Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General purpose thread

Postby ceero » 24 Jan 2018, 18:41

Yeah. Such hipster. Much wow. Lets all toss our cellphones into a river and use the oldskool dialup cable line telephones instead. Good old times, people talked to each other, sun was brighter, grass was greener and there was world peace.
This moaning about people staring into cellphones is just pathetic.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby John Cove » 24 Jan 2018, 20:46

ceero:Yeah. Such hipster. Much wow. Lets all toss our cellphones into a river and use the oldskool dialup cable line telephones instead. Good old times, people talked to each other, sun was brighter, grass was greener and there was world peace.

Don't worry, he's not going to take away your phone, make you sign a contract, or slap you with some horrifying legal action if you happen to post as much as a Snapchat story. He's just asking that you take this leap with him into the music and forget about your phone and online presence for a while.

“My team and I were super anxious about whether we could pull an event like this off,” Lane 8 says in an email. “We debated so many different technologies and little tools that could help us accomplish our no-phones-on-the-dancefloor goal, but ultimately we decided that if the fans didn't buy into the concept and self-enforce the core values, no amount of technology would help us. We focused on getting the message out -- letting people know what our vision is and why we think it's so important.”

Lane 8's intent is simply to recapture the feeling he used to have before the constant connectedness took hold. Last spring, he took to Facebook to wax poetic about the old days when “people were united by a desire to experience electronic music in the purest sense,” when “nothing else mattered but the sheer power music had to bring people joy.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7453815/lane-8-this-never-happened-tour-divina-stream

I really like most of your posts ceero, but this time you're pretty one-sided.
John Cove (30)
Crab

Postby Doctor Dave » 24 Jan 2018, 21:41

When I went to Sensation Black and Qlimax in '06 I actually brought a digital camera with me :+
Doctor Dave (30)
Producer

Postby DirtyTok » 24 Jan 2018, 21:55

Doctor Dave:When I went to Sensation Black and Qlimax in '06 I actually brought a digital camera with me :+

_O_ _O_ _O_ :rofl:
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby Emre » 24 Jan 2018, 21:57

Oldskool flavaa :rofl:
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby DjVero » 24 Jan 2018, 22:51

ceero:Yeah. Such hipster. Much wow. Lets all toss our cellphones into a river and use the oldskool dialup cable line telephones instead. Good old times, people talked to each other, sun was brighter, grass was greener and there was world peace.

Exactly this. When it's a special show centered around the no cellphone policy like Line 8's, fine, but people whining about other people using their cells too much is just completely ridiculous, but yea, it's to understand with social media and the constant connectedness. People pay too much fucking attention to one another :fist:
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Qobalt » 24 Jan 2018, 23:05

Holy shit these reactions just discourage to stay at this board.
Wtf ceero?
Anyone has his opinion.
I just said it but you butthurted.
Qobalt (25)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 24 Jan 2018, 23:13

John Cove:

Don't worry, he's not going to take away your phone, make you sign a contract, or slap you with some horrifying legal action if you happen to post as much as a Snapchat story. He's just asking that you take this leap with him into the music and forget about your phone and online presence for a while.

“My team and I were super anxious about whether we could pull an event like this off,” Lane 8 says in an email. “We debated so many different technologies and little tools that could help us accomplish our no-phones-on-the-dancefloor goal, but ultimately we decided that if the fans didn't buy into the concept and self-enforce the core values, no amount of technology would help us. We focused on getting the message out -- letting people know what our vision is and why we think it's so important.”

Lane 8's intent is simply to recapture the feeling he used to have before the constant connectedness took hold. Last spring, he took to Facebook to wax poetic about the old days when “people were united by a desire to experience electronic music in the purest sense,” when “nothing else mattered but the sheer power music had to bring people joy.”

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7453815/lane-8-this-never-happened-tour-divina-stream

I really like most of your posts ceero, but this time you're pretty one-sided.

I suppose deep house is kinda hipster ish but it's better than most other music out there ;)
And I went to the Lane 8 Melbourne show last year, only 2 or 3 people out of about 1100 didn't follow the rules about the phones. He is doing another tour as we speak and I'm sure the concept works a treat.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 02 Feb 2018, 22:10

someone can hep me identify this accent? it's been buugging my mind for quite some time lol

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Emre » 02 Feb 2018, 22:13

Sounds like regular British to me?
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Postby bassfaceBAM » 03 Feb 2018, 22:29

Southern English accent.
bassfaceBAM (30)
State Celebrity

Postby The-SillyAk » 04 Feb 2018, 13:14

Anyone have any idea when the Hardstyle Pianist is going to be releasing his E.P?
Can't go past those Alan Watts samples.
The-SillyAk
State Citizen

Postby Bomberz » 04 Feb 2018, 17:26

It seems that the original version of Headhunterz - Now Is The Time has been leaked. It was made in 2012 :)
Bomberz (24)
Global Mod

Postby Twixel » 04 Feb 2018, 17:37

Bomberz:It seems that the original version of Headhunterz - Now Is The Time has been leaked. It was made in 2012 :)

yep, check it removed
Last edited by Malgranda on 05 Feb 2018, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sharing leaked tracks isn't allowed ;)
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby Emre » 04 Feb 2018, 17:41

^ pretty sure sharing links of illegally leaked tracks isn't allowed.
Emre (24)
State Retired Person

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles