Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Topic

Postby ceero » 10 Mar 2020, 21:46

So I figured out this is a topic large enough for a separate thread.

Well, on a positive note - at least the producers will have time to finish their damn albums if couple of festivals and gigs get cancelled :+

Nah but for serious, this sucks. Above all, I'm having my fingers crossed the X-Qlusive wont get cancelled, PN really doesnt deserve that after receiving such an honor. But I do understand this. Here in Prague where i currently reside its starting to look quite serious. We have been laid off from work to work from home offices indefinitely until further notice. All the public events forbidden by law. Children laid of from schools. Streets are half empty, shops are getting raod more and more by pasta and flour hoarders for good three weeks already. Government basically panicking. I have a feeling its safe to say shit has hit the fan already and this is not just a media hysteria anymore.

What kind of an impact is this going to have in the scene? I can quite realistically see events like Defqon or Decibel getting cancelled if this shit wont get any better. And its not too difficult to imagine the financial impact on for example Q-Dance if that happens. Cant imagine the impact of that on the scene.
ceero (29)
State Retired Person

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 10 Mar 2020, 21:58

Was going to MoH, guess the plans will be changed :'(
lilfrenchidiot (25)
State Celebrity

Postby th3r3zo » 10 Mar 2020, 22:22

For me still a media hysteria over everything.

In my country already exist a lot of diseases and problems what kill people every day, Denge, cardiac and respiratory diseases, desnutrition, violence and etc, but everybody doesn´t remember or no cares about those ones. But the disinformation about Covid-19 puts everyone upside down.

Sorry, but it is just a flu. The people who have a dangerous disease or a low healthy condition carry the worst part. Like every virus appeared in the last decade.
Last edited by th3r3zo on 10 Mar 2020, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
th3r3zo
State Legend

Postby Jellepetje » 10 Mar 2020, 22:31

th3r3zo:Sorry, but it is just a flu. The people who have a dangerous disease or a low healthy condition carry the worst part. Like every virus appeared in the last decade.

Well i feel sorry for you if you accidentally infect someone near to you with this incurable flu and they die from it.
When it doesn’t directly influence you, it doesn’t mean you don’t have to be careful with the potential risks.
The only limit is your own imagination
Jellepetje (26)
State Native

Postby Gommes_ » 10 Mar 2020, 23:21

th3r3zo:For me still a media hysteria over everything.

In my country already exist a lot of diseases and problems who kill people every day, Denge, cardiac and respiratory diseases, desnutrition, violence and etc, but everybody doesn´t remember or no cares about those ones. But the disinformation about Covid-19 puts everyone upside down.

Sorry, but it is just a flu. The people who have a dangerous disease or a low healthy condition carry the worst part. Like every virus appeared in the last decade.

Yes it's just a flu but with a virus nobody has antibodies in their body yet. That is the huge problem. For instance the subtype H3N2 came along in 1968 and caused a heavy pandemic. Nowadays this is different. Straight from Wikipedia: The dominant strain of annual flu in humans in January 2006 was H3N2. Measured resistance to the standard antiviral drugs amantadine and rimantadine in H3N2 in humans had increased to 91% by 2005.

Or: In the past ten years, H3N2 has tended to dominate in prevalence over H1N1, H1N2, and influenza B. Measured resistance to the standard antiviral drugs amantadine and rimantadine in H3N2 has increased from 1% in 1994 to 12% in 2003 to 91% in 2005.

Corona has to be "established" first in the field of medicine or even in your body. It is not even the fact that people could die but that the hospitals do not have the capacities to take care of the infected. Plus you as a fit and healthy, young, human body could cary it around without noticing it but you could infect people.
That's also why #flatteningthecurve is trending.
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (36)
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 11 Mar 2020, 02:11

either we cancel EVERYTHING and do it now (LOL as if) or if we won't do that, then we all go on about our lives and everything stays normal.

Whether they allow gatherings of up to 100, 500, 10,000, whatever - people will get this shit one way or another.

I'd be relatively confident most of the festival season will end up cancelled at this rate.
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Romanian Hardstyler » 11 Mar 2020, 10:36

This will affect our jobs and lives, and you talk about hardstyle industry?
Romanian Hardstyler (29)
State Celebrity

Postby spitles » 11 Mar 2020, 17:20

---
Last edited by spitles on 17 Sep 2021, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
spitles
State Celebrity

Postby The Blaster » 11 Mar 2020, 20:48

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51839944

too funny. there was plenty of time to be concerned over inaction from china 2 months ago. waited really 3 months to say we cannot use this word lightly. ah, politics.

Well, obviously going to affect the rest of the year, with panic (just or unjust). This will severely affect the hardstyle scene, where people go to parties to make their livelihood. Very sad
The Blaster
State Celebrity

Postby VTraxx » 11 Mar 2020, 20:55

I've changed the topic title to a default Corona topic and made it sticky
Waves, Voices, Distorted Noises..
VTraxx (30)
Verified Source Ninja

Postby Jay » 11 Mar 2020, 22:27

I guess the most dangerous thing is its insane rate of infections.

Exponential growth is something a lot of people tend to misinterpret. It might be just a few hundred or thousand infected right now in the western countries but that can turn into weekly new-infections among the millions real quick - if the governments don't take the necessary precautions.

To visualize exponential growth a bit more. There is a saying i read about in german news explaining the situation today.

It's about the inventor of chess who told some king that he wants to be paid in rice, starting with 1 and doubling with every field on a chessboard (64 fields in total). The number is in the trillions. Which is about 540 Billion tons of rice, or hundreds of years of rice farming on the whole planet.

Even if the lethality of the virus isn't higher than the common flu, the real danger lies in the fact that it can overthrow the system real fast. Healthsystems might collapse under the big numbers.

The economical repercussions are already heavy - i work in the event industry and the damage exceeds the billions €. A lot of small equipment suppliers or event-planing companys are facing existential-threatening situations.

It's definitely not the time for fearmongering, but its also no time to trivialize it.
Jay (28)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby Jay » 11 Mar 2020, 22:36

ThePrincipal:either we cancel EVERYTHING and do it now (LOL as if) or if we won't do that, then we all go on about our lives and everything stays normal.

Whether they allow gatherings of up to 100, 500, 10,000, whatever - people will get this shit one way or another.

I'd be relatively confident most of the festival season will end up cancelled at this rate.

True. A german virologist who studied coronaviruses for a decade or so was recruited for a quite interesting podcast which airs every week right now. He said that atleast 70% of people will probably get the virus - the crucial part is to flatten the curve and don't overload the system with infected people.

Hence is why the cancelling of big events is definitely justified.

Germany is a prime example, carnival kickstarted it around here.
Jay (28)
Diehard Set Collector

Postby spitles » 11 Mar 2020, 23:22

---
Last edited by spitles on 17 Sep 2021, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
spitles
State Celebrity

Postby propells » 12 Mar 2020, 01:21

700€ out the window for me if both Qapital and Rebirth gets cancelled. Add 5-700€ if it’s postponed. I blame China. Hopefully the new measures will be effective.

In Norway they’ve banned all gatherings with 500-1000+ depending on region. 100 visitors or more and the organizer have to get approval by authorities.
I think we all know the answer.. Explosions!
propells (26)
State Celebrity

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles