Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

[19/08/2017] Decibel Outdoor Festival + Weekend [NL]

Looking for parties?

Postby NICK9656 » 22 Aug 2017, 22:05

Defqon is the Tomorrowland of the hardstyle scene. Decibel is not that hyped and gets that much attention, so yeah... that could be the reason.
"The Only Limit Is Your Own Imagination"
NICK9656 (21)
State Celebrity

Postby Neon » 23 Aug 2017, 14:34

tomm!c:I just wanna leave this here:
Is it just me or do DJ's seem to prepare much more stuff/tools/unique sets for Defqon? After Defqon there are like 3 pages of unreleased stuff and for Decibel not even half a page. I know that's mainly because of the radio hosting of DQ, but still. Also the social media hype is much bigger when DQ is coming compared to Decibel. But still those festivals are vistited by roughly the same amount of people.

And what about the shows... the basic DJ sets...

I just wanted to leave this here. :)

This year at least, the majority of artists were given their own 'Artist Missions' some were to create bootlegs, remixes and more. This is why at least for this past edition there were a lot of new/remixed/DQ Edits
Qlimax '14 '15 '16
Hard Bass '18
Neon (26)
State Native

Postby Tomix » 23 Aug 2017, 16:07

Also DQ is the start of the Summer Season, while DB is at the end of it.
DJs have plenty more time preparing for DQ unlike the rest of festival season events
Tomix (27)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Skape » 23 Aug 2017, 18:05

Tomix:Also DQ is the start of the Summer Season, while DB is at the end of it.
DJs have plenty more time preparing for DQ unlike the rest of festival season events

This. I was about to say that, for me this is the main reason.

DQ is the first major summer festival, so DJs are hyped as fuck. And they have indeed more time to prepare for it while when the summer start they have gigs every week-end all around the world, so not much time in the studio.
Skape
State Native

Postby Gracio » 07 Dec 2017, 18:42

FIFA World Cup Winner 2014: Germany
Harderstate World Cup Prediction Champion!!!
Gracio (30)
Crab

Postby Dazlee84 » 06 Mar 2018, 11:18

Is decibel in full swing on sundays the same as defqon? Or is it mainly Saturday?
Dazlee84
State Tourist

Postby Solar » 06 Mar 2018, 11:26

Dazlee84:Is decibel in full swing on sundays the same as defqon? Or is it mainly Saturday?

Not in full swing, the Friday and Sunday have a much smaller population (say 10k vs 65k on the Saturday), so it has a second festival area on the camp site. You can't compare it to Defqon.1 regarding to scale, but it has a unique atmosphere at the campsite imo.

I attend both festivals and think they are great I have to admit that Defqon.1 is my favorit.
Solar
State Newcomer

Postby Dazlee84 » 06 Mar 2018, 23:06

Solar:
Dazlee84:Is decibel in full swing on sundays the same as defqon? Or is it mainly Saturday?

Not in full swing, the Friday and Sunday have a much smaller population (say 10k vs 65k on the Saturday), so it has a second festival area on the camp site. You can't compare it to Defqon.1 regarding to scale, but it has a unique atmosphere at the campsite imo.

I attend both festivals and think they are great I have to admit that Defqon.1 is my favorit.

Ok thanks for the info, I can’t get on the Saturday so I think I’ll try my best to get a defqon ticket instead
Dazlee84
State Tourist

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles