Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Little Hardstyle release facts and gossips topic

Postby RewiloDJ » 10 May 2019, 11:55

There's soooooooooo much you can do with mixintros if they have something of value, for example vocal samples, that you can use while your current track is playing to either tease or just have fun with it, to me those are very weird comments. To each is own I guess.. :?
RewiloDJ
State Newcomer

Postby Phuture Noize » 10 May 2019, 12:20

ceero:Well, he is talking about 16 bar patterns and 24 seconds of snares, well with all the respect thats a bit of a strawman argument. Mix intros are what you make them to be. If you choose them to be like that, fine, but there are ways how to make them creative and awesome. Ran-D/G4H is pretty great at i, out of the top of my head. so, so, SO many times it happens that there are supercool parts simply left out of the radio edits, becase they dont fit into the nowadays average 'attention span of 2.5 minutes' spotify crowd picture. Thats why im always looking for an extended.

But well, how does he even wonder? This is electronic music, not pop music when 2:50 track length that starts with a singing vocal is a standard. Electronic music is made for mixing, has a certain structure and ofcourse people are going to expect that. But no, I AM DE FUTURE NOISE IM TOO COOL TO DO THAT, well ofc artist can choose to do it this way but how on earth does he wonder that people are expecting that?
+ Is he actually confessing his djing is just cueing one track after another? _O-

hi,

hardstyle nowadays has a very pop-alike structure. intro/verse - the break. a build-up into a chorus - the drop. and then into a bridge or verse - break again. and then a chorus again - drop again.

now you can indeed think like the old era where mixing indeed was a lot more interesting (yes i started mixing then too) but it simply isnt the case anymore. yes you can still do these tease mixes, but other than that i think 95% of my sets consists out of music who isnt made to have fancy transistions where cool stuff can happen in the mix simply because it'll ruin the track or kill the vibe on the dancefloor.

i've played tons of gigs where i tried interesting mixes in modern hardstyle but it never actually added something cool to the tracks/mix/set, even most of the times people immediately stopped dancing because it was super random to them.

i still enjoy the classic way of mixing hardstyle when i am mixing some classic hardstyle at home or somewhere else, but as you might know i try to push my hardstyle forward in to the direction i think is best. i don't think my music (since the music rules the noize era) is actually suited for this classic style of mixing - what i call the techno style of mixing. slow long transistions where u can have 24-56seconds of 2 tracks playing a long. also almost every piece of hardstyle done by colleague's have the same /problem/.

of course i expected hobby dj's or collectors to be salty about this - because hey just like you said, it is the culture and it is expected to be like this. i don't get the fact you think /electronic music/ - what does that even mean? - should be this way, no one ever wrote down the rules for this.

technically electronic music is music made with electronic instruments - like almost every pop record today.

and yes, you can read that as a "confession my djing is just cueing one track after another", but mixing hardstyle is just easy these days because of the reasons i just wrote down. the tracks you play define your sets nowadays instead of how you mix them. so yes i try to spend my time selecting the right tunes for that moment on the dancefloor instead of trying to do super complex transistions.

it is just a thought online that mixing hardstyle should be interesting and super cool, but in fact it simply cant be anymore if you play for the crowds (plus i really dislike cluttered mixes myself too, just like the crowd). when i want to spend time making dope mixes i mix techno or something alike.

so don't get me wrong i do cherish the old style of mixing, but in my honest opinion it only works if the music is made for it. which i think isn't the case anymore and that has been for some years now.

oh and please dude, don't be so salty to me for me giving out my opinion. i am not putting down others when i try to do shit my way.
Phuture Noize
Producer

Postby tomm!c » 10 May 2019, 12:29

ceero:Well, he is talking about 16 bar patterns and 24 seconds of snares, well with all the respect thats a bit of a strawman argument. Mix intros are what you make them to be. If you choose them to be like that, fine, but there are ways how to make them creative and awesome. Ran-D/G4H is pretty great at i, out of the top of my head. so, so, SO many times it happens that there are supercool parts simply left out of the radio edits, becase they dont fit into the nowadays average 'attention span of 2.5 minutes' spotify crowd picture. Thats why im always looking for an extended.

But well, how does he even wonder? This is electronic music, not pop music when 2:50 track length that starts with a singing vocal is a standard. Electronic music is made for mixing, has a certain structure and ofcourse people are going to expect that. But no, I AM DE FUTURE NOISE IM TOO COOL TO DO THAT, well ofc artist can choose to do it this way but how on earth does he wonder that people are expecting that?
+ Is he actually confessing his djing is just cueing one track after another? _O-

Exactly. Oh man I miss those days where TBY couldn't fit more than 10 tracks in a one hour set just because he was literally mixing for like two minutes long per track. And I can still remember that playing both mids of DR - Voice of Conscience and Killer Clown - Tormented sounded sooo nicely together. Nowadays the only thing a track needs is a reverbed kickdrum with a shitload of sidechained whitenoise at the beginning and the end of the track. Push play and there you go, your mixing is perfect.
tomm!c
State Senior Citizen

Postby Spaceman » 10 May 2019, 15:27

Phuture Noize:

hi,

hardstyle nowadays has a very pop-alike structure. intro/verse - the break. a build-up into a chorus - the drop. and then into a bridge or verse - break again. and then a chorus again - drop again.

now you can indeed think like the old era where mixing indeed was a lot more interesting (yes i started mixing then too) but it simply isnt the case anymore. yes you can still do these tease mixes, but other than that i think 95% of my sets consists out of music who isnt made to have fancy transistions where cool stuff can happen in the mix simply because it'll ruin the track or kill the vibe on the dancefloor.

i've played tons of gigs where i tried interesting mixes in modern hardstyle but it never actually added something cool to the tracks/mix/set, even most of the times people immediately stopped dancing because it was super random to them.

i still enjoy the classic way of mixing hardstyle when i am mixing some classic hardstyle at home or somewhere else, but as you might know i try to push my hardstyle forward in to the direction i think is best. i don't think my music (since the music rules the noize era) is actually suited for this classic style of mixing - what i call the techno style of mixing. slow long transistions where u can have 24-56seconds of 2 tracks playing a long. also almost every piece of hardstyle done by colleague's have the same /problem/.

of course i expected hobby dj's or collectors to be salty about this - because hey just like you said, it is the culture and it is expected to be like this. i don't get the fact you think /electronic music/ - what does that even mean? - should be this way, no one ever wrote down the rules for this.

technically electronic music is music made with electronic instruments - like almost every pop record today.

and yes, you can read that as a "confession my djing is just cueing one track after another", but mixing hardstyle is just easy these days because of the reasons i just wrote down. the tracks you play define your sets nowadays instead of how you mix them. so yes i try to spend my time selecting the right tunes for that moment on the dancefloor instead of trying to do super complex transistions.

it is just a thought online that mixing hardstyle should be interesting and super cool, but in fact it simply cant be anymore if you play for the crowds (plus i really dislike cluttered mixes myself too, just like the crowd). when i want to spend time making dope mixes i mix techno or something alike.

so don't get me wrong i do cherish the old style of mixing, but in my honest opinion it only works if the music is made for it. which i think isn't the case anymore and that has been for some years now.

oh and please dude, don't be so salty to me for me giving out my opinion. i am not putting down others when i try to do shit my way.

I am not a DJ/Producer but also prefer tracks with some proper intro/outro.

Since your first release on Anarchy I have been buying your tracks, its such a big deal to add some intro/outro and releasing this tracks ?.
Spaceman (27)
State Citizen

Postby Katsching » 10 May 2019, 16:03

I actually never or let's say rarely buy hardstyle/techno/trance tracks that don't have a inter-mixable intro/outro
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (24)
State Hero

Postby solarized » 10 May 2019, 16:23

Maybe my opinion doesn't matter but I am not a DJ or a hobbyist or whatever and I never listen to anything but radio edits because when I'm just casually listening, they literally break up the flow and i find myself having to fast-forward through them 24-ish seconds of intro & outro and it becomes super annoying. I'm glad modern hardstyle is moving towards this direction and I'm thankful for Marco saying what is essentially the obvious truth now.
I am a Space Warrior
solarized (35)
State Hero

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 10 May 2019, 16:50

solarized:Maybe my opinion doesn't matter but I am not a DJ or a hobbyist or whatever and I never listen to anything but radio edits because when I'm just casually listening, they literally break up the flow and i find myself having to fast-forward through them 24-ish seconds of intro & outro and it becomes super annoying. I'm glad modern hardstyle is moving towards this direction and I'm thankful for Marco saying what is essentially the obvious truth now.

Same opinion here
lilfrenchidiot (23)
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 10 May 2019, 16:50

RewiloDJ:There's soooooooooo much you can do with mixintros if they have something of value, for example vocal samples, that you can use while your current track is playing to either tease or just have fun with it, to me those are very weird comments. To each is own I guess.. :?

This. I'm hobby dj and even when Hardstyle maybe isn't the number one genre for creative mixing, if cue -> cue with 1 second of silence inbetween becomes the standard we might aswell not mix at all and prerecord everything. Those 24 (More like 25/26 @ 150 bpm btw) seconds are still allowing some fun. I think Marco just views hardstyle tracks more like stories, instead of dancefloor party music. And that's understandable because his tracks are heavily atmosphere-based. Tbh I like extended mixes, even for casual listening. I want the full thing. Actually, listening extendeds creates some placebo in my head that the quality is better too :+ (Even if both radio edit/extended are exact same 320/web quality).
Last edited by Emre on 10 May 2019, 18:36, edited 2 times in total.
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby DjVero » 10 May 2019, 18:30

Just connect your phone to CDJs with a pre-selected tracklist and a robot that looks human and there you go; the future of DJing in five to ten years if all the tracks will be released without mixable intro/outros. It should save a shitload of money for event organizations when they don't have to pay for over-priced DJs anymore and thus reducing ticket prices as well. Perfect idea PN _O_ _O_
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (31)
Crab

Postby M3dia » 10 May 2019, 19:12

solarized:Maybe my opinion doesn't matter but I am not a DJ or a hobbyist or whatever and I never listen to anything but radio edits because when I'm just casually listening, they literally break up the flow and i find myself having to fast-forward through them 24-ish seconds of intro & outro and it becomes super annoying. I'm glad modern hardstyle is moving towards this direction and I'm thankful for Marco saying what is essentially the obvious truth now.

That's not the point of the conversation tho, isn't it? :D For listening on Spotify? I am on your side, screw the intro. For mixing because I like a track and support a DJ / Label by buying it? I want it.
M3dia (25)
State Native

Postby Phuture Noize » 10 May 2019, 19:32

DjVero:Just connect your phone to CDJs with a pre-selected tracklist and a robot that looks human and there you go; the future of DJing in five to ten years if all the tracks will be released without mixable intro/outros. It should save a shitload of money for event organizations when they don't have to pay for over-priced DJs anymore and thus reducing ticket prices as well. Perfect idea PN _O_ _O_

'
oh wow you completely missed the point here.

we as dj/producers/musicians get paid to play out live nowadays because we make and play music people enjoy. that's why people buy a ticket nowadays. my whole point of that message on instagram was in the first place to tell people there are no "extended mixes" with long intro's/outro's of the music i made because i never made them. i feel that kills the vibe for the music i make.

emre said it right for me, i never said you guys arent allowed to make amazing mixes on cdj's and tease the hell out of these vocals if you want to, i only said i dont think my music allows me to make these mixes like the classic hardstyle.

plus guys, you ever saw dj's playing hiphop or other genre's on cdj's/vinyl? as if these tracks had any mix-intro's. i think before you get attacked by me trying to change your vision on the culture you should think outside the box and see what i am trying to say.

plus for everyone out there wondering; i am going to release all these tracks i made with these mixintro's i play live for you when my black mirror society deluxe edition drops. and will keep it all in mind in the future.
Phuture Noize
Producer

Postby Reverse Ghost » 10 May 2019, 19:46

It's the obvious truth that the current style of mixing for Hardstyle is also the standard, I don't get all the salt. I don't much like it either but it is what it is, and at least for home listening, it's relatively enjoyable. If I want to listen to a mix with proper intro/outro mixing I'll just listen to some older stuff and Techno mixes like I've been doing lately.
If you want a truly braindead mixing genre though, go no further than Big Room.
Reverse Ghost (25)
State Legend

Postby VOL-E » 10 May 2019, 19:55

plus guys, you ever saw dj's playing hiphop or other genre's on cdj's/vinyl? as if these tracks had any mix-intro's.

check some dnb parties :)
i see you with my x-ray
VOL-E (30)
Crab

Postby Bomberz » 10 May 2019, 19:59

Phuture Noize:
DjVero:Just connect your phone to CDJs with a pre-selected tracklist and a robot that looks human and there you go; the future of DJing in five to ten years if all the tracks will be released without mixable intro/outros. It should save a shitload of money for event organizations when they don't have to pay for over-priced DJs anymore and thus reducing ticket prices as well. Perfect idea PN _O_ _O_

'

we as dj/producers/musicians get paid to play out live nowadays because we make and play music people enjoy. that's why people buy a ticket nowadays. my whole point of that message on instagram was in the first place to tell people there are no "extended mixes" with long intro's/outro's of the music i made because i never made them. i feel that kills the vibe for the music i make.

emre said it right for me, i never said you guys arent allowed to make amazing mixes on cdj's and tease the hell out of these vocals if you want to, i only said i dont think my music allows me to make these mixes like the classic hardstyle.

plus guys, you ever saw dj's playing hiphop or other genre's on cdj's/vinyl? as if these tracks had any mix-intro's. i think before you get attacked by me trying to change your vision on the culture you should think outside the box and see what i am trying to say.

plus for everyone out there wondering; i am going to release all these tracks i made with these mixintro's i play live for you when my black mirror society deluxe edition drops. and will keep it all in mind in the future.

I don't want those midintros in the CD version of BMS Deluxe :+ for me it is perfect this way, I really enjoy playing the original album in my car without midintros killing the vibe. Just my two cents haha.
Bomberz (25)
Global Mod

Postby Spaceman » 10 May 2019, 22:28

Bomberz:
Phuture Noize:

'

I don't want those midintros in the CD version of BMS Deluxe :+ for me it is perfect this way, I really enjoy playing the original album in my car without midintros killing the vibe. Just my two cents haha.

CD: Radio Edit
Streaming: Radio Edit
hardstyle.com/juno: "Extended Mix"

Then nobody would complain (probably^^).

@Phuture Noize will be the "A New Day EP" as well released on the BMS Deluxe ?.
Spaceman (27)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles