Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

DJ Main - Another World

Postby ljk32 » 22 Dec 2013, 00:41

Yes, I am aware that there's a General Purpose Thread, but my post in there got buried and I figure more people would see it here.

I'll just quote what I said. So a while ago I posted this:

ljk32:If anyone has an idea about this, some help would be appreciated. I'm trying to buy a track, but it was never really well-known and I can't seem to find it anywhere (besides on vinyl). The track is DJ Main - Another World. Discogs lists it as a vinyl release (http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Main-Another-World/release/1169950), so I'm pretty sure it was never released digitally (however, I don't know for sure). Would there have ever been a digital release of the track? It's disappointing if not, since I've always wanted a 320 of it, but there's nothing I can do about that.

The best that could be found was a 192 kbp/s version of the track, so someone suggested to contact her. I tried adding her on her Facebook page, but she didn't accept. Is there anything at all I can do to get this track as a 320 mp3? I don't mind if I have to pay a lot for it. Any help would really be appreciated.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby dylannn » 22 Dec 2013, 01:22

Success! (to some extent)
It was released on hardstyle the ultimate collection 2008
So it's definitely in iTunes at 256, if you really want 320 it might be on other download portals?
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby Vicious » 22 Dec 2013, 02:17

dylannn:Success! (to some extent)
It was released on hardstyle the ultimate collection 2008
So it's definitely in iTunes at 256, if you really want 320 it might be on other download portals?

Problem with those comps is that each track only goes for 2-3 mins max, Some even less than that. You usually just get the climax, How long is the track?
Vicious
State Hero

Postby ljk32 » 22 Dec 2013, 05:42

Well, the release here says it's 7:20 - http://www.discogs.com/DJ-Main-Another-World/release/1169950
And yeah, it wouldn't be in full off that compilation.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby dylannn » 22 Dec 2013, 08:14

yeah yeah it's in full. the album is unmixed tracks + dj mix
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby dylannn » 22 Dec 2013, 08:15

dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby dylannn » 22 Dec 2013, 08:30

For some reason, iTunes tends to have albums that are unmixed, unexpectedly
I just looked up showtek - today is tomorrow and as far as I can tell that's completely original mixes too
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Postby ljk32 » 22 Dec 2013, 14:47

Cheers dylannn, I appreciate it. Though, I don't use iTunes, and the highest quality you can get is 256, isn't it?
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby PNXRMX » 22 Dec 2013, 15:52

It's 256kb AAC, which is higher quality than 256 MP3. Probably in the same ballpark as 320 mp3.

And iTunes almost always has unmixed tracks, either full / original mixes or radio edits, depending on what the label supplies.
PNXRMX
State Celebrity

Postby ljk32 » 23 Dec 2013, 01:44

I see. I would get it from iTunes, but it isn't what I use. Is there anything else I can do? If not, I'll try messaging her.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby RossMcleod » 23 Dec 2013, 02:31

ljk32:I see. I would get it from iTunes, but it isn't what I use. Is there anything else I can do? If not, I'll try messaging her.

Why not just get it from iTunes then? :P Install, register, buy, uninstall. You'll have the track within 20 minutes.
RossMcleod (29)
State Celebrity

Postby ljk32 » 23 Dec 2013, 02:42

I guess I read something wrong then - I recall seeing something about how tracks bought within iTunes could only be played within iTunes.
ljk32 (25)
State Celebrity

Postby Vicious » 23 Dec 2013, 10:08

Ah nice one, It's not the compilation series I was thinking of anyway. I thought it was one of those mixes that have like 50 tracks per CD except you get fuck all of each song.
Vicious
State Hero

Postby dylannn » 23 Dec 2013, 11:14

@vicious yeah I hate those kinds of compilations. afaik the only other compilation this song features on is a "top 100" album and that's a 2 minute cut

@ljk32 you can use the downloaded file on any device that supports AAC format :)
dylannn
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles