Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

England to Defqon

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales

Postby GolGotha » 22 Mar 2013, 12:08

Storm:That sounds like an idea @ GolGotha, but aren't you only going for the Saturday?

Yes, just the Saturday.
GolGotha (29)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby Storm » 22 Mar 2013, 12:09

Ahh, that's a shame. I want to go for the whole weekend, preferably.
Ask me for Facebook link :)
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby GolGotha » 22 Mar 2013, 13:31

Just as a reminder, the token prices have gone up by a couple of euros.

Might not seem like much, but if your going for the whole weekend it will add up.
GolGotha (29)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby VanillaFace » 22 Mar 2013, 14:20

Storm:Where in the UK are you from/living? Where were you hoping to fly from?
I don't know who to travel with yet, or via what method, or from where.
The easiest would be to fly from where I live, but I might have to travel to London first to fly with others, since I'm really anxious about using an airport for the first time.

I don't know where I'll be, I don't know the first thing about England (except a football team here and there)! All I know is that I'm arriving in London from Australia on the 16th of June with my friend and she doesn't want to come to Defqon with me, so I really have no friends, no plans or even an idea what I'm doing.
You really don't have much to be anxious about though! I'm going to be on the other side of the world by myself for the first time, going from one foreign country to another haha.
VanillaFace (24)
State Native

Postby DjVero » 22 Mar 2013, 14:24

I can't give you any advice regarding how to travel etc, but flying and airports are nothing to be anxious about indeed. Everything is self-explanatory and you'll definitely find your way, no matter what. Just go a couple of hours in advance, and you've got plenty of time to find and sort everything out ;)
Mr. Revealed
DjVero (30)
Crab

Postby MC'2 » 22 Mar 2013, 21:17

Storm:
VanillaFace:Will be travelling from the UK by myself if I end up going. This is a scary thought, so I'll definitely keep in touch with this thread.
I've heard you can fly from most of the major airports pretty cheaply with budget airlines? Are they better value than ferries? Coach trip would also be sickkk though, so many possibilities!

Where in the UK are you from/living? Where were you hoping to fly from?
I don't know who to travel with yet, or via what method, or from where.
The easiest would be to fly from where I live, but I might have to travel to London first to fly with others, since I'm really anxious about using an airport for the first time.

In my experiences i found when flying with KLM that there staff were a lot more helpful than the likes of easyjet (although £30 with easyjet return is ridiculously cheap) , and i found klm to give a bit of leeway with regards to baggage aswell,
if you do decide to fly make sure and get to schipol in very good time your gate can be quite far away from check-in but relatively easy to find

PS. You should do the thursday in amsterdam also, brilliant city and easy to get to the festival from there on the friday morning, Q dance said on the the DQ website the best train stop to get off at is Dronten you just get on a shuttle bus from there. You will be able to book them from Eventtravel soon.
MC'2
State Tourist

Postby Pivotphone » 23 Mar 2013, 00:26

So guys it seems there is demand for a meet up so shall we say meet up at the main station in amsterdam. The only problem i can see is that we are all going to get there at different times. i for one haven't booked my ferry yet so i have no idea but we could all just hang about amsterdam for the day. meet up introduce ourselfs just wonder around.

When we all get there we go to the event, set up camp and have ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND! :dance:

i would suggest getting earlier times than later! :fist:

Guys just say you would like to meet up, you know music is all about making frineds!!
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Storm » 23 Mar 2013, 09:02

I've spoken with GolGotha, and I think for my first year at Defqon 1, I'm going to go for Saturday only, to get a feel of how much I would spend in 1 day and such.

I'd still love to meet up with you guys at the park though :D Will have to get people's numbers nearer the time or something.
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby walkthedinosaur » 23 Mar 2013, 21:33

I am thinking of going, but can't figure take hotel or defqon camping. All depends how much they charge for bungalo, because seems like they have at least something resembling bed. What about showers? Are they public, seperate? Did they have clean floors last years? I've been to one festival, where you actually got dirtier after shower. Do not want :) Any info appreciated!
walkthedinosaur
State Outsider

Postby MC'2 » 24 Mar 2013, 02:00

walkthedinosaur:I am thinking of going, but can't figure take hotel or defqon camping. All depends how much they charge for bungalo, because seems like they have at least something resembling bed. What about showers? Are they public, seperate? Did they have clean floors last years? I've been to one festival, where you actually got dirtier after shower. Do not want :) Any info appreciated!

The camping is great aslong as you take the essentials like an extra towel, an extra pair of trainers, baby wipes, a lantern and a lot of silly things like that.
The showers are separate, there really good you feel refreshed after you have had one. Its wet wooden floor in the shower cabin so trainers to get back to your tent would be good
MC'2
State Tourist

Postby Storm » 24 Mar 2013, 14:45

MC'2:
walkthedinosaur:I am thinking of going, but can't figure take hotel or defqon camping. All depends how much they charge for bungalo, because seems like they have at least something resembling bed. What about showers? Are they public, seperate? Did they have clean floors last years? I've been to one festival, where you actually got dirtier after shower. Do not want :) Any info appreciated!

The camping is great aslong as you take the essentials like an extra towel, an extra pair of trainers, baby wipes, a lantern and a lot of silly things like that.
The showers are separate, there really good you feel refreshed after you have had one. Its wet wooden floor in the shower cabin so trainers to get back to your tent would be good

I would suggest wearing flip-flops in the showers - can pick up things like athletes foot and stuff otherwise D: Just take flip-flops with you to the shower, and you can wear them back to your tent as well :) (I doubt you'll get muddy feet, it's in the middle of Summer - ground should be dry)
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby GolGotha » 24 Mar 2013, 15:44

Yeah.....don't be to sure about that :P
GolGotha (29)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby Pivotphone » 24 Mar 2013, 22:48

Lets hope we bring the sunshine this year!
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Pivotphone » 08 Apr 2013, 03:44

so did anyone bye a ticket today or am i going alone :rofl:
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Storm » 08 Apr 2013, 20:54

Pivotphone:so did anyone bye a ticket today or am i going alone :rofl:

I'm buying the Hardstylers UK ticket on Saturday, which already comes with the ticket :D
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles