Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

General Mash-Up topic (Give feedback before posting yours!)

Are you unsigned and made a complete track you're very satisfied with?

Postby Darycka » 11 Nov 2012, 19:05

Post your Mash-Ups (if they are downloadable) in this topic! This also means that separate topics for mash-ups are no longer allowed :)

Rules:
- Give feedback to the person above you before posting your own snippet.
- Since we're in the unsigned hardstyle section, the mash-up should be downloadable
- Upload to a site where you don't have to download the file.

(Zippyshare / youtube / soundcloud)
50% of D-Verze

Image Image Image Image
Darycka (24)
Producer

Postby Jonas » 11 Nov 2012, 19:07

Hey, made a mashup of 3 versions of Da Bootleggers - Bitches & Ho's - Original Mix, Damage Remix (Trap) and the Digital Punk Remix. Thanks to Maneki Neko for helping me improve it :) Hope you will like it :)
(Jonas H is me btw, just more pronounceable than Hawl if you're not Danish ;) )
I'm just here for the music, man
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby Antimoon » 11 Nov 2012, 20:32

Hi Hawl,
I like the idea behind this mash up :) The implementation is nice too ;)
This topic will be my new home :D
Greetz Fearox

P.S. Thanks Darycka for this topic ! :fist:
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ant_moon

F-Rank:I should dislike this. I really should, but I kind of like it. As braindead raw as this is, I still like it.
Antimoon
State Celebrity

Postby Jonas » 11 Nov 2012, 20:48

Fearox:Hi Hawl,
I like the idea behind this mash up :) The implementation is nice too ;)
This topic will be my new home :D
Greetz Fearox

P.S. Thanks Darycka for this topic ! :fist:

Thank you :)

And also thank you to Darycka, this wont be my last addition to this thread!
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby Katsching » 11 Nov 2012, 21:40

Hey Hawl, before I heard your mash-up I had only known the Digital Punk refixx, now I know two more versions of it. You made it rather well to always put one part of a track and then a part from another version of the track. That means, although it's always the same track (Bitches & Ho's) there's a cool variety in it :)

And now mine: I made it in only one hour and it's my first mash-up ever. I wanted to make it for my next mix and this new thread by Darycka convinced me to do it today. I just love this powerful mid intro in Midnight and that atmosphere in Annihilating gave me the shivers when I heard it the first time. I don't really know if my mash-up is halfway decent but maybe someone likes the combination :)

description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (21)
State Hero

Postby Jonas » 11 Nov 2012, 21:57

Hey Katsching, thank you for the great feedback :)

I like the combination of those two tracks, they fit together great. The thing is when you're mixing two different tracks is that it's very easy to hear when you change from one track to another. The thing that makes those tracks change unfluently (yeah, that's how I'm gonna express it) could be the audio level of those two tracks. It's the same thing as when mixing, you would like them to change from one track to another as fluently as possible, and you would usually want the track to be at the same volume level, and you can actually see that on the wavelengths on soundcloud than annihilating is a bit louder than Midnight, so finding the spot where they are equal, and the wavelengths make it a lot easier. Another thing is that what you have done, is to cut out midnight very sharply you know what I mean? You could think on DJing again, what you could do is try to fade on track out either with a filter/EQ or by just turning the volume down. So here you could f.e. play 4 bars of the midnight intro thing while fading it out, since that will make it more fluently (It sounds best if those two tracks are in the same key, and I honestly don't know those two track very well so I don't know if that even is possible. The outro sounds weird to me too, don't know why. It sound like something is off beat or something, I don't know the tracks very well, so I honestly don't know why :)

EDIT: While looking at my own wavelengths I see that all the 3 tracks are at a different volume :rofl:
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby Katsching » 11 Nov 2012, 23:00

Thanks for the feedback and of course for the information I get from your answer cause I'm not very into this. As I have already mentioned i made it for myself and only i one hour :)
description of TOA - Genosha 175 #10:
The Outside Agency is more powerful than a locomotive that is more powerful than two locomotives!
Katsching (21)
State Hero

Postby Jonas » 11 Nov 2012, 23:04

Yeah, that's why I'm sharing what I know about this. I'm not some sort of superior myself, I'm honestly just a nerd who has been playing around in audacity for a long long time (I think I started making crap in audacity in an age of 11 or something)
Jonas (19)
State Hero

Postby Shadow Interaction » 12 Nov 2012, 04:39

Katsching:Hey Hawl, before I heard your mash-up I had only known the Digital Punk refixx, now I know two more versions of it. You made it rather well to always put one part of a track and then a part from another version of the track. That means, although it's always the same track (Bitches & Ho's) there's a cool variety in it :)

And now mine: I made it in only one hour and it's my first mash-up ever. I wanted to make it for my next mix and this new thread by Darycka convinced me to do it today. I just love this powerful mid intro in Midnight and that atmosphere in Annihilating gave me the shivers when I heard it the first time. I don't really know if my mash-up is halfway decent but maybe someone likes the combination :)

sounds decent... but if you really want to make it good, try to work on the 'wholeness', some parts don't really fit well together, or change too randomly.
a good mashup should sound flawless at all points

for example:
2:25 the mashup comes with the break of Midnight
but this break runs up to the climax with a lead... and at 2:50 it changes to something else out of nothing... this technique doesn't really work well in this case... i'd cut away the midnight break and then end midnight intro with annihilating (from the drop)

i like the idea on 5:04, but try to make the parts clean when it switches... because it gets a little bit messy there
here are 2 ways to fix this:
- chop up the parts and paste them in between (will be a bit difficult to get it synced unless you've got welltrained ears)
or:
- run a cutoff or volume automation when the parts switch (that way one of the channels will be 'deactivated' for a specific area in the mashup)
Last edited by Shadow Interaction on 12 Nov 2012, 04:49, edited 2 times in total.
- Pithune / Shadow Interaction / Tensphoria / Mass Vibrant -

https://www.facebook.com/DjPithune
http://www.soundcloud.com/PithuneMedia

Shadow Interaction (29)
Producer

Postby Shadow Interaction » 12 Nov 2012, 04:42

here a few of my mashups:

-edit-
and an older:
Tat & Zat vs The R3bels - Odissea Reaction (Pithune Mashup)
- Pithune / Shadow Interaction / Tensphoria / Mass Vibrant -

https://www.facebook.com/DjPithune
http://www.soundcloud.com/PithuneMedia

Shadow Interaction (29)
Producer

Postby Nuracore » 12 Nov 2012, 18:31

@Pithune,
Heard the first 3 already in our dropbox but your olderversion one.. thats the one i haven't heard. Therefore it's an older one i dont know if you want the feedback.

But here it is.
Oke the vocal of Reaction is a bit of i must say. And odissea sounds a bit stretched when the vocals are mixed in. Don't know if it was suppose to be but it bugged me :P

here is a small NC /Mashup/Tool :) Enjoy as it is a free download.

Nuracore (24)
State Citizen

Postby Neko » 12 Nov 2012, 18:42

@ Hawl, you're very welcome!

@Nuracore:
You really hear the effort you put in this one and I fucking love it. Thanks for sharing, I'll use this one too! _O_ BUt I wouldn't call it just a mashup, its more like a Megamix in 4 minutes :D

Here's mine: (For all Geck-O fans^^) Better you directly Download it, zippyshare has a shitty player, it really sucks donkey balls and asses at the same time
And I suck at caring about BPM btw, for all those who want to use this

Geck-O - It's Space Jam's Night (Maneki Neko Mashup)
Formerly known as Maneki Neko
https://www.facebook.com/djmanekineko
Neko (24)
Producer

Postby Digital Audio Tape » 13 Nov 2012, 14:42

Shadow Interaction:
Show spoiler
here a few of my mashups:

-edit-
and an older:
Tat & Zat vs The R3bels - Odissea Reaction (Pithune Mashup)

Done With Only Kicks is the best out of these three. I liked the interplay of kicks and FXs. the first one is actually nice as well! the breakdown fits the midintro perfectly

okay, my turn. just a small mashup of Bass Modulators - The Cube. I used the midintro/outro from the 2012 Edit and the main part - from Phuture Noize Remix.
Brennan Heart:It's called hardstyle for good reason. It's hard and it's style

aw yiss! My new shiny facebook page!
Digital Audio Tape (29)
Crab

Postby Antimoon » 13 Nov 2012, 18:30

The Mad Loud Tool mash up is really amazing _O_ _O_ _O_
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ant_moon

F-Rank:I should dislike this. I really should, but I kind of like it. As braindead raw as this is, I still like it.
Antimoon
State Celebrity

Postby Acoustic Armageddon » 14 Nov 2012, 11:19

Nice Topic :)
A whole lot of nice Mashups in here. I like the Cube Mashup from Digital Audio Tape. But there´s a little click at the second transition to the Outro. If u fix that it would be really well done. :)

The Donkey Rollers vs Hard Driver & B-Front Mashup from ShadowInteraction is also really nice and well done. Realy smooth :)

The Track "Geck-O - It's Space Jam's Night (Maneki Neko Mashup)" will find it´s way to my next gig i think if it´s OK for you Maneki Neko.

Let me show u some of my mashups that i have uploaded at the Moment:

Image Image Image
Acoustic Armageddon (37)
Producer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles