by a 'random NC tracks generator' PC software. Not too long ago i was super excited about every new NC tune, that hasnt happend since Who's Plan It Is. I truly hope he is just going through a temporary creativity crysis and will eventually reinvent that spark that's just been missing in everything he made since 2016.
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby ThePrincipal » 20 Mar 2019, 09:59

generally when you've been producing for 15 years and you've been at a super high level for 11-12 years, there is bound to be a dry spell (look at many of the past names like Zany, Luna (even though he had many co-producers), Tatanka, etc).

People can't be up top forever in terms of quality.

But I think most of the comments here are overreactions, that's just me. Bas is still high quality to me, just more geared towards the "current" hardstyle sound which is potentially more in boxes than most other times of hardstyle.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby KiLLu12258 » 20 Mar 2019, 15:19

lilfrenchidiot:
John Cove:Just looked it up to prove my statement.

Mid-Intro "Wolfs" (2015)

This is true but TBH, I like this screech and imo he can use it whenever he wants to.

My main problem with Bas is that he lost what made him (them?) one of my favorites : innovation. I'm actually thinking Arjan was responsible for the experimental/crossover side of the NC music (look BLOQSHOT if y'all don't know). Bas became pretty stale : a great producer showing too little inspiration for his music to stay really interesting.

after E=NC2 there is not coming much amazing from Bas, sadly. Some NCBM stuff tho, also Spirit of Hardstyle was amazing.
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby Qobalt » 09 Apr 2019, 16:29

Qobalt (25)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles