Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Samples

Sound design and production in general

Postby ljk32 » 09 Apr 2011, 11:34

Just about to start my first track and was wondering, is it ok to use samples for things like snares, rides, hi-hats, etc, coz I feel bad using them. I make everything else on my own.And if it is ok to use them, would you recommend some to download.
Thank you.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Doolittle » 09 Apr 2011, 11:47

i think 90% of the producers here use samples for Claps, snares, hi hats etc... So i dont think its a problem :)
Doolittle
Producer

Postby ljk32 » 09 Apr 2011, 11:57

fair enough, recommend some to download?
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Q-Rater » 09 Apr 2011, 12:34

ljk32:fair enough, recommend some to download?

Anything from Vengance or Loopmasters, Blutonium pack is very overused. Synthesised percussion usually sounds like shit unless your producing house or something.
P.S. "I'm just about to start my first track", usually preperation before you do something for the first time is always better, however i've found that no amount of youtube tuts or threads will be better than your own experience in the studio, so get the fuck in there!
Q-Rater (24)
State Native

Postby ljk32 » 09 Apr 2011, 12:51

Wow, thank you very much, finally someone who doesnt bag me out and actually tries to help. Btw, I have done so much preparation- learning synthesis, knobs on vsts, etc, but I realised that it is better for me to just experiment
because im sick of this so-called studying. I'm just hoping that with time I will learn everything. Time to make my first shitty track :dance:
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby arder-arderstyle » 09 Apr 2011, 13:06

post it in track preview section when u have done ur intro and people will give u advice :)
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (29)
State Celebrity

Postby ljk32 » 09 Apr 2011, 13:08

Nah, it will be horrible. I want to get to the stage where people can slightly enjoy my tracks before I post previews.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Pyrapid » 09 Apr 2011, 14:08

ljk32:Nah, it will be horrible. I want to get to the stage where people can slightly enjoy my tracks before I post previews.

Dude, producing music isn't school, it aint a big test your studying to.

When i started producing, i didn't even know what vst's were, how i added more snares/claps and shit to the stepsequencer, and i didn't even know what pattern was..
I got there by pressing buttons, by learning from my mistakes.. what you are doing is trying to get all the help you get can before even producing.. that's trying to go every car lesson, learn everything before you even had the chance to sit in the driversseat.

ps. you'll never get on stage before people hear your music.
- We don't care about a thing, the Dirty Workz, this is the music we bring!
Pyrapid (25)
Producer

Postby arder-arderstyle » 09 Apr 2011, 14:18

Kawaro:
ljk32:Nah, it will be horrible. I want to get to the stage where people can slightly enjoy my tracks before I post previews.

Dude, producing music isn't school, it aint a big test your studying to.

When i started producing, i didn't even know what vst's were, how i added more snares/claps and shit to the stepsequencer, and i didn't even know what pattern was..
I got there by pressing buttons, by learning from my mistakes.. what you are doing is trying to get all the help you get can before even producing.. that's trying to go every car lesson, learn everything before you even had the chance to sit in the driversseat.

ps. you'll never get on stage before people hear your music.

this thats help me the most just checking what does what am still shit tho getting better slowly tho as a learn :)
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (29)
State Celebrity

Postby Shrapnel » 09 Apr 2011, 14:20

have to agree with kawaro :)
i've been here litlle under 6 months, but i think i've improved tenfold just from the advice i've been given from track previews!
its personally made me better so you should try it ;)
good luck too!
Shrapnel (26)
Producer

Postby ljk32 » 09 Apr 2011, 14:24

Omg, wrote a pretty long post and it got deleted. In short, Kawaro, thank you so much, you don't understand how happy you've made me.
ljk32 (24)
State Celebrity

Postby VOL-E » 12 Apr 2011, 01:18

Samples aren't so bad... we can remember The Prodigy... Liam Howlett used samples, but he made a classic work with them ( Voodoo People, Smack my bitch up, etc... ). If you can work with samples good, I don't see any problem in using them, unless it isn't used in every track ( like hk10 or Fabian uses the same synth/intro kick ).

Remember that somebody invented all those VST`s that everybody are using, so somebody already made those sounds, so you are just editing it. I think I know there are producers like ( Noisia ) who are trying to make some new stuff, that isn't in some VST, and ofc it will sound very fresh :)

Noisia bass
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles