Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby Segugio » 13 Jun 2018, 18:12

RaVaGe:Phuture Noize's melodies and leads sounds amateurish as fuck.

Because the leads are generally unaccompanied?

I'm lost on this point. I've always found minimalism to be integral to Hardstyle. Part of the appeal to me is that the music is "naked"; it can't hide behind obscuring countermelodies, fills, and harmonies. Well... it used to be that way.

One thing I notice about him is that he never uses subdivided triples to support his kicks/melodies, and relies heavily on drones. This makes the music somewhat "flat", because it's locked in a single 4/4. That being said, it's no different than what B-Front does, and I never see his music referred to as "amateurish".
Segugio (33)
State Citizen

Postby KiLLu12258 » 14 Jun 2018, 08:18

Segugio:
RaVaGe:Phuture Noize's melodies and leads sounds amateurish as fuck.

Because the leads are generally unaccompanied?

I'm lost on this point. I've always found minimalism to be integral to Hardstyle. Part of the appeal to me is that the music is "naked"; it can't hide behind obscuring countermelodies, fills, and harmonies. Well... it used to be that way.

One thing I notice about him is that he never uses subdivided triples to support his kicks/melodies, and relies heavily on drones. This makes the music somewhat "flat", because it's locked in a single 4/4. That being said, it's no different than what B-Front does, and I never see his music referred to as "amateurish".

amateurish is really bullshit for sure. :D
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 14 Jun 2018, 08:24

I miss MC Ruffian
Romanian Hardstyler (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Reverse Ghost » 14 Jun 2018, 08:43

Phuture Noize makes better tracks than B-Front and is able to carry better more complex melodies. Too many tracks B-Front makes follow an identical type of structure and synth and it's been like that for six years. Change it up already.
Mysterias was and still is severely overrated.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby KiLLu12258 » 14 Jun 2018, 08:49

dont see a reason to compare phuture noize and bfront, for me both have a unique style.. bfront is the master of atmosphere in the breaks and PH at the moment does really well at making catchy melodies.

and yeah.. bfront is sticking to that style a long time, but why should he change it? If you wanna hear something different then hear another artist.
KiLLu12258
State Citizen

Postby Reverse Ghost » 14 Jun 2018, 09:39

KiLLu12258:dont see a reason to compare phuture noize and bfront, for me both have a unique style.. bfront is the master of atmosphere in the breaks and PH at the moment does really well at making catchy melodies.

and yeah.. bfront is sticking to that style a long time, but why should he change it? If you wanna hear something different then hear another artist.

Stagnation is the enemy of creativity :listen: Having a "good atmosphere" loses meaning when nearly every track has the same atmosphere and other producers have evolved their styles multiple times in the same span he's used the same for almost every track.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby ceero » 14 Jun 2018, 13:26

another one : Hardstyle Mafia is fucking boring, overrated and terribly produced

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 14 Jun 2018, 13:31

ceero:another one : Hardstyle Mafia is fucking boring, overrated and terribly produced

This! Especially
terribly produced
:one:
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby Faber93 » 14 Jun 2018, 13:51

Agree with you. They have the same production "skills" they had 10 years ago
Faber93 (25)
State Native

Postby Katsching » 14 Jun 2018, 13:53

Have never thought of this but you're absolutely right, ceero
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (23)
State Hero

Postby Gommes_ » 14 Jun 2018, 15:58

Yep. Never understood how people were into Hardstyle Mafia. But well, I think the same about some Gearbox artists. ;D
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby Skape » 14 Jun 2018, 16:37

ceero:another one : Hardstyle Mafia is fucking boring, overrated and terribly produced

"boring" it's a matter of taste, I love the atmospheres they create in their tracks

"overrated" don't know how you can say that as they're rarely booked anywhere and not much present on socials. I mean i'm not sure most of hardstyle fans know/care about them, so how can they be overrated ? :+

"terribly produced" not an expert so can't really judge that but I recognized that their style hasn't evolved since their beginning
Skape
State Native

Postby The Convicted » 14 Jun 2018, 21:48

Maybe not that unpopular:
- listening to the Hardstyle Pianist versions of the tracks, it makes me think hardstyle is a genre suffering from bipolar disorder with that mood fluctuation which I don't really feel at all listening to the original ones (or I got used to it)
- many of the raw tracks sound like that they could have been DJ tools a few years ago (I still dig them though)
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Doctor Dave » 15 Jun 2018, 12:56

I don't mind HSM actually, but I will agree the mastering / mixdown is often terrible
Doctor Dave (30)
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 15 Jun 2018, 15:02

Uptempo is fucking garbage and half of it sounds like the thing you'd find in the related videos of a Partyraiser track on YouTube in 2008. History will repeat itself with Uptempo as it had played out for Gabber two decades ago. At least I hope so.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles