Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

Unpopular opinions

Postby The Convicted » 02 Sep 2018, 14:27

Might not be the accurate topic, but I'm really craving for a hardstyle documentary about the beginnings with rare footage (videos and pictures as well), interviews with the big names, walking around old studios, venues.

(not "hollow" ones like BH or NC)
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Gommes_ » 02 Sep 2018, 15:26

The Convicted:Might not be the accurate topic, but I'm really craving for a hardstyle documentary about the beginnings with rare footage (videos and pictures as well), interviews with the big names, walking around old studios, venues.

Second that
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Postby ceero » 02 Sep 2018, 21:53

The Convicted:Might not be the accurate topic, but I'm really craving for a hardstyle documentary about the beginnings with rare footage (videos and pictures as well), interviews with the big names, walking around old studios, venues.

With Scot Project, Activator, Technoboy, The Beholder, Charlie Lownoise, The Prophet, Zany, Dj Neo... Count me in.
But i think a Headhunterz biographic movie about a deep spiritual journey and getting up there from nowhere (all narrated by Heady himself) is more likely in forseeable future :+

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby The Convicted » 07 Sep 2018, 21:46

Also would like to hear a longer and more detailed version from the intro of DBSTF's Promised Land ;D
The Convicted (23)
Global Mod

Postby Tomix » 14 Sep 2018, 22:28

Gommes_:

Second that

I would like to see something similar to those documentaries (just not as hollow as mentioned) about Rudy Peters :)
Guy has a rally good sense for marketing & branding. An even better sense for turning potentially good, talented acts into cash cows. _O_
Tomix (28)
State Native

Postby Syntronicz » 09 Nov 2018, 08:51

Oh... How i've been waiting for something like this to come up... Where to start?? *Hold my beer*

- Psyko Punkz was once great, he is not anymore, Wietses tracks are stupid with his dumb homemade vocals and "i am the greatest of all time" thinking in every track of his.
- I am thrilled that Sven is back in the scene in form of Keltek and I think that we have so much more to see from this guy. (i just like to mention this in contribute to the whole Psyko Punkz thing)
- Project 1's debut album was great and might be one of the best things that have ever happened to the scene, but they should have stopped there. Even though i think some of the new tracks are kinda good.
- Brennan Heart and The Prophet should have retired ages ago. The same goes for Noisecontrollers.
- I HATE REVERSE BASS, and i automatically skip a track if it contains reverse bass kicks.
- I hate TNT' tracks. they are boring and does kill the vibe for me on a dancefloor.
- Radical Redemption made one good album 'Annihilate' ' the rest of his music is horseshit. i mean Brutal 6.0, would you just stop already :eyeroll:.
- I don't know what any of you see in Phuture Noize. like really don't...
- Upcoming hardstyle producers should stop complaining about who stole whose kick... Its 2018 for crying out loud.. no one, i mean NO ONE cares about ripped kicks anymore?
- Blutonium Boy 2012-2013. Dude, THANK YOU for making me laugh so hard i damn near pissed myself. :rofl:
- I used to hate Sound Rush tracks, but recently they've actually pumped out some really nice tracks.
- I love bootlegs and i actually miss that time when everyone made bootlegs.
- I actually like that Headhunterz are back. I think he did some great things for the scene, and i think we need to acknowledge that.
- I feel sorry for Da Tweekaz everytime i read comments about them being on a line-up. Because even though they are genuinely good guys and really good producers. It seems like no one but Q-Dance take them seriously and it makes me quite sad.
- Whenever i see Wildstylez behind the decks, it makes me want to go to bed.
- I miss Audiofreq, because i think he was the only guy in this scene who could really make a proper mixdown.
- I stopped listening to Hard With Style when Sound Rush, Audiofreq or whoever else made it overtook it. I also returned like a little dancing puppy when headhunterz went back to making it again.
- Hardstyle is hardstyle, but i am glad that we divided it into subgenres. It makes it much easier for me to avoid guys on Spoontech and Gearbox Digital.
- I like that "raw" hardstyle kicks found its way into euphoric hardstyle because to me, it feels like we are "finally" making hardstyle great again, and taking it somehow back to its original form.
- I MISS GLIDE MELODIES!
- D-Charged is SUPER underrated.
- Atmozfears even though he is a fucking talented guy and i do like he's music a lot, does seem to me to be selfish.
- Qlimax is never going to reach your expectations.
- I stopped listening to Demi Kanon, because he sounds like a 10/10 copy of Atmozfears.

Sorry if i stepped on anyone's toes doing this.
Syntronicz (25)
State Outsider

Postby Morbid_Angel » 09 Nov 2018, 16:08

Looks like the king of unpopular opinions has landed.
Morbid_Angel (34)
State Native

Postby Twixel » 10 Nov 2018, 08:16

Morbid_Angel:Looks like the king of unpopular opinions has landed.

His favorite track is silence lol
Twixel
State Celebrity

Postby ThePrincipal » 10 Nov 2018, 08:33

Hardstyle is hardstyle, but i am glad that we divided it into subgenres. It makes it much easier for me to avoid guys on Spoontech and Gearbox Digital.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby Eststylaz » 10 Nov 2018, 09:57

ThePrincipal:
Hardstyle is hardstyle, but i am glad that we divided it into subgenres. It makes it much easier for me to avoid guys on Spoontech and Gearbox Digital.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life

x100000 spoontech sounds more like hardstyle, it has more this type sound like it was 15 years ago when i first started listening hardstyle :facepalm:
Eststylaz (30)
State Native

Postby ceero » 10 Nov 2018, 11:49

Why? There are people who like Atmozfears stuff and dont like Gearbox stuff. If they are not tgat much into the scene, subgenres are what helps them orientate and avoid RR kind of stuff if they are looking for Adrenalize stuff. Makes perfect sense to me.

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby ThePrincipal » 11 Nov 2018, 02:10

I don't care that he hates Spoon or Gearbox - but I don't get how someone can say

HS is HS

then - glad we divided it into subgenres.

Sort of a double negative I guess!
The Principal - Hardstyle DJ/Producer from Australia

Facebook: @theprincipalofficial
Soundcloud: @theprincipalaus
ThePrincipal
State Celebrity

Postby ceero » 11 Nov 2018, 09:46

Oh okay now i get it xD

FUCK SPOTIFY
ceero (26)
State Retired Person

Postby Soundphase » 11 Nov 2018, 15:33

Hardstyle is getting faker and faker, I'm sorry, but I feel this way about the scene. I don't feel excitement for track releases nowadays. I will not quit loving hardstyle though, only ignorance can say that hardstyle sucks.

It really is harder for producers to be motivated nowadays :(
It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation
Soundphase (28)
State Celebrity

Postby Gommes_ » 11 Nov 2018, 16:48

I don't really get what "faker" is supposed to mean in the context of hardstyle. Do you mean pushing the right buttons in order to create a hit?
I hear home in that bass
Gommes_ (33)
State Native

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles