Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Headhunterz - The Art Of Remixes EP [Art Of Creation]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby ceero » 30 Jul 2018, 19:39

Sacrifice remix is fucking awesome, probably my fav version of the tune, i'd go as far as to say this is even better than original :O Spot on Max, really! I love how his tunes are always full of freshness and this unique energy of his.

Doomed remix has fucking amazing intro, but mainpart is kinda weak. Wish they played around a bit more with it, not just use the same melo with their synth. Buuut a decent tune nevertheless.

Megasound is probably my all time least favorit Hhz tune, the original is borderline awful imo. And this feels more like a 2018 update than an actual remix, so this one is not for me.

Psychedelic remix is crap, cant get how can someone (once) so talented as Atmo make such a shitty version of such a great tune. But his stuff is reaaaaaally not for me in the last time, so not that surprising at all actually.
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby Katsching » 30 Jul 2018, 20:47

Doomed is the only remix here that does something to get me moving. The others are beyond mediocre. I feel like so many of these modern hardstyle producers just don't dare to make their productions distinctive and actually outstanding. This EP is a great example
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (24)
State Hero

Postby Shodan » 30 Jul 2018, 21:25

VTraxx:They will just release on AoC i think :pacman:
Btw Youtube description says:
"The saga continues with the first part of the Art Of Remixes EP"
Maybe a 2nd ep?

Yes, it has to, with these waiting for release
Subsonic (Sub Sonik Remix)
Emptiness (Sound Rush Remix)
Scrap Attack (Emphasis Remix)
and hoping so hard for Club Bizarre (SZP Edit) or another remix not known yet
The Greater The LIGHT, The Bigger The SHADOW
Shodan
State Citizen

Postby Bomberz » 30 Jul 2018, 21:38

· The Sacrifice remix is weird, way too different. It will be difficult to get used to this version, I don't feel it at all atm.
· I've never really paid attention to the original Megasound so I appreciate this remix :)
· The Psychedelic remix is quite bad, I can't believe this is the best Atmozfears can do tbh... anyway I never liked the original mix and my opinion hasn't changed with this remix.
· Doomed doesn't need a remix, this one is pointless imo, it just sounds like a 2018 version.
Bomberz (25)
Global Mod

Postby Emre » 30 Jul 2018, 21:45

Shodan:
VTraxx:They will just release on AoC i think :pacman:
Btw Youtube description says:
"The saga continues with the first part of the Art Of Remixes EP"
Maybe a 2nd ep?

Yes, it has to, with these waiting for release
Subsonic (Sub Sonik Remix)
Emptiness (Sound Rush Remix)
Scrap Attack (Emphasis Remix)
and hoping so hard for Club Bizarre (SZP Edit) or another remix not known yet

That Subsonic rmx is just a mashup iirc? Btw, it literally says 'first part' of 'the EP' <- 1 EP. So I think that just means 'the first track of the Art Of Remixes EP'.
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby M3dia » 30 Jul 2018, 22:03

Reading your thoughts it seems like many of you think a remix always has to be (totally) different than the original?
All in all for me a remix is just the track in the style of the remixer. Sometimes that means new intros and new climaxes, sometimes it's just the same with the remixer's sound - so basically an updated version. It's been like this forever..? :+
M3dia (25)
State Native

Postby Shodan » 30 Jul 2018, 22:45

Emre:That Subsonic rmx is just a mashup iirc? Btw, it literally says 'first part' of 'the EP' <- 1 EP. So I think that just means 'the first track of the Art Of Remixes EP'.

doomed rmx is quite and edit too also searching in this forum i found other unreleased remixes i think, and there MUST be another remixed EP because of the Sound Rush remix, dont think they'll release as single, AoC could incluse self HHz edits and the remixes that i mentioned haha, i just hope for that subsonic and club bizarre edits
Shodan
State Citizen

Postby Emre » 31 Jul 2018, 00:13

Why MUST there be another EP? you know a lot of tracks stay unreleased forever right? Dont get me wrong, i would like them to be released aswell, but the fact that they exist doesnt mean they 100% will be released
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Shodan » 31 Jul 2018, 00:33

Emre:Why MUST there be another EP? you know a lot of tracks stay unreleased forever right? Dont get me wrong, i would like them to be released aswell, but the fact that they exist doesnt mean they 100% will be released

Of course, always has been like that, unreleased stuff that dont make it to at least a podcast preview but seeing what is AoC doing with their release policy i think we'll see the EP 2 with a little of luck right after Heartbeat :naughty:
Shodan
State Citizen

Postby SarahKerrigan » 31 Jul 2018, 16:33

Doesn't beat the original for me but it's a really decent remix imo! Well done Timmehrs _O_
SarahKerrigan
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 31 Jul 2018, 16:34

Emre:Why MUST there be another EP? you know a lot of tracks stay unreleased forever right? Dont get me wrong, i would like them to be released aswell, but the fact that they exist doesnt mean they 100% will be released

maybe a Wildstylez remix ep? would be nice :)
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 31 Jul 2018, 22:20

ceero:

That would be sick. And it would make sense, because AoC is HHZ & Wildstylez right now, so at the beginning of their label it would be cool to have remix EP's of both label owners. Wouldn't make sense for HHZ to get a remix EP, and Wildstylez not. Buuut, on the other hand, haven't seen any remixes for Joram popping up anywhere.
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 01 Aug 2018, 00:50

Emre:
ceero:

That would be sick. And it would make sense, because AoC is HHZ & Wildstylez right now, so at the beginning of their label it would be cool to have remix EP's of both label owners. Wouldn't make sense for HHZ to get a remix EP, and Wildstylez not. Buuut, on the other hand, haven't seen any remixes for Joram popping up anywhere.

On one hand I agree with you.

On the other hand there is NO WAY any remix for a WSZ track can do justice to the original tbh
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Celebrity

Postby Qobalt » 01 Aug 2018, 16:01

Qobalt (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 01 Aug 2018, 16:16

Proper 2018 update :)
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles