Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Brennan Heart - Show Your True Colors [WE R]

Discuss all Hardstyle albums, dvd's etc. here.

Postby adamross » 01 Mar 2019, 14:37

Interesting, there are some pretty good teases in there, can't wait to check them out! :) Bring Brennan the feels!
adamross
Producer

Postby Barticf » 10 Mar 2019, 13:17

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/album/show- ... 1455264483

TRACKLISTING

CD1:

Brennan Heart – Need To Feel (ft. Mattanja Joy Bradley)
Brennan Heart – If You Fall, I’ll Catch You
Brennan Heart - Show Your True Colors (I AM HARDSTYLE 2019 Anthem)
Brennan Heart & TNT - Realness
Brennan Heart – Outcasts
Brennan Heart – Harddrop
Brennan Heart & Dutch Force - Deadline
Brennan Heart & Coone - Fight For Something (ft. Max P)
Brennan Heart - In Your Face (HardBass)
Brennan Heart - About Time Again (ft. Max P)
Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Reputation Game (Toneshifterz & Code Black Remix)
Brennan Heart & Zatox- Fight The Resistance (Aftershock Remix)
Brennan Heart - Won't Hold Me Down (Gravity) (ft. Trevor Guthrie)
Brennan Heart & Toneshifterz - Define Yourself (I AM HARDSTYLE 2018 Anthem)
Brennan Heart & Jonathan Mendelsohn - Coming Back To You
Brennan Heart & Galactixx - Partyfreak
Brennan Heart & Rebourne - Ravers Memory
Brennan Heart - Fuelled By Fanatics (Official Decibel 2018 Anthem)
Brennan Heart - Life Begins (Blademasterz Edit)

BONUS TRACKS

Armin van Buuren - Blah Blah Blah (Brennan Heart & Toneshifterz Remix)
Tiësto & Sevenn ft. Gucci Mane - BOOM (Brennan Heart Remix)

CD2 (continuous mix):

Brennan Heart, Code Black & Jonathan Mendelsohn - Broken
Brennan Heart & TNT - Realness
Brennan Heart a.k.a. Blademasterz - Melody Of The Blade
Brennan Heart - Show Your True Colors (I AM HARDSTYLE 2019 Anthem)
Brennan Heart - If You Fall, I'll Catch You
Brennan Heart ft. Trevor Guthrie - Won't Hold Me Down (Gravity)
Brennan Heart & TNT - Hard Knockin' Beats
Brennan Heart & Galactixx - Dreamer
Brennan Heart ft. Mattanja Joy Bradley - Need To Feel
Brennan Heart & Dutch Force - Deadline
Brennan Heart & Coone ft. Max P - Fight For Something
Brennan Heart - Harddrop
Brennan Heart - Just Get In
Brennan Heart a.k.a. Blademasterz - The Golden Era
Brennan Heart ft. Max P - About Time Again
Brennan Heart - Outcasts
Brennan Heart & Jonathan Mendelsohn - Coming Back To You
Brennan Heart & Rebourne - Ravers Memory
Brennan Heart - In Your Face (Hard Bass)
Brennan Heart & Zatox - Fight the Resistance (Aftershock Remix)
Brennan Heart - Fuelled By Fanatics (Decibel 2018 Anthem)
Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Reputation Game (Toneshifterz & Code Black Remix)
Barticf
State Hero

Postby Twixel » 10 Mar 2019, 14:26

Brennan Heart - About Time on 2009 Musical Impressions
I hope in 2019 I’ll make another track just like this
And look back with the biggest smile on my face when I reminisce

Nice that he kept this promise :D
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Freddy » 10 Mar 2019, 16:19

Some tracks in Continues Mix are only in Continues Mix (not in CD1 at all):

Brennan Heart, Code Black & Jonathan Mendelsohn - Broken
Brennan Heart a.k.a. Blademasterz - Melody Of The Blade
Brennan Heart & TNT - Hard Knockin' Beats
Brennan Heart & Galactixx - Dreamer
Brennan Heart - Just Get In
Brennan Heart a.k.a. Blademasterz - The Golden Era

And few tracks are only in CD1 (not in Continues Mix):
Brennan Heart & Galactixx - Partyfreak
Brennan Heart - Life Begins (Blademasterz Edit)
Freddy
State Hero

Postby Freddy » 22 Mar 2019, 08:49

It's out.

Really nice album actually. Much better than expected.

A lot of variety in tracks and a lot of them are great.

Really like the more energetic build-ups / tracks.

Brennan seems sticks to what he knows best and does it well.

Build-up of "Show Your True Colors" just sounds like something from early days (really awesome). Outcasts - awesome melody with that bassline goes really well.

Didn't have time to listen properly, but overall looking really good.
Freddy
State Hero

Postby ceero » 22 Mar 2019, 11:32

Brennan Heart – Need To Feel (ft. Mattanja Joy Bradley) lovely melody, lovely vocal, a classic Brennan tune. Pure quality 8/10
Brennan Heart – If You Fall, I’ll Catch You nah, not for me. That vocal is way over the top 2/10
Brennan Heart - Show Your True Colors (I AM HARDSTYLE 2019 Anthem) i did not like this one at first, but it had grown on me brutally much. That intro kick, the melody, pure awesomeness _O_ this could easily be a Blademasterz tune. I got to say that the break is tad too long tho, i wouldn't miss that singing part at all. 9/10
Brennan Heart & TNT - Realness another one i didnt like at first, but hearing the HQ changed my mind. The intro/outro kick is just brutal, especially those parts with percussion. The vocal is a little annoying tho, but still way better than the dreadful 'black woman with an attitude' vocal their previous two collabs had 7.5/10
Brennan Heart – Outcasts Lovely drop - yayy finally some reverse bass. The punch is a little too flat and the vocal is a little too popish though. 6/10
Brennan Heart – Harddrop i was looking forward to this tune the most out of the whole album, but im pretty disapointed after the HQ. That kick is just so awfully, terribly dreadful that my ears are about to start bleeding. Why to ruin an otherwise perfect tune with this kind of stupid subsonik kick? Just imagine this with the kick from the TNT collab... 7/10, would be 10/10 with a better kick
Brennan Heart & Dutch Force - Deadline i actually wonder how many people listening to this album know the original tune. Huge, huge trance classic and one of my personal favorit tunes. If you are into trance and you never heard of it, go check it out right now. And this is a really, really decent remake! I dont say that too often about remakes of this tier classics. 9/10
Brennan Heart & Coone - Fight For Something (ft. Max P) this is actually pretty catchy! I'd say it has a big potential to become a huge hit, if i had to put my money on one tune that will be the next big Brennan's commercially successful track it would be this one. Also a big potential to become an overplayed annoying tune like Lose My Mind :+ but for now i defo like it, 7.5/10
Brennan Heart - In Your Face (HardBass) decent, but a little boring tbh 5/10
Brennan Heart - About Time Again (ft. Max P) I understand that he wanted to make a '10 years later' tune i personally can't stand this kind of attitude 'screw the haters, look where i'm now' tracks, same problem i had with that HHz Say My Name tune. And this one isnt even appealing musically, not even a bit. Pass. 0/10
Brennan Heart & Wildstylez - Reputation Game (Toneshifterz & Code Black Remix) original is fucking amazing, truly unique and underrated tune. Also love CB&TS, but honestly i don't think this was the right remixer choice. The tune did not fit their style at the end of the day and its kinda weird. Would absolutely love to hear a remix of lets say Imaginary by these two. 4/10
Brennan Heart & Zatox- Fight The Resistance (Aftershock Remix) decent, but nothing overwhelming 5/10
Brennan Heart - Won't Hold Me Down (Gravity) (ft. Trevor Guthrie) one of my fav Brennan tunes of the latest years, 10/10
Brennan Heart & Toneshifterz - Define Yourself (I AM HARDSTYLE 2018 Anthem) lovely tune, but the same problem as the 2019 tune - that singing break is just unnecessary and kills the flow 7.5/10
Brennan Heart & Jonathan Mendelsohn - Coming Back To You these two guys are a great combo, always 9/10
Brennan Heart & Galactixx - Partyfreak the best kick on the album _O_ TBH i wish the big producers like Brennan did these fun, party, hard hitting, no pop vocal tunes a little more often 9.5/10
Brennan Heart & Rebourne - Ravers Memory cool one 7.5/10
Brennan Heart - Fuelled By Fanatics (Official Decibel 2018 Anthem) love this one, pure classic Brennan sound 9/10
Brennan Heart - Life Begins (Blademasterz Edit) shame they left out the gated kick outro in the album version, was my fav part of the tune :( still awesome! 9/10

Artwork this is in my opinon actually one of the best artworks a hardstyle album ever had, i just love the simplicity and the colors _O_ 10/10

Best tune the title track (not counting the older tunes here)

Overall impression it's a very decent album and i feel like i wont just forget about it after two weeks. It flows nice, it's definitely diverse enough and tbh this time i don't even mind the old tunes.
Some of the new tunes are pretty damn decent, but frankly i'm kinda missing this one pure 10/10 absolutely perfect, legendary tune. Well, yea there is Gravity, but that one is over a year old. Need To Feel, the title tune, Deadline, Oucasts, Realness, Harddrop (i'm trying to learn to live with that awfull kick) and a few more are still strong tunes. On the other hand, it allso feels like there is a bit too much filler boring tunes (both remixes, If You Fall, In Your Face) and i also have to feel that the overall sound is a little too plastic here and there, especially with the kicks. Def a good album, but tbh nowhere near the I Am Hardstyle album. 7/10
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby VOL-E » 22 Mar 2019, 12:55

Anger, aggression
The only thing we know...

cant stop my self singing these words durig this track :+
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Postby niconietom » 22 Mar 2019, 17:11

Terrible album :sick:
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (22)
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 23 Mar 2019, 08:39

Btw anyone noticed that the melo chord from Show Your True Colors comes from

I see what u did there brennan :+
ceero (27)
State Retired Person

Postby The Convicted » 23 Mar 2019, 10:05

ceero:Artwork this is in my opinon actually one of the best artworks a hardstyle album ever had, i just love the simplicity and the colors _O_ 10/10

Talking about the simplicity and colors, Black Mirror Society's cover is much more likeable to me :D
The Convicted (24)
State Retired Person

Postby SKRWD » 23 Mar 2019, 13:04

niconietom:Terrible album :sick:

I usually avoid edgy comments like these but you're right... Don't like this album at all tbh, which is a shame because BH is a talented producer
SKRWD (24)
State Senior Citizen

Postby John Cove » 23 Mar 2019, 15:09

The peak of boredom.
John Cove (31)
Crab

Postby Emre » 23 Mar 2019, 18:27

4-5 nice tracks imo, rest is extremely boring but I saw that coming since BH's music is the prime example of overrated averageness to me, so I'll just focus on the positive and listen to the good tracks when I feel like it :)
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby niconietom » 24 Mar 2019, 11:22

SKRWD:
niconietom:Terrible album :sick:

I usually avoid edgy comments like these but you're right... Don't like this album at all tbh, which is a shame because BH is a talented producer

I mean, I'm not trying to be the hater or anything, but I didn´t like any tune here execept for If You Fall I'll Catch You
Welcome to the aftershock.
niconietom (22)
State Celebrity

Postby SKRWD » 24 Mar 2019, 12:29

niconietom:I mean, I'm not trying to be the hater or anything, but I didn´t like any tune here execept for If You Fall I'll Catch You

It's all good, mate :D Wasn't meant in an offensive way. With edgy I simply meant how you were expressing your opinion. Nothing wrong with that
SKRWD (24)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles