Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Sub Zero Project - Contagion [Dirty Workz]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby timdawes » 03 Apr 2019, 00:26

th3r3zo:10 tracks album it´not enough, because many other tracks still unreleased :(

At least there will be some staggered SZP releases after this then as opposed to dropping everything at once and then months of nothing
timdawes (35)
Admin

Postby th3r3zo » 03 Apr 2019, 01:55

timdawes:
th3r3zo:10 tracks album it´not enough, because many other tracks still unreleased :(

At least there will be some staggered SZP releases after this then as opposed to dropping everything at once and then months of nothing

Like Phuture Noize, an Album, after that an EP and now nothing besides the Defqon.1 Anthem
th3r3zo
State Hero

Postby Emre » 03 Apr 2019, 08:53

timdawes:

It's the hardstyle scene, the fact there are stacked up tracks ready to be released doesn't mean we will get them in the coming 3 years even :+
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby NEKA » 03 Apr 2019, 14:23

3 Collabs with Tim, almost 2-3 years of waiting and nothing.
One collab with Devin Wild still to be released.
Feel My Rage probably won't be released.
Listen To My Shit will not be released.
All for One & JNXD remix (possibly :+ ) this year

If it's a crowd pleaser, it will be released within 1-6 months. Everything else is within a year -> never.
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby Emre » 03 Apr 2019, 14:47

If it's a crowd pleaser, it will be released within 1-6 months.

Partystarter/Drop The Bomb are 100% crowdpleasers (if by crowdpleasers you mean typical dancefloor-tracks) :+

Also, Feel My Rage? Did I miss something :?
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Barticf » 04 Apr 2019, 13:38

Barticf
State Hero

Postby SKRWD » 04 Apr 2019, 15:50

My review (ratings may vary since I'm writing it while listening to it for the first time):
Show spoiler
01. Patient Zero: Great drive in the intro! Really liking the sound design. The melody is simple but I love the progression. Great opener. 9/10

02. Darkest Hour (The Clock) [ft. D-Block & S-te-Fan]: Great collab, nothing more to say. BUT: I've listened to it too much so it became somewhat "boring", therefore minus 0.5 points. 8.5/10

03. The Contagion [ft. Christina Novelli]: I loved it from the very first listen, but as it's the same with Darkest Hour, I've listened to it too much. 8/10

04. Break The Game [ft. KELTEK]: What a wonderful collab! Would definitely be one of my favourites on the album, IF there wasn't this ugly out of a sudden key switch in the second mainpart. 8.5/10

05. Be My Guide: Nice vocals, nice atmosphere and nice progression throughout the track, but sadly that's it in my opinion. 7/10

06. Call Of The Sacred [ft. Phuture Noize]: Those Hard Trance vibes HOLY FUCKING SHIT! To be honest, I was afraid at first that it wouldn't be as powerful in HQ as it sounded in the LQ clip. BUT. Hands down, for me the best collab on the album. 10/10

07. Amen [ft. Headhunterz]: Nice sequel to Our Church, but that's it, sadly. Same structure, similar intro, similar break, similar vocal use, similar melody, all in all TOO similar to Our Church. With Our Church being my preferred collab, this is rather a disappointment for me. Good track, still. 7/10

08. The Source [ft. Frequencerz]: Meh intro. The melody is typically SZP-esque. Nothing outstanding, but nothing too bad either. 8/10

09. All Night [ft. Bryant Powell]: GREAT INTRO (the second part of it is too similar to Contagion, tho)!!! Definitely better than Be My Guide. 9/10

10. The Solution [ft. Villain]: Those Dubstep/Trap elements in the intro are really well made (for Hardstyle standards, of course). Wow, this is a nice kick. :D (<- The emoticon for real is fitting my face while listening to it) - Really, really good melody and spectacular mainpart. With All Night the best solo track on the album. 10/10

Total: 8.5/10

Last words: One could argue that all the tracks are too similar regarding the structure of the overall tracks, melodies, sound design and so on. I for myself really liked the album. Definitely worth a listen.
SKRWD (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby th3r3zo » 04 Apr 2019, 16:23

Great tracks, the problem is...after a few listenings the tracks become nothing special like The Clock or Contagion and overall many of them sounds the same.

Break the Game: sounds strange in the second climax o_O
Be my guide: is really nice
Amen: i prefer this than the Our Church

But that Phuture Noize collab :omg: :listen: _O_ (L) the best
th3r3zo
State Hero

Postby MegaT » 04 Apr 2019, 16:32

Some early impressions:

Show spoiler
- Call Of The Sacred is the best track of the album, and a solid early candidate for TOTY imo.

- The Solution's midintro is pretty good.

- Something sounds weird in The Source's kick.

- Patient Zero might be one of my favourite "The Project 2.0" tracks.

- The sudden change in Break The Game's second climax throws me off.

- Even though they've been released for a while, The Contagion and Darkest Hour still sound pretty good to me.
MegaT
State Newcomer

Postby cccc5 » 04 Apr 2019, 16:49

Call Of The Sacred = best track ever (L) (L) (L)
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance
cccc5
State Senior Citizen

Postby Davonez » 04 Apr 2019, 18:11

Great Album! My Favz .. Call of the Sacred x Break the Game x Patient Zero _O_ :dance: (L)
Davonez (29)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Shodan » 04 Apr 2019, 23:48

All collabs except Frequencerz are bangers but Patient Zero and All Night are insane _O_ (L) _O_ also, its a shame that they didnt include All For One, the track could fit the place of Be My Guide that imo is the only album filler.
The Greater The LIGHT, The Bigger The SHADOW
Shodan
State Citizen

Postby Anile » 05 Apr 2019, 04:50

I hate myself for overplaying The Contagion and The Darkest Hours. The intro for Patient Zero is insane :fist: Amen over Our Church easy (L) My top picks from this album definitely are: All Night, The Solution, and Call Of The Sacred :fist: :fist: Overall, I was expecting the whole album to get boring after the first 2 listens, but here I am on probably my 20th listen. The weakest track in this album imo is The Source. Replace that with All For One and the album would have been perfect (L)
Anile
State Citizen

Postby D-Jess » 05 Apr 2019, 14:36

My review of the album :
Show spoiler
Patient Zero : 9/10
OMFG that kick in the midintro, just no words _O_
The track is like an sequel of The XPRMNT, for my pleasure :D

Darkest Hour (The Clock) (with D-Block & S-Te-Fan) : 8,5/10 (9/10 before listening the entire album)
Excellent track itself, the ambiance is awesome but I have just the feeling it's maybe the track fitting the less at the theme of Contagion, the Qlimax anthem was maybe a better choice over that track.

The Contagion (feat. Christina Novelli) : 9,5/10
Just awesome in all the points, awesome theme track ! (L)

Break The Game (with KELTEK) : 9/10
These two together works perfectly, midintro is banging, the first climax is excellent, just the second one who has a weird change of note in the melody, but it doesn't bother me enormously :)

Be My Guide : 8,5/10
A more conventional track by them, but still remains very efficient and does the job :D

Call Of The Sacred (with Phuture Noize) : 10/10
WOW. Seriously, this is a very serious candidate for the TOTY this year imo.
That break and particularly that first climax must in my opinion come from another galaxy, so it's inhuman :omg: _O_

Amen (with Headhunterz) : 9,5/10
I have already absolutely loved One Church last year (2nd in my Top 10 of 2018), but this one is like an even better version, with an even more felt vibe, what a great job again SZP & HHZ (L)

The Source (with Frequencerz) : 9/10
Like the KELTEK one, very good combination of these artists, I particularly loved that change of melody tone in the second climax (L)

All Night (feat. Bryant Powell) : 9/10
Very good vocals and kicks in this one, love the melody too :D

The Solution (feat. Villain) : 9,5/10
That extraterrestrial kick omg, what an excellent closing for the album _O_

Overall : 9,15/10
What a next level album seriously, album of the year for the moment.
The melodies are epic, the kicks are just incredible, the sound design is absolutely genius :omg:
D-Jess (24)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles