Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Track Snippets/Previews (Give feedback before posting yours)

Need feedback on your Hardcore track? Post it here

Postby ljk32 » 05 Jun 2013, 12:37

Asklepios:I need time to discover how to produce hardcore, all the rules, etc.

This is where you'll go wrong. Fuck the rules, or whatever's the 'standard' in regards to Hardcore production, just do what you're doing, it sounds fine as it is. The only thing following set procedures will do is give you generic, piece-of-crap tracks. However, of course, if you don't want your stuff to be unique, ignore what I mentioned about fucking the rules.

In terms of the track, I assume you'd fix up the mix significantly at the end of the composition stage, but if not, I'll tell you now anyway - the mix is quite messy, the elements in the track need to sit nicely together, it seems as though the lead and kick are conflicting. Also, I'd personally remove the glidey synth in the main climax, but of course that's up to you. However, this is quite well-made, nice job man.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Asklepios » 05 Jun 2013, 19:32

ljk32:
Asklepios:I need time to discover how to produce hardcore, all the rules, etc.

This is where you'll go wrong. Fuck the rules, or whatever's the 'standard' in regards to Hardcore production, just do what you're doing, it sounds fine as it is. The only thing following set procedures will do is give you generic, piece-of-crap tracks. However, of course, if you don't want your stuff to be unique, ignore what I mentioned about fucking the rules.

You haven't understand me, it was not to produce some generic stuffs cause I like to have my own style, my own touch, but it's just to know the basics.

ljk32:In terms of the track, I assume you'd fix up the mix significantly at the end of the composition stage, but if not, I'll tell you now anyway - the mix is quite messy, the elements in the track need to sit nicely together, it seems as though the lead and kick are conflicting.

To be honest, I can say that you have just discovered why I've never finished/sold a track, cause I am not really good for these stuffs, I try to work on it but I guess I don't have a good equipment to do it (headphones and a labtop, which is lagging as hell xD), the only thing I love is working on sound design and ideas. I recognize that I need help for these things :D

btw, thx for your review and I will work on it again.
There just might be a gremlin in your house
Soundcloud
Feel free to ask ;-)
Asklepios (29)
State Citizen

Postby Aftershoq » 05 Jun 2013, 20:13

Nekasrof, sounds cool but i don't really hear Nosferatu. :D He has such a variation in style. :)

Asklepios, sounds pretty nice only the kick really sounds hardstylish in my opinion. ;)
Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (29)
State Native

Postby NEKA » 12 Jun 2013, 02:03

@Asklepios, I'm loving it even more. Maybe work on those lead synths, add a more detuned and stronger osced supersaw under it? The second melody could be better with a little note changing and better synth. The kicks are original though _O_

I took a snippet of nw Battlefield 4 trailer, and found out that it's an awesome crossbreed-like bassdrum. So here's the end result, should I keep on working on it?
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby Aftershoq » 13 Jun 2013, 15:42

Can't say i like it cause it's not my cup of tea nekasrof. :)

Changed the melody of my latest track.
The flow of the previous one was just not there yet. :)

Facebook Soundcloud
Gear: Macbook pro 13", Thunderbolt Display 27", Focusrite Saffire USB 6, Novation Impulse 49, Genelec 8040A's,Cubase 7,Logic pro 9

Aftershoq (29)
State Native

Postby DieHardy » 21 Jun 2013, 02:48

AftershoQ.Music:Can't say i like it cause it's not my cup of tea nekasrof. :)

Changed the melody of my latest track.
The flow of the previous one was just not there yet. :)

klinkt echt dope man!
DieHardy (34)
State Citizen

Postby NEKA » 23 Jun 2013, 04:44

@Aftershoq, honestly I liked the previous melody more :? but not bad at all, kick could use some better mastering, it sounds really good but really metallic.

new kick and intro, good god how Soundcloud rapes the quality :rofl:

EDIT:
here's another preview, and it's probably the hardest kick-drum I've ever made :fist: I took a lot of influences from Ophidian and crossbreed in this one.
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby Aftershoq » 23 Jun 2013, 19:27

Nice ones Nekasrof. Like that first snip better tho but i'm a more mainstreamish kind of guy. ;)

Made a new piece of music 2 today. :)
Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (29)
State Native

Postby DieHardy » 03 Jul 2013, 07:28

AftershoQ.Music:Nice ones Nekasrof. Like that first snip better tho but i'm a more mainstreamish kind of guy. ;)

Made a new piece of music 2 today. :)

Lekkere kick.. hij komt alleen gek in na de eerste break..
Ik ben nog een echt beginneling met kicks maken, het pitch lukt nog niet..
Maar hier is een ideetje van een nieuw project..

DieHardy (34)
State Citizen

Postby Asklepios » 16 Jul 2013, 22:52

@Nekasrof nice kick, sounds good, not sure about the breakbeats, must be raaaaaaaaaaw :P

Just improved a bit that shit recently, dunno if i will finish it, i'm not good for mixing (6)
There just might be a gremlin in your house
Soundcloud
Feel free to ask ;-)
Asklepios (29)
State Citizen

Postby Aftershoq » 03 Sep 2013, 14:33

Somethings wrong with your kick. It's sounds pretty good but every couple of kicks it has no tail. Compressor maybe? :) Overall it's more sped up hardstyle in my opinion. ;)

This is a track i was working on untill i had something better. Not goin' to finish it i think but i tought it was decent at first. :)
Facebook Soundcloud

Aftershoq (29)
State Native

Postby NEKA » 13 Oct 2013, 21:12

@Asklepios, getting better! But what Aftershoq said, the kick is a little too overcompressed and the melody could use some release or delay/reverb. I still like it bro! _O_

More like 2009-like melodic hardcore tracks.
NEKA (25)
Producer

Postby Raveriderz » 15 Oct 2013, 13:37

Raveriderz (27)
State Outsider

Postby Done Heavy » 24 Jan 2014, 22:33

Raveriderz; sorry man, but your link is down (understandable seeing your comment is from 15 Oct last year)
Nekasrof; Wow, awesome plucks. This is the hardcore I like. Good vocals, maybe the lead is a little bit too low in volume.

I normally don't do Hardcore. But I wanted to try it. I've been working for it for a few weeks and I kinda like it so far. I'm struggling with the mixdown tho, came to the conclusion Hardcore is pretty hard to mix (when you compare it to trance or house)

note: the melody is from ''Radical Redemption & Frequencerz - Insanity'' played in a different key'.

Done Heavy (23)
Producer

Postby Dj Reaper » 22 Feb 2014, 14:07

@The Seeker: your kic needs to stand out more, I guess you should add some high frequencies.

I just want to know wether this screech sounds annoying for an intro and I should replace it or wheter it sounds good or needs little tweaking.

Dj Reaper
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles