Not a fan of one of the genres?

(You can't hide all the genres)

England to Defqon

England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales

Postby Storm » 21 Mar 2013, 18:20

What can you do about suitcases/valuable stuff, if you were to stay in a tipi? I don't want to go back to a tipi and find I've had stuff stolen xD People even steal useless things from people's tents, just to annoy the person.

I'd be willing to meet people at Amsterdam or something and travel to the event together, or even meet here in the UK before travel abroad. I don't know whether I'm going to get a flight from here in Southampton, or travel to London and then fly from London City Airport.

I've never actually flown before, even though I've had a passport since I was 14, so this is a whole new experience for me D: I don't think I'm scared of flying, more just, I don't understand the whole baggage weight and other extra charges etc.
Ask me for Facebook link :)
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby Pivotphone » 21 Mar 2013, 18:24

It's worth looking at a ferry which im sure there is one from dover which im not sure how long that is away from you but worth looking. There are lockers there aswell so just keep the key safe and from my experience Holland people are alot less.... theivy than the uk :rofl:
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Storm » 21 Mar 2013, 18:29

How big are the lockers though?

Ferry would be possible, but I don't think I'll pass my driving test in time, and there's the whole traveling through Europe just to get there. About 10-15 hours overall in travel time.
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby Pivotphone » 21 Mar 2013, 18:32

They arn't big mainly for valuables and are of course expensive. Well im taking a ferry to rotterdam and then catching a train to amsterdam station to meet people. It's supprisingly easy to navigate and everything is in english.
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby Storm » 21 Mar 2013, 18:38

Looks like I won't take my Canon 600D with me then, too expensive to lose or get stolen ><

No idea what I can do with a suitcase then with all my stuff in D: Don't want it hanging around in a tipi all weekend
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby Neogenesis » 21 Mar 2013, 19:16

I'll hopefully be flying there from Heathrow :) I think it's like £99 return if you book it in time. Like pivotphone says, it's relatively easy to navigate your way round! A lot of people speak English too :)
Neogenesis (24)
State Citizen

Postby Storm » 21 Mar 2013, 19:58

I have no idea where I could fly from to be honest. It's cheaper to fly from London, but it means I still have to travel up there, and it would be easier to travel on a plane with other people anyway, since I have never been to an airport before and don't know the whole process xD
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby Neogenesis » 21 Mar 2013, 20:01

I work at Heathrow, so you'll be fine - I know my way around it all :D
Neogenesis (24)
State Citizen

Postby Storm » 21 Mar 2013, 20:13

If I decide on it, would that be OK to tag along with you on the flight? Depends what day you travel though D: Otherwise, I'd appreciate it if just explain to me the process of checking in at airports and such, in case I choose to travel from here :P

I was thinking of going on Thursday, getting a cheap hotel in Amsterdam Thursday night, and traveling to Biddinghuizen on Friday morning.
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby Riseley » 21 Mar 2013, 22:31

You can get tickets with JET2 from Leeds-Bradford, start at around £29 to Amsterdam, or From £30 with Easyjet from Liverpool, Manchester or Newcastle.... sorry just noticed you were darrnnn sarrfff
Riseley (31)
State Senior Citizen

Postby Pivotphone » 22 Mar 2013, 01:26

wow thanks for telling me riseley!!! Can you send me a link from leeds bradford? I can't see to get that cheap
Pivotphone
State Senior Citizen

Postby GolGotha » 22 Mar 2013, 03:43

Storm: If you can get to Folkestone you can come on the coach with us. You won't need to worry about luggage restrictions and can leave your suitcase on board.

I used to fly out on my own a lot so I know how overwhelming it can be, so I think this may be more beneficial until you are more confident.

Pivot, I believe those prices are each way.
GolGotha (29)
Miss Super Boobs

Postby Storm » 22 Mar 2013, 10:38

That sounds like an idea @ GolGotha, but aren't you only going for the Saturday?
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Postby VanillaFace » 22 Mar 2013, 11:44

Will be travelling from the UK by myself if I end up going. This is a scary thought, so I'll definitely keep in touch with this thread.
I've heard you can fly from most of the major airports pretty cheaply with budget airlines? Are they better value than ferries? Coach trip would also be sickkk though, so many possibilities!
VanillaFace (24)
State Native

Postby Storm » 22 Mar 2013, 11:55

VanillaFace:Will be travelling from the UK by myself if I end up going. This is a scary thought, so I'll definitely keep in touch with this thread.
I've heard you can fly from most of the major airports pretty cheaply with budget airlines? Are they better value than ferries? Coach trip would also be sickkk though, so many possibilities!

Where in the UK are you from/living? Where were you hoping to fly from?
I don't know who to travel with yet, or via what method, or from where.
The easiest would be to fly from where I live, but I might have to travel to London first to fly with others, since I'm really anxious about using an airport for the first time.
Storm (27)
State Newcomer

Quick Reply

Register or login to share your passion for the harder styles