Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

speedin up hardstyle

Share knowledge about DJ'ing here (Shared HS/HC)

Postby Sindo » 14 Oct 2010, 12:00

I start my first track @ +8% (ehs sounds best with proper tempo) and go up a lot during the set.
When I just listen stuff on the pc, I keep the pitch @ +8% though.
Sindo
State Citizen

Postby A | Killaheadz » 14 Oct 2010, 13:05

icey:Start @ 156 and always end 160+ hehe!!! (6)

This is right way, man!!!! :dance:
A | Killaheadz (27)
Producer

Postby Fusion_Iain » 28 Oct 2010, 04:02

155-156 is perfect.....people say you lose the ....ooomph from the bass if you pitch it too much, plus, any faster and youd be listning to gabba! lol. Im using Virtual Dj just now but i wanna know what controller is best to use....hercules or numark...or is there better?
Fusion_Iain (34)
State Citizen

Postby D-Rian » 28 Oct 2010, 12:14

Do you have Master Tempo on if you pitch it so far? ;)
D-Rian
State Citizen

Postby Klingy » 28 Oct 2010, 12:26

Mater Tempo suxx. Artefacts everywhere :p

@ FusionIan
If you can afford it, a very good option is the Vestax VCI-100/300. If not, I would choose Numark, not Hercules.
Or this Vestax should also be very cool for starting: http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_typhoon.htm
.. ex Phantomias
You need to stay young and open-minded, because you might age but music itself will surely never grow a gray hair.
Klingy (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Fusion_Iain » 28 Oct 2010, 13:34

Phantomias:If you can afford it, a very good option is the Vestax VCI-100/300. If not, I would choose Numark, not Hercules.
Or this Vestax should also be very cool for starting: http://www.thomann.de/gb/vestax_typhoon.htm

excellent thank you :) your now the second person to reccomend this controller so ill look into it
Fusion_Iain (34)
State Citizen

Postby zanshi » 28 Oct 2010, 17:40

+2 to +6, always depends in what mood i am and what i'm playing
in 80% of all cases i use keylock/mastertempo, since i'm trying to get used to harmonic mixing now o:
i dunno how it is on pio's but on reloops i've never had such a huge problems with spectral shimmering and tick fractals when keeping the key, but anyways - on radio or in a club, nobody actually really cares + some tracks sound really weird when they're pitched
"ars ex scientia"
zanshi (26)
State Hero

Postby Klingy » 28 Oct 2010, 18:37

zanshi: but anyways - on radio or in a club, nobody actually really cares + some tracks sound really weird when they're pitched

Right, but it doesn't please me :D

I once made a quick comparison, pitching a track only +2,XX% with and without mastertempo.
without Mastertempo
with Mastertempo

Have to decide everyone for himself/herself, but the mastertempo version sounds bad imo. Especially some kicks sound really swallowed and don't have the pressure anymore.
Recorded from a Pio CDJ-400 btw with only +2,x% pitch. So it's really practice-oriented.

Maybe other players can do it better - would be interesting.
.. ex Phantomias
You need to stay young and open-minded, because you might age but music itself will surely never grow a gray hair.
Klingy (26)
State Celebrity

Postby arder-arderstyle » 28 Oct 2010, 18:55

where can i find th djmix section left a thread ages ago and cant find it. outburst!!
(Early Hardstyle)
arder-arderstyle (28)
State Celebrity

Postby Phil inFamous » 13 Nov 2010, 18:21

Phantomias:
zanshi: but anyways - on radio or in a club, nobody actually really cares + some tracks sound really weird when they're pitched

Right, but it doesn't please me :D

I once made a quick comparison, pitching a track only +2,XX% with and without mastertempo.
without Mastertempo
with Mastertempo

Have to decide everyone for himself/herself, but the mastertempo version sounds bad imo. Especially some kicks sound really swallowed and don't have the pressure anymore.
Recorded from a Pio CDJ-400 btw with only +2,x% pitch. So it's really practice-oriented.

Maybe other players can do it better - would be interesting.

nope my CDJ 800 MK2 did the same, and with SL3 it isn't better. so IMO pitching with mastertempo isn't a good idea. as your demos you can hear easy the problems. some kicks are really kicks and other are "gone". it doesn't fit.
Phil inFamous (31)
State Celebrity

Postby SpiRiT` » 13 Nov 2010, 20:08

153 bpm... nice +2% pitch for 150bpm-tracks.
SpiRiT` (26)
State Celebrity

Postby Shadow Interaction » 18 Nov 2010, 00:51

start 155-160 end

though speed depends on what play direction i want... if i want dark & vile together with hc, surely, i'll play with the pitch up anytime

if its just hardstyle, itll be less pitch, but usually both start at 155 bpm
Shadow Interaction (31)
Producer

Postby Qwertz » 18 Nov 2010, 01:34

well hardstyle became faster and faster, i noticed most 2006 tracks are at 145bpm, even older tracks are 138-145bpm, well now 150bpm is standart and in my opinion theres absolutely no need for hardstyle to become even more fast. imo 150bpm is the limit, because hardstyle isnt meant to be slowed down hardcore... 160bpm is too close to hardcore, doesnt fit with hardstyle imo !
Qwertz (28)
State Celebrity

Postby Shadow Interaction » 18 Nov 2010, 22:55

Qwertz:well hardstyle became faster and faster, i noticed most 2006 tracks are at 145bpm, even older tracks are 138-145bpm, well now 150bpm is standart and in my opinion theres absolutely no need for hardstyle to become even more fast. imo 150bpm is the limit, because hardstyle isnt meant to be slowed down hardcore... 160bpm is too close to hardcore, doesnt fit with hardstyle imo !

old slowed down hardcore started at 140 bpm ;D
Shadow Interaction (31)
Producer

Postby icey » 19 Nov 2010, 07:16

Qwertz:well hardstyle became faster and faster, i noticed most 2006 tracks are at 145bpm, even older tracks are 138-145bpm, well now 150bpm is standart and in my opinion theres absolutely no need for hardstyle to become even more fast. imo 150bpm is the limit, because hardstyle isnt meant to be slowed down hardcore... 160bpm is too close to hardcore, doesnt fit with hardstyle imo !

Play a track like 'sexbusters' and start @ 156bpm and you'll get perfection (L)
icey (31)
State Hero

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles