Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

[22/06/2018] Defqon.1 Festival - Maximum Force [NL]

Looking for parties?

Postby DjVero » 28 Jun 2018, 19:10

Solar:
Frenic: Q-dance should make some rules because some people want to sleep in order to be fine the next day for the festival.

No you should get some good ear plugs if you want a good night sleep. They will never make such rules because there is no way to enforce those and the whole idea of a weekend festival for lots of people is to go on for as long as they can. I use foam ear plugs, they silence even the loudest of neighbours, just insert them properly and you will sleep like a baby.

Or sleep at one of the campings nearby. We always stay at Resort Zuiderzee with some tents and although the bus back to the camping is a pain in the ass (supercrowded or walk 45-60mins) you'll be able to get some relatively good night's sleep, even though some people like to play their music early in the morning as well. Plus, proper shows and a normally priced supermarket on the camping :)

Comments on Defqon:
It was my 8th Defqon and I'm still amazed by the production level of Q. It was truly one epic weekend with lots of great music. It really sparked my interest in hardstyle again, even though I can't quite get into the newcomers (visited Devin Wild and some other DJ before him on Sunday at the UV). Brennan Heart and Project One on Sunday were awesome _O_. Visited Magenta on Sunday as well (The Pitcher and Second Identity), which is still the best hardstyle.
B-Front & Phuture Noize on Friday were cool as well, but that's about the only raw I heard during the weekend. We visited the after-party on Saturday as well for the very first time lol. TNT & Proppie were cool, nice classics in-between, but that's about the only thing I remember well from the Saturday :+
Endshows were amazing _O_.

Bring on more hardstyle! Q-Base will be the next one :D
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby DirtyTok » 29 Jun 2018, 06:13

I heard some rumors about the bbq/tent kinda shop has been removed and replaced with a training Center/shop thing? Is that true, can someone confirm?
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby Segugio » 29 Jun 2018, 16:00

DirtyTok:I heard some rumors about the bbq/tent kinda shop has been removed and replaced with a training Center/shop thing? Is that true, can someone confirm?

There was definitely a gym if that's what you mean by "training center". Was amazing.
Segugio (33)
State Tourist

Postby hurricane01 » 29 Jun 2018, 23:52

kennymanson:guyz random curious questions

how many people can stand in the blue and the black stage?

and red?

tnx

Blue tent is approx. 8300 M2 large (called "Texas" 60x138m). Front stage, bars, Front of House etc. needs to be substracted. So lets take 7500M2. In the Netherlands is the rule, maximum 4 people per M2. So for Blue approx. 20000 - 25000 max.

Red area is approx. 20000 M2 large at maximum, including green hills on the both sides, so when its packed during Power Hour & Endshow. This would be 60000 - 70000 people max.

Black, I dont know. I guess its 20% smaller compared to Blue.
hurricane01
State Senior Citizen

Postby kennymanson » 30 Jun 2018, 01:12

hurricane01:
kennymanson:guyz random curious questions

how many people can stand in the blue and the black stage?

and red?

tnx

Blue tent is approx. 8300 M2 large (called "Texas" 60x138m). Front stage, bars, Front of House etc. needs to be substracted. So lets take 7500M2. In the Netherlands is the rule, maximum 4 people per M2. So for Blue approx. 20000 - 25000 max.

Red area is approx. 20000 M2 large at maximum, including green hills on the both sides, so when its packed during Power Hour & Endshow. This would be 60000 - 70000 people max.

Black, I dont know. I guess its 20% smaller compared to Blue.

Tnx man really professional :-)
DEFQON.1 2018 - Now i'm finally a WEEKEND WARRIOR
kennymanson
State Native

Postby DirtyTok » 30 Jun 2018, 03:08

Segugio:
DirtyTok:I heard some rumors about the bbq/tent kinda shop has been removed and replaced with a training Center/shop thing? Is that true, can someone confirm?

There was definitely a gym if that's what you mean by "training center". Was amazing.

What a waste. At Defqon.1 all you do is train xD
Boys of WIllem fan-club owner
DirtyTok (25)
State Hero

Postby kennymanson » 30 Jun 2018, 11:41

when did you think it will be available the saturday end show?
kennymanson
State Native

Postby DjVero » 30 Jun 2018, 11:57

DirtyTok:
Segugio:

What a waste. At Defqon.1 all you do is train xD

You mean by "train" beer drinking?? :+ Coz that's about the only work-out I got during the weekend :hat:
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby Sausagefish » 30 Jun 2018, 14:44

They didn't print a newspaper this year? Or did I just miss it?
Sausagefish
State Newcomer

Postby GimmeKicks » 30 Jun 2018, 14:47

Sausagefish:They didn't print a newspaper this year? Or did I just miss it?

No newspaper this year. I asked at an information stand and they told me :G
GimmeKicks
State Newcomer

Postby dolanpls » 01 Jul 2018, 01:09

Fucking amazing set if you ask me. Compare this to the unbelievably boring Noisecontrollers set.... they get undeserved hate.
dolanpls (23)
State Celebrity

Postby kennymanson » 01 Jul 2018, 11:41

Am I wrong or Q-dance said he would publish Saturday endshow this week?
I really can’t wait to see this official video
It looks amazing in my iPhone.. I guess what it will be in 1080p
kennymanson
State Native

Postby Derek11596 » 01 Jul 2018, 12:30

Ye I was very disappointed by Noisecontrollers's set :( . But very surprised positively by BM's.
Derek11596
State Newcomer

Postby Neon » 01 Jul 2018, 13:39

kennymanson:Am I wrong or Q-dance said he would publish Saturday endshow this week?
I really can’t wait to see this official video
It looks amazing in my iPhone.. I guess what it will be in 1080p

Will be this coming week and will be exclusive to members at Q Dance website first
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Postby Nepsaol » 01 Jul 2018, 14:37

dolanpls:

Fucking amazing set if you ask me. Compare this to the unbelievably boring Noisecontrollers set.... they get undeserved hate.

I don't think the hate has been undeserved. Last two years, I feel that both as BM and NCBM, they've been pushing cheesy hardstyle from 2012-2015ish. And that wasn't the way to go from 2016 and forward.

This set how ever is EPIC. This is the type of vibe they should be pushing! It's great to see that their amazing capabilities still exists! :)
Nepsaol (26)
State Senior Citizen

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles