Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

[24/11/2018] Qlimax - The Gamechanger

Looking for parties?

Postby ID » 29 Oct 2018, 20:07

Martz:
ID:
Annomaximo:I really hope for a raw act like E-Force, Rebellion or D-Sturb. That would make the evening complete.

Someone of Most Wanted that never been put on the defqon 1 maisntage ? :+ will never happen :D

beside, anthem is really "meh" technically it's not really high... really far from an "elite event" anthem.
It's just a new track from SZP.

N-Vitral,Angerfist, Tha Playah, Crypsis, Mad Dog?

So, all artists that all already did Q-base, Decibel mainstage ? You never noticed that E-force was never put on a Q/B2S mainstage ?
ID
State Senior Citizen

Postby Amperial » 29 Oct 2018, 20:14

Annomaximo:
Neon:Someone like Warface or Radical deserve a slot

Radical is welcome, but don't give him the mic! Always screaming too much while he is playing. Sooo annoying

Dude its sick. You just see him and you know he loves the shit hes doing.

Fucking give him three mics and a pair of kickroll sticks.

ID:
Martz:
ID:Someone of Most Wanted that never been put on the defqon 1 maisntage ? :+ will never happen :D

beside, anthem is really "meh" technically it's not really high... really far from an "elite event" anthem.

So, all artists that all already did Q-base, Decibel mainstage ? You never noticed that E-force was never put on a Q/B2S mainstage ?

Dude maybe hes scared of people.

In all seriousness though. I don't get it as hes on a roll since The Edge of Insanity.
Amperial
State Native

Postby kennymanson » 29 Oct 2018, 21:34

I really hope that d-sturb will be the surprise act
DEFQON.1 2018 - Now i'm finally a WEEKEND WARRIOR
kennymanson
State Native

Postby propells » 29 Oct 2018, 22:23

I asked E-force in Gotheburg why Q isn’t welcoming him and other artists that are doing better than most platinum artists in the Netherlands. He replied by saying: Politics.

Sad but true :(
I think we all know the answer.. Explosions!
propells (24)
State Celebrity

Postby Amperial » 29 Oct 2018, 23:01

propells:I asked E-force in Gotheburg why Q isn’t welcoming him and other artists that are doing better than most platinum artists in the Netherlands. He replied by saying: Politics.

Sad but true :(

In his case its really sad.
Amperial
State Native

Postby kirchow » 30 Oct 2018, 02:40

Nobody has asked for my opinion, but here it is anyway.

I just listened to every Qlimax anthem starting with The Prophecy and ending with The Game Changer. I believe this anthem is one of the better ones. What bothers me about it though, is the amount of potential it had. The track as a whole feels rushed, making parts of it feel disjointed. It's 4:44 but it could easily have been increased to 6:00. The foghorns on the intro are going to sound phenomenal live. The mid-intro has incredible drive, but then it collides into the break and ends too fast. Then the break is really long for some reason. I wish they had extended the mid-intro and layered that oriental singing voice over a kick, sort of like how DBSTF did in the beginning of Nature of Our Mind.

At first I didn't like the whisper "Qlimax... the Game Changer" but it's grown on me. I like how it's followed by a deep QLLIIMAAXXX later before the kick. As for the melody, I love it. It's simple and beautiful and is going to sound great live. I wish they had extended the first and second melodies though. It seems like the chord progressions don't naturally complete themselves and that is why I think the track should have been longer. For reference, I thought Wildstylez did a good job allowing chords to finish in his anthem.

My top 3 anthems are Prophecy, No Way Back, and Nature of Our Mind. This definitely had the potential to be up there but I think it falls just short. I love the drive and melody though and it gets better everytime I listen to it. Who knows, maybe after this year's Qlimax I'll have 4 favorites and not just three :) Overall I think it's a solid anthem. Good job SZP.
kirchow (25)
State Citizen

Postby Neon » 30 Oct 2018, 05:43

With these anthems i really question how much freedom an artist truely gets. Q Dance must provide all of the vocals and provide a clear direction and criteria. The anthem itself is pretty good, it will go down a treat in the dome and that’s what Q want.
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Postby Martz » 30 Oct 2018, 10:43

ID:
Martz:
ID:Someone of Most Wanted that never been put on the defqon 1 maisntage ? :+ will never happen :D

Not sure what you've been smoking m9-1 he's played at Qapital mainstage multiple times aswell as doing the anthem and also played at Freaqshow mainstage :pacman:
Extreme RAW
Freaqshow 2016 | Qapital 2017 | Defqon.1 2017 | Tomorrowland 2017 | Mysteryland 2017
Qlimax 2017 | Hard Bass 2018 | Qapital 2018 | Intents 2018 | Defqon.1 2018 | Hard Island 2018
Martz
State Tourist

Postby pawzo » 30 Oct 2018, 14:41

So far Anthem is pretty dope, definitely better than last one already ( Last one grown a bit LIVE at GelreDome) but this one I already like and cannot wait to hear it live. It feels like another SZP track but at the same time it feels mystical, tribe-ish. If only WP/audiotricz would take SR slot and someone else Wildy's it would've been sooo much better :D
pawzo
State Newcomer

Postby Segugio » 30 Oct 2018, 17:34

Neon:With these anthems i really question how much freedom an artist truely gets. Q Dance must provide all of the vocals and provide a clear direction and criteria. The anthem itself is pretty good, it will go down a treat in the dome and that’s what Q want.

Strongly doubt it. Wildstylez scrapped his first version of the anthem last year and started over. If there was a lot of interference by Q, the anthems would be somewhat standardized, and they are not. Sometimes you get a long narrative, sometimes you only get a few words. The guidance is probably something like "use the words of the theme somewhere". I think the peripheral vocals are up to the individual artist.
Segugio (33)
State Tourist

Postby philee » 30 Oct 2018, 18:56

kirchow:Nobody has asked for my opinion, but here it is anyway.

I just listened to every Qlimax anthem starting with The Prophecy and ending with The Game Changer. I believe this anthem is one of the better ones. What bothers me about it though, is the amount of potential it had. The track as a whole feels rushed, making parts of it feel disjointed. It's 4:44 but it could easily have been increased to 6:00. The foghorns on the intro are going to sound phenomenal live. The mid-intro has incredible drive, but then it collides into the break and ends too fast. Then the break is really long for some reason. I wish they had extended the mid-intro and layered that oriental singing voice over a kick, sort of like how DBSTF did in the beginning of Nature of Our Mind.

At first I didn't like the whisper "Qlimax... the Game Changer" but it's grown on me. I like how it's followed by a deep QLLIIMAAXXX later before the kick. As for the melody, I love it. It's simple and beautiful and is going to sound great live. I wish they had extended the first and second melodies though. It seems like the chord progressions don't naturally complete themselves and that is why I think the track should have been longer. For reference, I thought Wildstylez did a good job allowing chords to finish in his anthem.

My top 3 anthems are Prophecy, No Way Back, and Nature of Our Mind. This definitely had the potential to be up there but I think it falls just short. I love the drive and melody though and it gets better everytime I listen to it. Who knows, maybe after this year's Qlimax I'll have 4 favorites and not just three :) Overall I think it's a solid anthem. Good job SZP.

Damn, i've been listening only three times to the anthem. Didn't have an opinion yet. But as soon as i read your comment, i do have a 100 percent the same opinion as you. Good job! :one:
philee
State Outsider

Postby Nesp » 30 Oct 2018, 20:25

pawzo:So far Anthem is pretty dope, definitely better than last one already ( Last one grown a bit LIVE at GelreDome) but this one I already like and cannot wait to hear it live. It feels like another SZP track but at the same time it feels mystical, tribe-ish. If only WP/audiotricz would take SR slot and someone else Wildy's it would've been sooo much better :D

better than last one???

temple of light is the best qlimax anthem of the past 6-7 years, this one isn't even close.
Nesp
State Senior Citizen

Postby Bigblock » 30 Oct 2018, 22:40

Nesp:
pawzo:So far Anthem is pretty dope, definitely better than last one already ( Last one grown a bit LIVE at GelreDome) but this one I already like and cannot wait to hear it live. It feels like another SZP track but at the same time it feels mystical, tribe-ish. If only WP/audiotricz would take SR slot and someone else Wildy's it would've been sooo much better :D

better than last one???

temple of light is the best qlimax anthem of the past 6-7 years, this one isn't even close.

tahught the same ! ---- Wildstylez production level is miles ahead Oo
Bigblock
State Newcomer

Postby lilfrenchidiot » 30 Oct 2018, 22:44

I'm a big Wildstylez fanboy but the SZP anthem beats it by far imo
lilfrenchidiot (22)
State Celebrity

Postby kirchow » 31 Oct 2018, 01:36

philee:Damn, i've been listening only three times to the anthem. Didn't have an opinion yet. But as soon as i read your comment, i do have a 100 percent the same opinion as you. Good job! :one:

Haha thank you! Everytime I listen to the song I like it more. It's going to absolutely bang live :p
kirchow (25)
State Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles