Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Headhunterz - Orange Heart [Q-dance]

Discuss all hardstyle releases here.

Postby Gommes_ » 10 Jul 2019, 14:09

VTraxx:I'm maybe releasing a shitstorm after this but...
I'm the only one who thinks this track is boring as hell and way overhyped? :?

Nope, you are right in my opinion. Without the name Headhunterz this release wouldn't get any attention. At all. Especially if you look at the scene as a whole and how many unique and great guys are out there with a totally different but fresh approach.
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (34)
State Native

Postby Skape » 10 Jul 2019, 21:08

I agree this is boring as hell. Good endshow track for sure but that' it.
Skape
State Celebrity

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 10 Jul 2019, 21:37

Maybe boring, but nobody could find that melody
Romanian Hardstyler (27)
State Celebrity

Postby Shodan » 10 Jul 2019, 22:07

Romanian Hardstyler:Maybe boring, but nobody could find that melody

What you mean with "find"? if its what i think, 'Legends Never Die (Wildstylez Remix)' has the same basic melody (slightly modified) but somehow wildstylez made it so much better imo :naughty:
The Greater The LIGHT, The Bigger The SHADOW
Shodan (-1)
State Citizen

Postby ZanitianDJ » 11 Jul 2019, 03:08

Shodan:
Romanian Hardstyler:Maybe boring, but nobody could find that melody

What you mean with "find"? if its what i think, 'Legends Never Die (Wildstylez Remix)' has the same basic melody (slightly modified) but somehow wildstylez made it so much better imo :naughty:

Similar pattern, but not the same melody... You know that simple melodies or simple rhythms in hardstyle are more than enough to make a track that can be remembered through time (take for example Phases (Technoboy Romantic Mix) or more recent, Resonance from Clockartz)

I think HHZ really made a good choice picking this chord progression and I feel the melody has some magic on it

PD: I think this is the cheesiest opinion over here :rofl:
ZanitianDJ (19)
State Citizen

Postby Tekk » 11 Jul 2019, 08:21

Another boring stuff by HHZ... but hey, enough for the most people in this scene.
Freaqshow 16, 17
Q-Base 15, 16, 17, 18
Qlimax 15, 16, 17, 18
Defqon 1 16, 17, 18
Airforce 16
X-Qlusive Frequencerz 18
Syndicate 16
I AM Hardstyle 17
MoH 17
Intents Festival 17, 18
Decibel 18
EDC Las Vegas 19
Tekk (27)
State Native

Postby RidiQless » 11 Jul 2019, 10:52

Tekk:Another boring stuff by HHZ... but hey, enough for the most people in this scene.

What's up with that demeaning attitude? Music always has been a matter of taste. If people like this melody, why should they be worth less than other people in the scene?
RidiQless (25)
State Celebrity

Postby SKRWD » 11 Jul 2019, 16:14

Great sound design as usual. But this track sounds really boring imo...
Desperately waiting for Dovahkiin/Dragonborn 2.0
SKRWD (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby John Cove » 11 Jul 2019, 16:50

Tekk:Another boring stuff by HHZ... but hey, enough for the most people in this scene.

You're the elite.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby Emre » 11 Jul 2019, 18:08

Yeah, gotta admit man, that sounded pretty elististic Tekk. :\

I do like the track myself, as i mentioned before, altho I can get into the 'lackluster' thing, like he does play it a bit safe. But the quality of his tracks is still within hardstyle's top-tier. He brought a lot of people to this genre no matter what so that attitude is really getting boring now.

It seems as if 'just because he's HHZ' people think he HAS to make the best tracks every year again, if he makes a 'meh' track people judge him way more cause he's apparently supposed to be making banger after banger just because he's so popular.

This melodic, thematic, and kinda on the soft side stuff is his sound, it's been like this for ages. Nothing surprising here. At least he doesn't jump on bandwagon after bandwagon and for whatever sound is popular/trending.
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Tekk » 11 Jul 2019, 18:59

Yeah, gotta admit man, that sounded pretty elististic Tekk. :\

Maybe... but i expect much more from a heavyweight like HHZ. This track lacks totaly on inspiration.
Ofcourse i don´t expect him to release a TOTY track everytime (Q Dance will make it anyway for him..) but i want some quality (look at Ran D as example) and energy.
This emotional crap (what i like usually) after his return in this scene is just annoying.
Orange heart here, hardstyle is my destiny here..

You're the elite.

Im not the elite but im not jumping on a hypetrain without any criticism like i did when i was 18.
Freaqshow 16, 17
Q-Base 15, 16, 17, 18
Qlimax 15, 16, 17, 18
Defqon 1 16, 17, 18
Airforce 16
X-Qlusive Frequencerz 18
Syndicate 16
I AM Hardstyle 17
MoH 17
Intents Festival 17, 18
Decibel 18
EDC Las Vegas 19
Tekk (27)
State Native

Postby Emre » 11 Jul 2019, 19:44

Ran-D (as Ran-D solo I mean) is doing nothing different than HHZ, just playing it safe with remixes, trying to reach a huge crowd. It started with Zombie, then Hurricane which also uses a very popular melody sample. Now his PP collab with K's Choice, which also is a 'made for the radio track' tbh. But his sound is a bit harder and has more drive.. honestly, that's probably why Ran-D is allowed to do so for you, you just like his sound better than HHZ. Because let's be honest, HHZ his sound has always (well, with a few rare exceptions) been soft like this, and more 'storytelling/vibes-ish. HHZ didn't change anything, your taste changed. Or at least, that's what I think.
Last edited by Emre on 11 Jul 2019, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 11 Jul 2019, 19:47

what amazes me is that people arent tired of this exact same debate in every single headhunterz topic even after all those years :+
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 11 Jul 2019, 19:49

See it in a positive way man, every disucssion extends the lifespan of this slowly dying forum a bit more :+
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby ceero » 11 Jul 2019, 19:51

yea true :+ okay let me try out my bit to help that cause

*ahem*

Heady is all about money these days and totally out of musical inspiration. He could fart in a microphone, master it and it would end up in the yearly Q top10!

ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles