Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby John Cove » 15 Dec 2019, 19:47

Has there ever been a such a boring post Qlimax month in terms of releases/buzz/discussions or is it just the board slowly dying? Or it's just me these days? I'm so done with all the big jocks releasing so little music.
John Cove (32)
Crab

Postby ceero » 15 Dec 2019, 20:13

Well, december/January are always boring as hell release-wise
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby Gracio » 15 Dec 2019, 23:26

Yep as usually every year.
I hope some of the producers releasing some free tracks as christmas present.

FIFA World Cup Winner 2014: Germany
Harderstate World Cup Prediction Champion!!!
Gracio (32)
Crab

Postby spitles » 16 Dec 2019, 05:20

John Cove:is it just the board slowly dying?

forum funny days are over :(
everyone is @ youtube facebook discord etc...
also phpBB is very outdated (unlike XenForo2)
spitles (33)
State Senior Citizen

Postby DjVero » 16 Dec 2019, 19:09

John Cove:Has there ever been a such a boring post Qlimax month in terms of releases/buzz/discussions or is it just the board slowly dying?

I think it is the latter unfortunately, but it's been like that for quite some time already. There's only a handful of steady posters here, but that's it.
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (31)
Crab

Postby adamross » 17 Dec 2019, 16:05

Too bad. We don't have any other place (international) like this... Events / gossips / releases.. Harderstate was always my go to place to announce my new tracks etc...
adamross
Producer

Postby ceero » 17 Dec 2019, 16:09

Well, there is the r/hardstyle subreddit, but its like 80% frenchcore and gearbox fanboys, so not a place i'd want to spend my time at.
ceero (28)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 17 Dec 2019, 16:12

ceero:Well, there is the r/hardstyle subreddit, but its like 80% frenchcore and gearbox fanboys, so not a place i'd want to spend my time at.

That's a bit exaggerated imo, but I get your point. I guess the 'forum format' in general has been losing appeal, and social media has a big part in that.
It was, it was like slow motion
and everything was so out of my control
In that moment, I don't know...what happens where souls go,
but I really realized the depth of love that I had and... Thank god for music
Emre (25)
State Retired Person

Postby spitles » 18 Dec 2019, 05:15

adamross:Too bad. We don't have any other place (international) like this... Events / gossips / releases.. Harderstate was always my go to place to announce my new tracks etc...

ye ... too bad that forums are dead, now it's just about the stuffs with the most funny numbers. New artists/acts are invisible at YouTube/Facebook when they aren't part of the brands with the funny high scores. They'll stay with their 5 funny fans/followers until their doom, they can't grow. Eventually forum survivors can notice their posts at forums. Eventually shop warriors can notice their tracks if they take the time to listen to releases from unknown artists/acts. Eventually some funny label dudes get notified of their existence lol.

But then there's something else imo. Hardstyle can't grow the way it is nowadays. Event globalisation (or Q & friends travelling here and there) is funny but that's not enough imo, and it feels like nothing could be done actually as hardstyle takes too much time to produce. The learning process alone takes too much time. And the nowadays hardstyle sound quality (from Q/Endymion/etc...) reached an incredible point. It must be really hard to be a new lonely hardstyle artist/try-harder nowadays compared to 10-15 years ago. Except maybe when it comes to shitty raw. (i mean anyone can drop some raw shit in a few minutes, if I can do it anyone can do it too lol).
spitles (33)
State Senior Citizen

Postby The Convicted » 27 Dec 2019, 13:33

Does anyone know what happened to the site of Fools Forest? I was looking for their releases to be downloaded for free over there (seen on Hardtraxx) but the page is unavailable :(
The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Raw Output » 27 Dec 2019, 13:50

The Convicted:Does anyone know what happened to the site of Fools Forest? I was looking for their releases to be downloaded for free over there (seen on Hardtraxx) but the page is unavailable :(

Probably the domain expired, since 10 years is the maximum you can "buy" one for.
Raw Output (27)
Producer

Postby The Convicted » 27 Dec 2019, 14:00

But if it's true, how come nobody cares about that?
The Convicted (25)
State Retired Person

Postby Tomix » 29 Dec 2019, 16:39

1) Has anyone read the BH biopic book? Is it worth, any review guys?

2) Has anyone been to Audiofreq's performance lately, how was it? His DQ1 set was pretty fun, energetic and entertaining :D :dance:
He seems drifting to hc and experimenting a lot with that sound :)
Tomix (29)
State Native

Postby ThePrincipal » 01 Jan 2020, 09:36

I put up my 2019 yearmix yesterday and the most recent episodes of my Monthly Meeting podcast in my topic on here

The Dec episode had Synthsoldier on it so some of you might like that :)

Got more big name Aussie and Europeans locked in for 2020 as well! <3

post661659.html#p661659
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby adamross » 07 Jan 2020, 13:11

ugh, i'm the only one who's experiencing the trend on spotify that it is flooooded with really bad hardstyle productions?
Small labels and bigger ones alike and some independent artists...but damn especially the kicks (which is strange because u can literrally find full on perfect kicks online anywhere...legally.) and the overall productions are awful.

My release radar and discover weekly is full of them.
adamross
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles